Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

From Wilde's new column:

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/aaron-rodgers-issues-with-packers-trace-back-in-part-to-communication-breakdowns/article_5ba4ba16-bd96-5e13-ae17-e5e14cbc60ff.html

“It’s not a bad question, but it’s not one I can answer,” Rodgers replied when asked following a Nov. 1 loss to Minnesota if the team needed to add offensive help at the deadline. “We’ve had many conversations about this type of thing over the years. I truly understand my role. I’m not going to stump for anybody. Last time I stumped for a player, he ended up going to Buffalo.”

I don't remember this postgame presser, but man, that sounds like an extremely petty thing to say on November 1st when you're mid-season. Imagine hanging on to Jake Kumerow of all people getting cut that long and then deploying it in a press conference after a loss like this. I'm sorry, again I love the guy, I'd like it if he came back, but he sounds like a tremendous baby when he does stuff like this. Like he needs his *** powdered 

35 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

From Wilde's new column:

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/aaron-rodgers-issues-with-packers-trace-back-in-part-to-communication-breakdowns/article_5ba4ba16-bd96-5e13-ae17-e5e14cbc60ff.html

I don't remember this postgame presser, but man, that sounds like an extremely petty thing to say on November 1st when you're mid-season. Imagine hanging on to Jake Kumerow of all people getting cut that long and then deploying it in a press conference after a loss like this. I'm sorry, again I love the guy, I'd like it if he came back, but he sounds like a tremendous baby when he does stuff like this. Like he needs his *** powdered 

I don't think it had anything to do with Kumerow the player. It had to do with Rodgers giving a guy props and then Gute "seemingly" saying "hold my beer" and then cutting him the next day. That's quite the coincidence. The "players play, coaches coach" comments were probably related and a dig at the FO. A local guy on a recent podcast said this may go back to the TT era when they basically told him his voice won't be heard. Whether you agree with it or not, it's a thing. And no - I don't think Rodgers wants to make the draft picks. That's just a stupid comment. But as long as there are teams out there that let their guys interact - and they win Super Bowls, you better be concerned.

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spilltray said:

It's a slippery slope. If you listen to input people are usually pissed off when you disregard it.

I am sure Rodgers wouldn't take any issue with his opinion not being the route the team would go in a player transaction decision

47 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Had a dream last night that he came back to play but then sat out mid-game after a bad interception lol

The part of your dream you cant remember is ... somehow QB2 came on to win that game ... and the majority of the games remaining that season ... including running for the winning TD in the SB.

So, QB2 won ring #2 as a backup ... was traded in the offseason ... and everybody lived happily ever after.  

11 hours ago, cannondale said:

I don't think it had anything to do with Kumerow the player. It had to do with Rodgers giving a guy props and then Gute "seemingly" saying "hold my beer" and then cutting him the next day. That's quite the coincidence. The "players play, coaches coach" comments were probably related and a dig at the FO. A local guy on a recent podcast said this may go back to the TT era when they basically told him his voice won't be heard. Whether you agree with it or not, it's a thing. And no - I don't think Rodgers wants to make the draft picks. That's just a stupid comment. But as long as there are teams out there that let their guys interact - and they win Super Bowls, you better be concerned.

Coaches cut players not GM's.

28 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Who said he was bad?

I’m trying to understand what’s informing your opinion about his run blocking needing improvement. I’m assuming it’s just PFFs grades but if there was anything else you’d like to share about it I think it would be interesting content.

23 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

I think you are getting your years mixed up. You also conveniently forget to mention that they had him graded in the #50’s the following year. It’s not impossible for subpar players to have a good year, especially if they had lesser responsibilities that year. 

The hate on B.Jones went way overboard. People were so angry at the contract he was given that they began to conflate being overpaid with not even deserving a spot on any NFL roster. They were also eager to find a scapegoat to take out their anger on for the team not living up to their narcissistic expectations. 

No, he was legitimately a terrible player at the end of his tenure in Green Bay.