Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

33 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just trade him and start fresh. If he doesn't want to be here, he's proven he's not above sandbagging it to get what he wants. Don't even let him do that and drive his value down. You lock him into a security type deal, he's also going to get content and we've seen how he plays when he's content. He knows his best shot at a Super Bowl is here so he's obviously not in it for rings. He's in it to get what he wants and nothing more. Let him go to Denver and try to win there having to go through Patrick Mahomes 3 times. He couldn't even get passed Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick ffs.

I am and always will be an Aaron Rodgers, the player, fan, but I'm at my wits end with him. Move on to #10 and let's ride. 

IG(ute)WT

Yea, but Bortles is No. 9, not 10. 

29 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's never gonna happen. Tonight will be interesting, but I assume a tidy, vague statement has been prepared and Mayne will have some softball questions that were pre-approved by Rodgers. It may look and sound like an interview, but no way it'll be legit IMO.

Of course not; it’s Kenny Mayne lol. 

28 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's never gonna happen.

Oh - I agree entirely. That would be beyond the bounds IMO. Whatever one might think of GBs securing SB rings - its definitely one of the better run organizations - for some time.

AR alone didnt get us into all those playoff games. Sorry AR - it wasnt all because of you.

IF he went public with such a claim - he (rightfully IMO....) should become the laughingstock of the media. Wouldnt get played that way by alot of them - but the rational ones (and not the bootlickers) would acknowledge the results of the FO efforts.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I guess, but i don't view it through any negative lens, as you seem to be.  More like self-interested 

Selfish vs Teamish

The front office is "Teamish". Team first. Not Brian gutekunst/Murphy/ball first. Although it likely is the case that their profiles/lives/interests are improved as the team succeeds, too.

It's very different than a single player looking out for themselves. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Touche'

It's been forever since I've watched anything other than games on espn.

It’s impossible to watch it these days with the constant Rodgers talk.  I only watch ESPN for the NBA and then it’ll be no ESPN until CFB kicks off.  

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Selfish vs Teamish

The front office is "Teamish". Team first. Not Brian gutekunst/Murphy/ball first. Although it likely is the case that their profiles/lives/interests are improved as the team succeeds, too.

It's very different than a single player looking out for themselves. 

"ICC? I'd like to report some tortured logic..."

All the various entities are making moves to increase the probability of continued employment in their current positions. But somehow their motivations are qualitatively different?  

You might want to stick with "Rodgers hates Gute" or whatever. As a basis for the Rodgers bash-fest, you're non-distinction distinction don't hunt.

I think the difference is the Packers have no ill intention. Rodgers is under contract for 3 more years and they like the flexibility that huge signing bonus gives them to decide year by year.

Rodgers in the other hand wants to change terms of the deal and seems unconcerned about the collateral damage to the Packers or his teammates that could cause. 

25 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

"ICC? I'd like to report some tortured logic..."

All the various entities are making moves to increase the probability of continued employment in their current positions. But somehow their motivations are qualitatively different?  

You might want to stick with "Rodgers hates Gute" or whatever. As a basis for the Rodgers bash-fest, you're non-distinction distinction don't hunt.

good try :)

but there's a lot wrong here:

(1) You are incorrect in stating that all parties are making moves to increase the probability of staying employed where they are. Rodgers is, in fact, lobbying to be terminated from his current position.

(2) Assuming Rodgers even WAS making moves to stay in GB, his personal motivations are one player centric. The motivations of the GM, president, coach, etc. are inherently TEAM first because they are gauged on TEAM success, not individual success. This should be extremely apparent, logically.

You not understanding the logic does not mean it does not exist. It's there, dig for it if you need to!

• Like 2

Julio was the sound of a guy clearly wanting out, Rodgers seems like a guy who wants everyone to know he is mad at Murphy/Ball/Gutey so when they give him a new deal, he comes out looking like a guy who got the Packers FO to kiss his *** for 3 months. Seems petty but that's always been his thing.

• Like 2