Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Rodgers reportedly believes Packers promised to trade him | Yardbarker

And what the hell is this?  Every day a new story.  Find it hard to believe that the Packers would agree to trade Rodgers.  So yah think it's BS.  Maybe Rodgers did have that in his head.  Wish this crap would get resolved on way or the other.  Guess patience is a virtue.

Im very skeptical of that report.  Why would the Packers say that?  We may have many more months of this stuff before its resolved.  

Edited by NFLGURU

And what the hell is this?  Every day a new story.  Find it hard to believe that the Packers would agree to trade Rodgers.  So yah think it's BS.  Maybe Rodgers did have that in his head.  Wish this crap would get resolved on way or the other.  Guess patience is a virtue.

This is nonsense. I saw a report yesterday as well saying Rodgers was golfing with Elway lmao! As if that wouldn't be obvious tampering.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yes he did through his agent.  Sorry not buying it.  They tried to force a trade to SF on the day of the draft. 

A trade to SF wasn't possible on draft day. SF had already given away all of their future assets to move up to 3. That was never a thing. 

• Like 3

Yes he did through his agent.  Sorry not buying it.  They tried to force a trade to SF on the day of the draft. 

I'm not saying there aren't issues.  Clearly Murphy, Gute and MLF going out to California says a lot.  I'm sure the media will build this up again around Jun 1.  Murphy isn't going to allow the trade of Rodgers without a public demand from Rodgers to do so, and even then he might not.  Thats not a PR battle you want to fight without Rodgers demanding he gets traded.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

A trade to SF wasn't possible on draft day. SF had already given away all of their future assets to move up to 3. That was never a thing. 

Sure it was.  Shanahan even called.  They had the #3 pick not sure what else they were going to offer.  Rodgers wanted to be traded to his favorite team in the area he grew up.  When that failed it was Denver (where his fiance lives) and Vegas near LA.  It's no secret what they were trying to do.  

23 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

If there’s anyone in your life that still thinks Schefter made all this up, ask them why Rodg hasn’t shown up to the virtual off-season activities. He always does that stuff, even if it’s voluntary. 

I think everyone knows it's not complete BS, there's an obvious rift. However, there's a valley between "Rodgers is upset and would like a new contract" versus "Rodgers is going to sit out unless he's traded." Schefty and the media in general have been backtracking on this story since the draft.

I'm expecting Rodgers to sit out all the voluntary workouts because it gives him time to continue to try to leverage a new deal. I'm also expecting him to be at TC and even more confident he'll be the Week 1 starter, whether he gets the new deal or not (but I think he gets it in the end anyways). 

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think everyone knows it's not complete BS, there's an obvious rift. However, there's a valley between "Rodgers is upset and would like a new contract" versus "Rodgers is going to sit out unless he's traded." Schefty and the media in general have been backtracking on this story since the draft.

I'm expecting Rodgers to sit out all the voluntary workouts because it gives him time to continue to try to leverage a new deal. I'm also expecting him to be at TC and even more confident he'll be the Week 1 starter, whether he gets the new deal or not (but I think he gets it in the end anyways). 

You’re mostly right, but there are some real gullible rubes out there. My mother, for one 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Sure it was.  Shanahan even called.  They had the #3 pick not sure what else they were going to offer.  Rodgers wanted to be traded to his favorite team in the area he grew up.  When that failed it was Denver (where his fiance lives) and Vegas near LA.  It's no secret what they were trying to do.  

And we know those discussions didn't go very far.  Which likely means either Green Bay had no desire to even entertain the notion of trading Rodgers AND/OR the package wasn't very good.  It doesn't benefit the 49ers from moving young, cheap pieces in a Rodgers' deal, so assuming Javon Kinlaw and Nick Bosa were off-limits it's going to hard to get traction on the deal.  The best young, cheap pieces the 49ers have outside of that are Fred Warner, Deebo Samuel, and Brandon Aiyuk.  Warner is likely off-the-table in a Rodgers' deal, and you'd like to keep Samuel and Aiyuk around for Rodgers to throw to.  And given the fact that the 49ers traded TWO future FRPs to move up to #3, I believe the only future FRP they could offer is 2024 so you're talking about a package that starts at #3 and 2024 FRP, and works from there.  That's not a very appealing package unless you like the #3 pick a whole hell of a lot.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And we know those discussions didn't go very far.  Which likely means either Green Bay had no desire to even entertain the notion of trading Rodgers AND/OR the package wasn't very good.  It doesn't benefit the 49ers from moving young, cheap pieces in a Rodgers' deal, so assuming Javon Kinlaw and Nick Bosa were off-limits it's going to hard to get traction on the deal.  The best young, cheap pieces the 49ers have outside of that are Fred Warner, Deebo Samuel, and Brandon Aiyuk.  Warner is likely off-the-table in a Rodgers' deal, and you'd like to keep Samuel and Aiyuk around for Rodgers to throw to.  And given the fact that the 49ers traded TWO future FRPs to move up to #3, I believe the only future FRP they could offer is 2024 so you're talking about a package that starts at #3 and 2024 FRP, and works from there.  That's not a very appealing package unless you like the #3 pick a whole hell of a lot.

agreed on this.  

SF would have needed to add 2-3 young players to have an attractive offer.  GB was not going to get the value out of the #3 pick....assuming GB was not interested in a QB.   GB would have needed to move the #3 pick to a QB hungry team.  Maybe Denver makes a big move.... pick 9,  2022 1st and a player

On 5/15/2021 at 8:11 AM, Scoremore said:

That's not new.  Trey Wingo released that same info on draft day.