Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

14 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Rodgers did the right thing forcing MM out.  He could see it was a problem, murphy wasn't willing to pull the trigger.

I'm with that. I'm glad he's gone. I just it hadn't had to go down like it did. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I don’t ever do this and don’t expect y’all to take this with anything other then a grain of salt. However, a coworker of mines family is in the front office (he won’t state at which position but did say it’s a lower position within that front office) and he said what is trickling down to them is that Aaron Rodgers main priority in all of this is Gute getting fired. 

I just like you guys, will also be taking this with a grain of salt but considering the rumored contract offered to him that was turned down, wouldn’t be all that surprised to find out this is true. 

I heard it differently at 31 Flavors a few nights ago.  neighbors' meth dealing son-in-law was at a "gathering" of some folks and heard that Rodgers wants the team moved to California and is going to hold out until he gets his way.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I heard it differently at 31 Flavors a few nights ago.  neighbors' meth dealing son-in-law was at a "gathering" of some folks and heard that Rodgers wants the team moved to California and is going to hold out until he gets his way.

52 minutes ago, squire12 said:

As I said I’m taking it with a grain of salt myself but figured I’d post it regardless. Don’t know the guy he’s referencing personally and I rolled my eyes when I heard it too. 

Then I look back and you look at all the media hype about the Krause text, Aaron Rodgers declining their contract efforts, the continuous trashing on the Love pick, no communication regarding it, letting Kumerow walk etc and it certainly has that look. 

whether true or not I don’t know and I’m certainly not going to sit here and scream from the roof top this is fact because it is absolutely hearsay and that holds about as much weight as Joe Arrigo but for the sake of conversation it was posted 

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

I don’t ever do this and don’t expect y’all to take this with anything other then a grain of salt. However, a coworker of mines family is in the front office (he won’t state at which position but did say it’s a lower position within that front office) and he said what is trickling down to them is that Aaron Rodgers main priority in all of this is Gute getting fired.

As I said some time back when it was first reported/rumored that a condition of his coming back was Gute getting canned - IF - he in fact holds such a position, it's his way of saying "I'm not coming back" - cause (IMO at least.....) there's no way in hell he's getting Gute fired.  There's absolutely no cause and it simply cant happen - which I suspect AR knows - so (again....) if he's holding to that.........

1 minute ago, Leader said:

As I said some time back when it was first reported/rumored that a condition of his coming back was Gute getting canned - IF - he in fact holds such a position, it's his way of saying "I'm not coming back" - cause (IMO at least.....) there's no way in hell he's getting Gute fired.  There's absolutely no cause and it simply cant happen - which I suspect AR knows - so (again....) if he's holding to that.........

Yeah for sure if that’s what he’s hold it to it’s definitely his way of saying “I’m done in Green Bay” without saying “I’m done in Green Bay” if it is at all true. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

So what would you have in mind? I kinda liked the trade with Denver that included 3 first-round picks, a 2nd, Bradley, and Bradley Chubb.

I think it's more of a reality than some of us are willing to admit. Then you have to consider the possibility of Adams testing UFA after next year; does that cap hit really hurt that much at that point?

The problem with this is that Bradley Chubb is going to need to be paid sooner or later. He will be on his 5th year in 2022 when we will have next to no cap room. 

If we are going to trade Rodgers, I would make it picks only and try and start cleaning up the cap. Its unlikely we will win a title in 21 with Love so if possible would try and do it before June and take the hit now. We probably need to cut Lowry and maybe some more to get under the cap but you just have to do it, accept 21 isn't going to be a very good year and rebuild in 22 with a lot of picks and a cap that looks much cleaner than would otherwise be the case.

I hate the idea of a post June trade and chucking another 20m into next year amongst all the other dead money we are accumulating for next year - its one thing kicking the cap hits and sacrificing the future for now when you are going all in.  But doing it when you are going with a raw QB it just seems terrible roster management. 

I expect Adams to leave next year and there is a good chance Z is cut as well.  Pretty much everything I have seen suggests the cap situation is very bad indeed next year.  Maybe if Rodgers retired and you get that 20m or so back, there's more room to manoevre.

That's why I still think the front office have no intention of trading Rodgers unless they have been truly blindsided.  All the stuff like using all the void years to bring back various players - they just don't make any sense if you are going to trade Rodgers. Maybe they thought it would all blow over or they were  trying to appease him.  

20 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Yeah for sure if that’s what he’s hold it to it’s definitely his way of saying “I’m done in Green Bay” without saying “I’m done in Green Bay” if it is at all true. 

Let him go public with that one.

Gute's not running things like Bill O'Brien.

There's no cause or justification for firing Gute.

Just trade him and start fresh. If he doesn't want to be here, he's proven he's not above sandbagging it to get what he wants. Don't even let him do that and drive his value down. You lock him into a security type deal, he's also going to get content and we've seen how he plays when he's content. He knows his best shot at a Super Bowl is here so he's obviously not in it for rings. He's in it to get what he wants and nothing more. Let him go to Denver and try to win there having to go through Patrick Mahomes 3 times. He couldn't even get passed Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick ffs.

I am and always will be an Aaron Rodgers, the player, fan, but I'm at my wits end with him. Move on to #10 and let's ride. 

IG(ute)WT

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Let him go public with that one.

Gute's not running things like Bill O'Brien.

There's no cause or justification for firing Gute.

That's never gonna happen. Tonight will be interesting, but I assume a tidy, vague statement has been prepared and Mayne will have some softball questions that were pre-approved by Rodgers. It may look and sound like an interview, but no way it'll be legit IMO.

Edited by cannondale

23 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

If we are going to trade Rodgers, I would make it picks only and try and start cleaning up the cap. Its unlikely we will win a title in 21 with Love so if possible would try and do it before June and take the hit now.

It makes zero difference on the 2022 cap space whether Rodgers is traded pre-June-1st or post. They can roll his 2021 cap savings over to 2022. The total dead money is the same either way. 

23 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

He will be on his 5th year in 2022 when we will have next to no cap room. 

GB could probably find the needed space for Chubb’s 2022 cap hit. The Rodgers savings cuts heavily into the deficit, & the P.Smith/Lowry/Turner cuts should be sufficient to do the rest. 

They might even be able to squeeze an Adams extension, if they get more space by reducing the Alexander & Chubb 2022 hits via extensions. And trade or extend Z.Smith. 

but I figure a Rodgers exit might make it tough to lure back Adams, so if they decide to trade Rodgers, it might be best to see if Adams could be traded this year & take our lumps in 2021. Then you could combine the savings from the above extensions with the 13.1m savings from Adams to fill other holes in 2022 and extend Tonyan or MVS if desired.

• Like 1