Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Really could use a "BREAKING - Aaron Rodgers has been traded!" tweet from Schefter right about now

waiting a year just makes so much sense though!  Convert his remaining bonus into base salary, trade him with 0 dead cap, you still have love for 2 years plus a 5th year option if you want it.

Don't be hasty!

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Question is, if the Packers trade Rodgers to SF and get that #3 overall pick, what do they do with that pick? 

They are taking Lance but for the sake of argument I'll play.  I would trade down early and often to maximize draft capital.  You could leverage that pick into 3 1st rounders.  One hell of a bounty that pick could command. 

33 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

he can hold out but then they won't have to pay him for the weeks he holds out, so I guess that solves the dead cap problem of trading him?

32 minutes ago, Green19 said:

That’s fine. They have a QB... he literally gains nothing from holding out. Unless if he is good with not playing football.

That's Rodgers leverage.   It's not like he is hurting for money

Just now, skibrett15 said:

waiting a year just makes so much sense though!  Convert his remaining bonus into base salary, trade him with 0 dead cap, you still have love for 2 years plus a 5th year option if you want it.

Don't be hasty!

it's a sunk cost and a wasted year of development that will be extremely toxic

there's no benefit to keeping him around longer just for sake of not having dead cap hit this season.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it's a sunk cost and a wasted year of development that will be extremely toxic

there's no benefit to keeping him around longer just for sake of not having dead cap hit this season.

It's an MVP encore with a fully locked and loaded roster that's ready to win now.