Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

31 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Based on?... AJ Brown is a better player at a more valuable position (WR over G). 

Using PFF as a barometer Jenkins is a 67.7. He's essentially a home grown Billy Turner (69.3) who is capable, but not a star. Capable, but not star guards exist in R2/3 all the time.

In lieu of Jace, the next 3 guards Mike Dieter (trash 46), Nate Davis 69.7, Connor McGovern (62.2)... 2 capable, 1 bust

2020-

In lieu of Love, the next guard

Robert Hunt (who is also a swing tackle) 65.8 as a rookie

Robert Hunt 

In lieu of AJ Dillon, the next guard

Damien Lewis- 70.2 as a rookie

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/damien-lewis/81532

People on this board act like Jenkins was a home run pick, when in reality, if he is just playing guard for us, he is a single (considering positional value, etc). I'm not going to give the FO ample credit for drafting solid guards/RBs/LBs in R2.

PFF is trash for player ratings.  Brad Jones was one of their top rated linebackers in 2013.  BRAD JONES.

Is PFF a good site? Yes

Does PFF offer insight that may be difficult to find elsewhere? Yes

Is PFF a worthwhile reference point? Yes

Should we consider PFF the end all be all for analysis? Hell no.

It’s a nice reference tool, and a good place to educate yourself about football. For player evaluation grades, they should be used as a grain of salt rather then the primary basis when stating a point. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

PFF is trash for player ratings.  Brad Jones was one of their top rated linebackers in 2013.  BRAD JONES.

They are also in full belief that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers “regret taking Devin White 5th overall.” They are a good website but you can’t blindly accept their grades. It can get nonsensical pretty quickly.

38 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

10m a year (with 6.5 dead in 2 years when we cut him) isn’t really friendly. He’s one of the highest paid rbs in football. He got market. Getting 2 years guaranteed (10-12 a year) with funny money is what all the rbs got (see cook and kamara).

What barometer are you using to judge OL other than the organization saying “we like him.”

PFF grades are a joke, especially for OL and DB. I watch him play. He is an elite G.

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

If the 'bare minimum' deal is three 1st + young star/potential player, no GM would touch that deal, and thus GB will still be in the same position they are today. 

It's funny you say this when every beat writer and fan of teams in the mix are happy to give that up. Especially when you consider whichever AFCW team doesn't get Rodgers will face Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert 6 games a year. Guaranteed 4th place and no playoff birth for 2-3 years. That will be the package we get, either 3 firsts with some mid rounders mixed in among the 3 years, or 3 firsts and a player. I'm sure all teams are prepared to make that offer.

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

And Bakhtiari was their 2nd highest graded OT last year. Jaire was their highest rated CB. Rodgers was the highest rated QB. Linsley was the highest rated OC. Adams was the highest rated WR. Which one of those guys had a bad year?

I assume you think they got it right with Bakhtiari and Linsley but somehow have completely misgraded Jenkins?

Just as strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government, partial recollections from fans half in the bag is no basis to grade players.

Real issue with PFF grades is that they're predicated on evaluating whether a player "did his job" on a given play, when "what a player's job is on a given play" is not disclosed by any NFL team.  There are contexts where it's pretty easy to figure out from context (like "did the WR get open and catch the ball?  Good job!") but the closer to the football at the snap the muddier it gets sometimes.

There's also from a roster building perspective a big difference between "a guy made a mistake on a rep' and "a guy is physically incapable of doing the thing he's asked to do here" since both are going to score a '-' on the score sheet, but the former is eminently more fixable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

It's funny you say this when every beat writer and fan of teams in the mix are happy to give that up. Especially when you consider whichever AFCW team doesn't get Rodgers will face Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert 6 games a year. Guaranteed 4th place and no playoff birth for 2-3 years. That will be the package we get, either 3 firsts with some mid rounders mixed in among the 3 years, or 3 firsts and a player. I'm sure all teams are prepared to make that offer.

Fans are not GMs

You might have 2 teams that Rodgers may want to go to. And if GB gets to the point that they want to move him, they'll insist on a conversation with Rodgers. And Rodgers could always narrow it down to one team once he knows GB is getting ready to trade him. 

Then all the "big packages" drop off the table. 

46 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

And Bakhtiari was their 2nd highest graded OT last year. Jaire was their highest rated CB. Rodgers was the highest rated QB. Linsley was the highest rated OC. Adams was the highest rated WR. Which one of those guys had a bad year?

I assume you think they got it right with Bakhtiari and Linsley but somehow have completely misgraded Jenkins?

Just as strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government, partial recollections from fans half in the bag is no basis to grade players.

Why was Jenkins not great?

26 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Why was Jenkins not great?

Purely based on his subscription to PFF -- It's almost as bad as @Joe and his take that Love will be a bad QB in the NFL because Mahomes had better college stats. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Punting said:

Slow down buddy, I have NEVER put stock into PFF’s player grades.  Show me where I use PFF grades to defend an argument I’m making.  You can’t.  Because they are trash.

How can you grade players or plays when you aren’t a coach?  You don’t know all the intricate details of what the players responsibility is play to play.  You don’t know the technique that’s been coached.  Seriously, player grades via PFF or any non team source need to be severely discounted.  

Edited by Cpdaly23

2 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I think you are getting your years mixed up. You also conveniently forget to mention that they had him graded in the #50’s the following year. It’s not impossible for subpar players to have a good year, especially if they had lesser responsibilities that year. 

The hate on B.Jones went way overboard. People were so angry at the contract he was given that they began to conflate being overpaid with not even deserving a spot on any NFL roster. They were also eager to find a scapegoat to take out their anger on for the team not living up to their narcissistic expectations. 

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

Is PFF a good site? Yes

Does PFF offer insight that may be difficult to find elsewhere? Yes

Is PFF a worthwhile reference point? Yes

Should we consider PFF the end all be all for analysis? Hell no.

It’s a nice reference tool, and a good place to educate yourself about football. For player evaluation grades, they should be used as a grain of salt rather then the primary basis when stating a point. 

Why is your avatar David DeCastro?