Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I don't think current contract will factor in at all on the compensation in a trade.  New team will surely be increasing a Rodgers salary up to a higher level. I think GB would eat the lowest dead cap amount as possible.

There’s no reason for him to get an increased base salary. The new team’s lower cap number doesn’t mean Rodgers is being paid any less than if he had stayed in GB. The only difference is in the accounting on the team side, since the entire contract signing-bonus cap hit sticks with GB even though they only had his services for 1yr of the deal. 

There is no way for GB to adjust the dead cap hit. The $ amount they have to eat stays the same, whether it’s eaten 100% in yr1 or 50% in yr1 & 50% in yr2. 

• Like 1

Yah, I'm gonna want a player or two on first contracts plus multiple ones and other picks for Rodgers.

I'd take Chubb, no problem.  It could very well be that he becomes better than Z.  

I'd take Jeudy, no problem.  Very good WR to pair with Love.  He's proven himself already in the league.

Not sure about the other "young" players for Denver, but Surtain would fit the bill as well.

Raiders don't have much.  I don't value their WR Ruggs too much.

The "why" behind taking young players is easy.  They are proven and relatively cheap.  AND they diminish the team around Rodgers, which could lead to more losses and better draft picks.  

• Like 1

Andrew Brandt thinks he's got the answer to ending this squabble between the Packers and Rodgers.  Basically it involved Rodgers getting a big bump to play this year and then getting dealt before the draft in 2022.  

1. Rodgers ends whatever discontent he has with the team and returns to the Packers for the 2021 season, with a monetary adjustment to reflect his MVP-level of play.

2. The Packers move $10 million of Rodgers’s $25 million 2022 salary into a roster bonus due if he is on the team in the first days of the ’22 league year.

3. The Packers have to decide before the offseason whether to pay Rodgers that money (which would ensure his presence on the team in 2022) or to trade him and turn the team over to Love.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/18/business-of-football-aaron-rodgers-packers-possible-resolution

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 3

Not sure if this info's been posted already....

AlbertBreer talked to NFL executives to pinpoint the cost of trading for Aaron Rodgers.

Broncos get:
AR
2022 4th round pick

Packers get:
Lock
Chubb
Risner
2022 1st round and second round picks
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

1 minute ago, Leader said:

AlbertBreer talked to NFL executives to pinpoint the cost of trading for Aaron Rodgers.

Broncos get:
AR
2022 4th round pick

Packers get:
Lock
Chubb
Risner
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

Yeah, it's been posted and debated a time or two.  I think a deal similar to that would be enough for me to part ways with Rodgers.  I'd like to have Jeudy or Surtain in there somewhere, but it's a pretty good haul to say the least.  I think it's a deal you'd make late in training camp with hopes that it would take a good while for Aaron to get up to speed, thus affecting the Broncos 2021 win total.

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Broncos get:
AR
2022 4th round pick

Packers get:
Lock
Chubb
Risner
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

I sort of like the following proposal

Broncos get:

AR

Adams

2022 4th round pick

Packers get:

Chubb

Jeudy

Surtain

2022 1st and 2nd round picks

2023 1st round pick

2024 1st round pick

We may as well start over at WR as I feel that Adams will leave if we trade AR, so by getting Jeudy, we can form the new QB-WR combination for the future.  I want Surtain as he is way more NFL ready than Stokes (he is very developmental to me and needs at least a year of work or two on technique).  Chubb could be very useful and he is young talent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Broncos get:

AR

Adams

2022 4th round pick

Packers get:

Chubb

Jeudy

Surtain

2023 1st round pick

2024 1st round pick

We may as well start over at WR as I feel that Adams will leave if we trade AR, so by getting Jeudy, we can form the new QB-WR combination for the future.  I want Surtain as he is way more NFL ready than Stokes (he is very developmental to me and needs at least a year of work or two on technique).  Chubb could be very useful and he is young talent. 

That would probably be the biggest deal the league has ever seen .. and I'd probably swing that deal if I was the Packers.  I don't think the Packers really want to pay Adams the kind of money he will soon demand.

First, I don't think Rodgers is going anywhere this year.

In the Madden realm of trade talk, we're not going to trade Adams.  He's under contract and we will keep him this year regardless.  We are not going to suck without Rodgers.  We have a pretty good roster and will still compete for the division title if nothing else.  

Rodgers had a great year no doubt, but remember that MLF's offense goes well with a good ground game- we still have that.  We have a nice set of complimentary WRs to run this offense. So, even if this is Adams last year we keep him.  His numbers didn't suffer when Hundley was QB, maybe the only player who's numbers were still okay.

In the unlikely hood that there is a trade:

Rodgers and K. King

for

Surtain

Noah Fant

2022 1st

2023 1st & 2nd

Next year we let Tonyan and Adams go to free agency.

Edited by Dubz41

17 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Factoring in:

+ Rodgers: skill

+ Stafford: age, timing of trade, no pressure to trade & content

I'd say Rodgers multiplier is (0.75)(Stafford trade value)

I'd also factor in Goff's contract.  The only reason Detroit got multiple firsts is because they were willing to take on what is likely the worst contract in the NFL currently.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Broncos get:

AR

Adams

2022 4th round pick

Packers get:

Chubb

Jeudy

Surtain

2023 1st round pick

2024 1st round pick

I like the idea of packaging Adams this year.   Question is do we get more in return if we send him off to another team for 1st and 2nd rounds picks or Jeudy and picks from Denver.  I'm sure Rodgers would greatly appreciate Adams going to Denver.  If that were the case I would have to ask for Coutland Sutton also.  Seems he is rehabbing nicely from ACL surgery. 

Edited by Lombardi X 4

4 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

Broncos get:

AR

Adams

2022 4th round pick

Packers get:

Chubb

Jeudy

Surtain

2023 1st round pick

2024 1st round pick

Take out Surtain and I'll be fine with this.

I don't want anyone's castoff QB in a trade.  I don't want Lock, I don't want Tua, I don't want Carr.  We have Love and we have Bortles if Love is not yet ready.  If we suck, then we suck and get a good draft pick and can take our choice of QB in the draft.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

1. Rodgers ends whatever discontent he has with the team and returns to the Packers for the 2021 season, with a monetary adjustment to reflect his MVP-level of play.

Disagree strongly w/ Brandt here. He ALREADY was prepaid this MVP money. It is bad business to double pay for services.