Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

7 hours ago, Green19 said:

He will be doing that in a year or so...

Thinking the rookie we just drafted will be more likely an all pro candidate then the guy we just resigned for a year.  

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Thinking the rookie we just drafted will be more likely an all pro candidate then the guy we just resigned for a year.  

Jaire...ya know. The best young cb in the league. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31445099/with-situation-unchanging-coach-matt-lafleur-reiterates-desire-aaron-rodgers-stick-green-bay-packers

Asked whether he planned to prepare Love as the starter just in case they can't persuade Rodgers to return, LaFleur said: "I'm not going to make any assumptions about anything at this point. We're just going to take it day by day, but every player on our roster has got to have the mentality that they're going to be the guy. If not, when you do get your opportunity, you will not be prepared for it. So that is always what we stress to every player on this football team."

It would be real interesting to know whether LaFleur, when he goes home at night, behind closed doors, cusses out Rodgers or Gute, lol. He can't be happy with this distraction either way. 

17 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Meant Alexander 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

It would be real interesting to know whether LaFleur, when he goes home at night, behind closed doors, cusses out Rodgers or Gute, lol. He can't be happy with this distraction either way. 

He seems like a pretty emotionally intelligent guy to me, probably sleeping pretty well.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, deathstar said:

He seems like a pretty emotionally intelligent guy to me, probably sleeping pretty well.

Does any NFL head coach sleep well?

• Like 1

As for Rodgers, I expect 4 weeks from now he'll be the highest paid QB in the league, and will be locked in as GB's starting QB through the duration of the Love rookie contract.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

As for Rodgers, I expect 4 weeks from now he'll be the highest paid QB in the league, and will be locked in as GB's starting QB through the duration of the Love rookie contract.

God I hope not.  That would be a huge mistake by the Packers.  Really hope they don't cave.  He's under contract for another 3 years they don't have to do anything.  Smart thing to do is to trade him to the highest bidder.  A disgruntled Rodgers who isn't all in doesn't do the Packers any good. We sign him as you suggested he'll probaby get injured in the first few weeks.  Karma is a *****.

• Like 2