Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

5 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Do you think playing an entire season ('18) with a broken bone in his leg might've negatively impacted his performance?  If you're not sure, this might help:

“For a right-handed quarterback, the left leg is the landing leg which receives all of their weight in the final stages of the throwing motion,” Dr. Schuett explained. “Pain in that knee like Rodgers had would likely make a quarterback attempt to avoid the full weight transfer onto that leg altering his throwing motion. This likely was the cause of a number of his overthrows and balls that seemed to sail as he cut off his throwing motion halfway through or slowed it down. Attempting to compensate for this by aiming lower very likely caused a number of the balls Rodgers threw at the feet of wide-open receivers.”

Do you think playing in a new offense ('19) after 11 seasons in a different offense might've negatively impacted his and his teammates performance? 

If not, why? 

Most fans turn the injury mode off

AJ Brown is a good WR, but Jenkins is an all-pro calibre OL in multiple positions.  The choice between the two is easy, particularly if you're a quarterback who doesn't like getting hit.

Like the only IOL I'd take before Jenkins without blinking is Nelson in Indy, and how many WRs are you taking before Nelson?

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

The worst thing you can give Rodgers is power and make him the king again.  Once he owns you he becomes complacent.  He really could have played better in 2019 but he was not really totally buying into LeFleur's offense and went off script repeatedly.  Rodgers over and over again changed the play last year out of a running play to a pass play with little success.  His passes were off target and he was really off on long throws that used to be his bread and butter.  His mechanics were getting worse by the year.  But hey...no heir apparent was around and he had a nice new fat contract where he was paid $70 million up front.  Sweet deal.  He had managed to get rid of McCarthy the year before and worked with McCarthy to make sure Ball did not become the GM the year before that.  He even aided McCarthy in getting Gute (err...Jerry Krause) to be named as GM (watch out what you wish for).

His world was shocked when the Packers drafted Love.  How could his minions the Packers do that to him.  Rodgers future was now not entirely in his control.  Damn those Packers...damn that management team.  The kingdom he controlled was suddenly not so much totally his as he had an heir apparent on the scene.  This needed to be dealt with and he needed to prove he was still the greatest, but now he would prove it by his play.  Only then did he review tape and look at his play and work on fixing his flaws.  He got together with LeFleur to painstakingly go over the playbook and discuss what would work and what would not.  Until that happened his stance was always "what can you do for me as I'm Aaron Rodgers and haven't you all seen my tape and read my press clippings".  The outcome was a greatly improved Rodgers both in terms of mechanics and in terms of execution of the plays.  This is the Rodgers we paid for in 2018, but it took an act of defiance on behalf of management drafting an heir apparent to get him motivated to play like it.

Now that he feels he is on top of the mountain again, (but with no championship...only stats...as that is the mountain he has ascended as Brady is the king on that other mountain).  But hey...look away from that other mountain...and look at mine and come on bended knee to the alter of Rodgers.  His court jesters and executioners consists of the media.  To make him king again and offer him a contract that pays him the most in the NFL and gives him more power is foolish as he will conduct himself like he did in 2018 and 2019.

I've gone back and forth on what do with Rodgers for the past week.  While it would be great to just tell him "play or retire", I'm convinced I don't want him on this team anymore.  He is a highly talented quarterback (the best thrower ever...not the best leader) but a cancer to a team.  Some people got to always be miserable about something in their life at all times and Rodgers is one of those guys.  Plus, the team invested a 1st round pick in Love and if he is anywhere as good as the scouting reports coming out of college, you have to stand by him if you're management and give him a chance.  Trading him would provide the team with valuable players and draft picks in which to rebuild the team.  Maybe even a better team than the one Rodgers was on.

I'm ready to move on.  It sucks because I wished for a much better ending for both the team and him.  But I do not see a way to really repair this as he has really poisoned the well.

What a giant assumption. Holy hell you have some terrible takes. To act like injuries and a year extra in the system didn't help is beyond dumb. You say he's a cancer to the team when all the players seem to love him across the board. Jesus Christ this forum is unbearable. This is one of the worst takes I've ever read.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

What a giant assumption. Holy hell you have some terrible takes. To act like injuries and a year extra in the system didn't help is beyond dumb. You say he's a cancer to the team when all the players seem to love him across the board. Jesus Christ this forum is unbearable. This is one of the worst takes I've ever read.

We hate Rodgers now.  Therefore Minny's take is absolutely correct. He may not have been a cancer before but he is now.  Rodgers sucks and needs to go.  We don't have room for a hollywood diva in GB. 

• Like 1

It's the warping effect of fantasy on "the lens through which people view football" that "appeasing the QB" entails "drafting WRs" and not "drafting OL."  

Since if I were to look at the quality of OL play versus WR play in the NFL and in college football, I would be much more concerned about "being able to field a good offensive line" than "being able to find good enough WRs".

A lot of good teams were a QB away. Much easier to build a defense than find a QB capable of a Super Bowl run. I would have tried the "build a defense that can hold someone under 30" route since Rodgers is 1-0 with a Top 10 defense helping him out. Might be too late for that now. Regardless, MLF's presser was just as much about Love as it was about Rodgers. He isn't even close to ready. Just making my best Schefter guess based on him wanting to cry at the thought of it.

Edited by cannondale

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

AJ Brown is a good WR, but Jenkins is an all-pro calibre OL in multiple positions.  The choice between the two is easy, particularly if you're a quarterback who doesn't like getting hit.

Like the only IOL I'd take before Jenkins without blinking is Nelson in Indy, and how many WRs are you taking before Nelson?

I wouldn't even take Nelson over Jenkins...

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Great, now MVS demanding a trade to Tampa per Schefty (disclaimer: no sources and not actually true, but that's not required apparently).

Some on this board might actually welcome that demand given the frustration some had with his drops. It's like they forgot how Devanteh didn't go through the same rigamarole...

1 hour ago, PackFan13 said:

You chalk it up to viewing the individual as someone who was jumping up and down the minute was drafted Love. There are a few of them here.

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

We hate Rodgers now.  Therefore Minny's take is absolutely correct. He may not have been a cancer before but he is now.  Rodgers sucks and needs to go.  We don't have room for a hollywood diva in GB. 

you forgot to use the sarcasm color...

6 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

The post I replied to was nitpicky and had hindsight bias as well, so it was fair to criticize it in such a way.

I 100% disagree with you on Jones/Dillon. You can get running backs that are year 1 contributors. Using a second on a RB is bad process, especially if that guy is going to be RB 3. We essentially just wasted a year of a rookie contract on a low value position with high replacement capability. Now it looks even worse with Jones resigning.

Jenkins I like, but the fact is:

A- we could have gotten more valuable player AJ Brown who a lot of us wanted

B- We've had a long history of developing good guards here in the middle rounds. 

Agreed. For all the love he gets from the fanbase and punditry, Jenkins is overrated as an interior player.

Last season, he only marginally outperformed Lucas Patrick, a guy many consider to be replacement level. Patrick had a very average pff grade of 64.8, Jenkins had a 67.7. Compare those grades to Q Nelson, who earned a 86.2, and you see just how far from an elite IOL Jenkins is.  

There's lots to like about Jenkins, but he's probably a better T than G. Hopefully the staff gives him the opportunity to play the more important position fulltime and prove it. That would pave the way for one of those mid-round prospects to get a shot at cracking the lineup.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Agreed. For all the love he gets from the fanbase and punditry, Jenkins is overrated as an interior player.

Last season, he only marginally outperformed Lucas Patrick, a guy many consider to be replacement level. Patrick had a very average pff grade of 64.8, Jenkins had a 67.7. Compare those grades to Q Nelson, who earned a 86.2, and you see just how far from an elite IOL Jenkins is.  

There's lots to like about Jenkins, but he's probably a better T than G. Hopefully the staff gives him the opportunity to play the more important position fulltime and prove it. That would pave the way for one of those mid-round prospects to get a shot at cracking the lineup.

Those PFF grades tell me far more about PFF than they do about Jenkins.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

stop-raging.jpg

7 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Jenkins I like, but the fact is:

A- we could have gotten more valuable player AJ Brown who a lot of us wanted

B- We've had a long history of developing good guards here in the middle rounds. 

Maybe there's an alternate world where AJ Brown is a more valuable player than Jenkins, but it's not this one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Les Punting said:

That's a LOT of bad takes in one post.

• Like 8