Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

10 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Yes that is the logical approach.  However after giving a big FU to the organization, the team, the coaches, and the fans pretty much eliminates bringing back the diva.  Caving to his demands is the last thing the Packers should do.  Either we trade him, he plays under his current contract, or he can sit.  That's it.

I am really hoping we can trade him and get back a huge haul.  I don't care if we regress.  After his draft day stunt I want him gone.  Guess some fans are OK with what he is pulling.  I am not one of them.  Benedict Aaron Diva Judas Rodgers.  Traitor.  This is worse then Farve playing for the Vikings IMO.  Coming up on 3 weeks of silence. 

Silence speaks volumes.  Guilty as charged.  The crime high treason.  We should trade him to Houston. 

His draft day stunt? You mean when Schefter fabricated a "breaking news" story?

34 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Let me break this down for you:

His Hawaii trip does NOT mean he's mentally checked out or not committed. It means he's on vacation. Simple as that. 

But lets say nothing happens this offseason between the Packers and Rodgers that makes Rodgers happy.  If he comes back, does he come back as committed as he was last year?  I think everyone will be looking at that very closely.

There is no way Rodgers has checked out.  I would venture to guess that he is at his most prepared mode.  He is letting this boil with his silence.  I really believe he is coming back and no small part of it is his teammates.  His best shot at superb owl is here.  He's just butt hurt.  Gute had the perfect plan, Aaron saw that he was just a pawn in Gute's plan and he wants some control over his future.

Rodgers is just getting revenge for being out planned by Gute. 

1 hour ago, ajdodge09 said:

I think its getting pretty clear that Schefter has been sniffing around these contract talks for awhile hoping to hop on this story. When Paul Allen released the trade discussions story with the 49ers he panicked and released his story as if it was breaking news that he just heard and not just an accumulation of hearsay over the last 4 months. He looks like *** in this story but its quickly been forgotten. 

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not a fan of the question or the answer, frankly.

See I don't mind giving your QB A little bit on input on NFL FA or listening for specific positions he thinks he needs to succeed but why in the hell would anyone give AR input into who to draft? "O hey seasoned NFL scout who has spent well over 24 hours watching game tape, interviewing coaches, & attending practices in person I think we should sign this guy. I watched him for 30 minutes on ESPN College Gameday". 

I'm a project manager I wouldn't just walk into accounting one day and give them pointers on how to add the numbers its just silly. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Let me break this down for you:

His Hawaii trip does NOT mean he's mentally checked out or not committed. It means he's on vacation. Simple as that. 

Let me break it down for you.  Remember 2018?  That's what you can expect.  He doesn't want to play for the Packers.  He's newly engaged and is all about his woman right now.  Maybe it's unfair but she will be a major distraction.  Add in his distain for the FO.  Yah sure he's going to light it up in 2021.  Do you think he is doing any offseason work right now?  Bet he's studying film and working out real hard in Hawaii.

He's not a god he's human.  Sometimes I think some of you forget that.  Whatever my stance is whether he plays for the Packers or someone else he is not going to have an MVP type season.  Probably closer to how he played in 2019.  If with the Packers probably closer to 2018.  Don't get me wrong he'll still be good.  Above average but not Godgers.

He shows up to OTA's and participates in training camp maybe I'll change my tune.  Don't expect that to be the case.  He'll hold out until the last minute and if he has no other choice he'll play for the Packers.  Can't wait to see his body language on the sidelines.  I think it's pretty clear to all he's a malcontent.  What do you think Rodgers is "all in" ?  Feel free to pull up this post in November and tell me I told you so.  

1 hour ago, ajdodge09 said:

You mean when his agent Dunn leaked the story to Schefter to try to force a trade?  We've been over this at length.  Believe whatever you want.  It wasn't a mere coincidence.  It was his last chance to play for SF and he knew it.  Packers be damned.  I saw it all go down in real time.  No doubt in my mind that Dunn with the diva's blessing dropped a sh*t bomb.  His treachery will never be forgotten.  Long time Rodgers fan ever since he was drafted.  He's dead to me now.  

31 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not a fan of the question or the answer, frankly.

I posted this once before and was surprised to get zero feedback, but I will post it again in response to this clip. 

Tyler on Twitter: "In hindsight, these are super interesting comments by Aaron Rodgers regarding his relationship with the front office...🤔 #Packers https://t.co/WdJNGq8URd" / Twitter

2 minutes ago, R T said:

Something has changed since that video was posted (2018).  I do think the front office has failed some when it comes to communications with Aaron.  I think maybe the whole sequence of events that led to the firing of McCarthy might have changed the dynamic between Aaron and some of the front office staff.

How old is Aaron Rodgers again?  How many years has he done the off-season program?

Yah, I don't think he's "checked out".  About the only thing I "worry" about is his legs.  If he's hitting leg day, the arm is elite, and  the brain understands football.  If he's at camp, he will be ready to light it up on week one, for whomever he plays for.

But if he's skipping leg day....well....then things get sideways.