Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

17 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've been back and forth a bit on this, but I think we'd be best to move on.  Hopefully Murphy, and Gute have the guts to make the tough call.  I doubt they do .. both could be fired if Love bombs or if Rodgers leads some other team to a title.  If they could land a sweet haul and make the picks count it could wind up being a great situation down the road, but there would be pain in the present.  So much depends on Love.  Risky stuff, but they need to turn the page and move forward with a new era in Packers football.

Instead of thinking about the "sweet haul" in a potential Rodgers trade.

What is the minimum you would trade Rodgers for (whereby if you can't get this, you're ok putting up with AR ish & circus, not moving forward and continuing the path of being uncertain if AR sits out/sulcks.  

12 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Agreed. For all the love he gets from the fanbase and punditry, Jenkins is overrated as an interior player.

Last season, he only marginally outperformed Lucas Patrick, a guy many consider to be replacement level. Patrick had a very average pff grade of 64.8, Jenkins had a 67.7. Compare those grades to Q Nelson, who earned a 86.2, and you see just how far from an elite IOL Jenkins is.  

There's lots to like about Jenkins, but he's probably a better T than G. Hopefully the staff gives him the opportunity to play the more important position fulltime and prove it. That would pave the way for one of those mid-round prospects to get a shot at cracking the lineup.

This is an absolutely insane post from the second paragraph on. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Instead of thinking about the "sweet haul" in a potential Rodgers trade.

What is the minimum you would trade Rodgers for (whereby if you can't get this, you're ok putting up with AR ish & circus, not moving forward and continuing the path of being uncertain if AR sits out/sulcks.  

Personally I wouldn’t trade Rodgers for less than three first round picks and a young star or potential star player.

Especially since it’s after the draft, before the season.

Anywhere he goes and that first round pick is likely 24th overall or better since he will elevate his new team to that level.  So you have to kind of cripple the team somehow.

Take Jeudy away from him in Denver.  That one receiver in Oakland.  As Gute, you want Aaron to struggle in his first year, and he will if he doesn’t have a receiver he can trust.

21 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

AJ Brown is more valuable?  By what measure?  I think an All Pro caliber guard that can play all 5 positions is more valuable that AJ Brown.  I don’t mean that as a slight to AJ. Brown either- I just think you are underrating Jenkins.

I feel like this fan base has mega overvalued Jenkins. He's good and provides position flexibility, but nobody here is an OL scout. PFF has him as a 67.7 (solid starter) and AJ Brown as a 90.1 (star).

Jenkins has 1 Pro Bowl because he was solid, on a good team, and moved around, not because he's Larry Allen.

21 hours ago, spilltray said:

RB3 year 1 RB2 now and if Jones hadn't been willing to sign a pretty team friendly deal, he'd be RB1 right now. Given the situation at the time, it's still fine value.

And I agree you are underselling Jenkins here. He's a true stud G, can play all 5 spots and OL is more important than WR. I'll keep saying it, Time is the best weapon you can give a QB.

A second round pick for a RB 2 in year 2 is a bas pick. Jones' deal wasn't really  team friendly. Not many RBs are getting more than 2 years guaranteed and that is what he got. He's probably the 6-10th best RB in the NFL and is making the 6th most money next year.

Jenkins is solid, but is he really a stud? PFF has him as a 67.7. It is cool he's solid and can move around, this fanbase has him overvalued at the moment though. He made a PB because he was on a good team.

11 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I feel like this fan base has mega overvalued Jenkins. He's good and provides position flexibility, but nobody here is an OL scout. PFF has him as a 67.7 (solid starter) and AJ Brown as a 90.1 (star).

Jenkins has 1 Pro Bowl because he was solid, on a good team, and moved around, not because he's Larry Allen.

In your mind, aside from PFF grade, what is the difference between Jenkins and an All Pro guard?

17 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

A second round pick for a RB 2 in year 2 is a bas pick. Jones' deal wasn't really  team friendly. Not many RBs are getting more than 2 years guaranteed and that is what he got. He's probably the 6-10th best RB in the NFL and is making the 6th most money next year.

Jenkins is solid, but is he really a stud? PFF has him as a 67.7. It is cool he's solid and can move around, this fanbase has him overvalued at the moment though. He made a PB because he was on a good team.

Jones deal is very team friendly. There is very little in guaranteed money, and it's back loaded. It's essentially a 2/20 deal, and that's super reasonable.

PFF grades are a joke, so using them as your only rationale is laughable. You really don't know what you are looking at do you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Personally I wouldn’t trade Rodgers for less than three first round picks and a young star or potential star player.

Especially since it’s after the draft, before the season.

Anywhere he goes and that first round pick is likely 24th overall or better since he will elevate his new team to that level.  So you have to kind of cripple the team somehow.

Take Jeudy away from him in Denver.  That one receiver in Oakland.  As Gute, you want Aaron to struggle in his first year, and he will if he doesn’t have a receiver he can trust.

If the 'bare minimum' deal is three 1st + young star/potential player, no GM would touch that deal, and thus GB will still be in the same position they are today. 

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I feel like you are mega overvaluing AJ Brown's value to the GB offense.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Maybe there's an alternate world where AJ Brown is a more valuable player than Jenkins, but it's not this one.

Based on?... AJ Brown is a better player at a more valuable position (WR over G). 

Using PFF as a barometer Jenkins is a 67.7. He's essentially a home grown Billy Turner (69.3) who is capable, but not a star. Capable, but not star guards exist in R2/3 all the time.

In lieu of Jace, the next 3 guards Mike Dieter (trash 46), Nate Davis 69.7, Connor McGovern (62.2)... 2 capable, 1 bust

2020-

In lieu of Love, the next guard

Robert Hunt (who is also a swing tackle) 65.8 as a rookie

Robert Hunt 

In lieu of AJ Dillon, the next guard

Damien Lewis- 70.2 as a rookie

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/damien-lewis/81532

People on this board act like Jenkins was a home run pick, when in reality, if he is just playing guard for us, he is a single (considering positional value, etc). I'm not going to give the FO ample credit for drafting solid guards/RBs/LBs in R2.

38 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That’s actually another LOL moment.

Rodgers on a new team with all new receivers, all new offensive line.

OMG it might be worth it to trade him to such a team for the 20 yard overthrows alone.

I would much rather get assets from the defense. 

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

Jones deal is very team friendly. There is very little in guaranteed money, and it's back loaded. It's essentially a 2/20 deal, and that's super reasonable.

PFF grades are a joke, so using them as your only rationale is laughable. You really don't know what you are looking at do you?

10m a year (with 6.5 dead in 2 years when we cut him) isn’t really friendly. He’s one of the highest paid rbs in football. He got market. Getting 2 years guaranteed (10-12 a year) with funny money is what all the rbs got (see cook and kamara).

What barometer are you using to judge OL other than the organization saying “we like him.”

• Like 1

If this team lost Davante Adams tomorrow and everything else stayed the same, and their OL was at full health, the offense would basically not miss a beat. In fact, that exact thing happened a couple times.

• Like 1