Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

One thing is for sure, none of us know the exact demands or the team stand at this point.

We've heard Rodg wants Gute canned.  That isn't going to happen, and the team I'm sure immediately told Rodg that wasn't going to happen.  This might be completely false.  If true, he really made some kind of similar demand, it was not only an asinine demand but laughable.  Players prom queen or not do not have any input on front office personnel.  Ever.

We've heard ol Rodg wants some say in free agency and on draft day.  Might be completely or mostly false.  If true, he should be welcomed to lay it on us.  Sure, share what you think.  But in no way think the staff will be influenced by it.

We've heard Rodg wants a long term commitment.  He has a 3 year contract right now, in the NFL that is long term.  What he really wants is to make it so the team can not move him in any way 3-5 years.  For a 38 year old player.  I understand that QB is easier to play now than ever.  Sure, like pointed out in an above post look what Brady is doing!  Ah, yeah Rodg, look what Brady has always done.  Now compare your success post season.  Pretty bleak.  The team needs to look out for the team, now and long term.  Burying ourselves in a bloated contract with a 38 year old is a disaster waiting to happen.

If Rodg truly expects any of these things to the extreme then he needs to retire and pay back a pile of money or he needs to go with great compensation coming our way.  His signature on that 3 year contract says so.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 15412 said:

We've heard ol Rodg wants some say in free agency and on draft day.  Might be completely or mostly false.  If true, he should be welcomed to lay it on us.  Sure, share what you think.  But in no way think the staff will be influenced by it.

Dont think you can do the former and not expect the latter.....

Some players ... perhaps ... but with his supposed carping / obsessing over the release of a roster hanger-on, AR's shown himself not to be one of those players.

9 minutes ago, 15412 said:

One thing is for sure, none of us know the exact demands or the team stand at this point.

We've heard Rodg wants Gute canned.  That isn't going to happen, and the team I'm sure immediately told Rodg that wasn't going to happen.  This might be completely false.  If true, he really made some kind of similar demand, it was not only an asinine demand but laughable.  Players prom queen or not do not have any input on front office personnel.  Ever.

We've heard Rodg wants a long term commitment.  He has a 3 year contract right now, in the NFL that is long term.  What he really wants is to make it so the team can not move him in any way 3-5 years.  For a 38 year old player.  I understand that QB is easier to play now than ever.  Sure, like pointed out in an above post look what Brady is doing!  Ah, yeah Rodg, look what Brady has always done.  Now compare your success post season.  Pretty bleak.  The team needs to look out for the team, now and long term.  Burying ourselves in a bloated contract with a 38 year old is a disaster waiting to happen.

If Rodg truly expects any of these things to the extreme then he needs to retire and pay back a pile of money or he needs to go with great compensation coming our way.  His signature on that 3 year contract says so.

You've however forgot to mention anything about potential outside pressures from his fiance'....Is Shailene Woodley going to be contented living in GB?....And the fact that she spends time in Colorado, is she posturing him for playing for the Broncos?.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont think you can do the former and not expect the latter.....

Some players ... perhaps ... but with his supposed carping / obsessing over the release of a roster hanger-on, AR's shown himself not to be one of those players.

Then it would become similar to the front office influence.  NEVER.  You never allow a player control involving personnel decisions.  You cede that kind of power and you're going down a dark path.  "We will take your advice under consideration" but it must be made clear in no way does it carry weight.

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

You've however forgot to mention anything about potential outside pressures from his fiance'....Is Shailene Woodley going to be contented living in GB?....And the fact that she spends time in Colorado, is she posturing him for playing for the Broncos?.... 

If you're serious about Woodley..., then Rodg needs to honor her wishes, right?   The team should always come after the girlfriend, right?  It would truly be a demonstration of his commitment.  I don't honestly think it's a factor.  If so, then he needs to do what is good for her I guess.

7 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

There isn't enough sun in Green Bay for her...... rituals.

• Like 2

Just now, 15412 said:

Then it would become similar to the front office influence.  NEVER.  You never allow a player control involving personnel decisions.  You cede that kind of power and you're going down a dark path.  "We will take your advice under consideration" but it must be made clear in no way does it carry weight.

I'm not against asking a player what they may think. That can be done without anointing them with an honorary front office title ... but the thrust of my comment was that AR's personality may not be conducive to his offering his opinion and letting it go should the player or players not be selected. I've no clue actually ... but he doesnt seem like the kind of guy to let it go and not feel slighted. Pure conjecture on my part.

Time with AR is short anyway ... which may be a blessing. Should the FO offer such an inclusive policy towards him - he wont be around long enough (and theoretically will be under contractual lock down.....) that he can make life unbearable.

The guy's not the GM. No player is bigger than the team.

5 minutes ago, 15412 said:

If you're serious about Woodley..., then Rodg needs to honor her wishes, right?   The team should always come after the girlfriend, right?  It would truly be a demonstration of his commitment.  I don't honestly think it's a factor.  If so, then he needs to do what is good for her I guess.

Neither your opinion or mine means jack squat when it comes to matters of this nature....

2 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Neither your opinion or mine means jack squat when it comes to matters of this nature....

Well, that is obvious.  If a player chooses to put girlfriend over team then by all means he should go.  For more than just that reason.

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Hard to take someone who calls Rodgers "Judas" seriously 😂

Yah I was kinda torn on that.  Other option was Benedict Aaron.  Like that one better?  It'a a fricken forum none of us should be taken seriously.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah I was kinda torn on that.  Other option was Benedict Aaron.  Like that one better?  It'a a fricken forum none of us should be taken seriously.

This whole time I thought Aaron was Samwise to my Frodo, but he’s just Boromir. 

• Like 2