Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sorry, you don't have evidence on your side to support your opinion.

Drafting Jenkins, Meyer, Dillon, a blocking TE in Degaura, resigning Jones.   Plans to transition Rodgers, MLFs desire to run the ball.  I think its pretty clear what they are looking to do.

11 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Drafting Jenkins, Meyer, Dillon, a blocking TE in Degaura, resigning Jones.   Plans to transition Rodgers, MLFs desire to run the ball.  I think its pretty clear what they are looking to do.

Does this somehow relate to Adams' production being dependent on Rodgers in your mind?

That was the original argument/point. I'm not sure how offensive strategy relates to that.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'd say that Tannehill is a JAG.  Getting paid 29.5M average in this offense.  I mean he's doing well there, because of the scheme.

Goff was a Jag who went to a Super Bowl in this offense, when his coach was basically using him like an X-box controller.

Rodgers was fine in 2019, but nothing overly special.  Won 13 games.

There will be life after Rodgers, whenever that time comes.

Tannehill is a Jag? lol  

Adams knows if Rodgers get traded his numbers is going to take a hit and that will hurt him getting top dollar in free agency. Its highly unlikely he will maintain his level of production with a rookie QB, in fact LaFleur is likely to run the ball more in this scenario.

So it would not surprise me if Adams is angling for a new contract before Rodgers is traded and is willing to risk losing his $500k workout bonus to do it. This is the only leverage he has right now.

If he doesn't get his new contract before Rodgers is traded he will face losing alot of leverage heading into free agency.

Essentially this means we have both Rodgers and Adams holding out right now.

As for the rest of the WRs, I don't know whats going on there. Alot of them are in contract years and it is in their best interests to get into camp and do everything possible to ensure they produce their best ever season heading into Free Agency. If they're absent then i'm sure they have legitimate reasons for doing so.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

As for the rest of the WRs, I don't know whats going on there. Alot of them are in contract years and it is in their best interests to get into camp and do everything possible to ensure they produce their best ever season heading into Free Agency. If they're absent then i'm sure they have legitimate reasons for doing so.

When the mandatory workouts begin - I bet they'll show up. Not concerned.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Does this somehow relate to Adams' production being dependent on Rodgers in your mind?

That was the original argument/point. I'm not sure how offensive strategy relates to that.

Its MLFs philosophy.  When Rodgers leaves the playcalling will change more to a running game.  They've been building for that since MLF got there.   If Rodgers stays, you might see some of the same stuff you're seeing now.  If Rodgers leaves,, Adams dip in production will be a combination of Loves lack of experience (hes not Rodgers, and the chemistry with Adams won't be as strong) and more of a ground game attack with Dillon/Jones.  

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Its MLFs philosophy.  When Rodgers leaves the playcalling will change more to a running game.  They've been building for that since MLF got there.   If Rodgers stays, you might see some of the same stuff you're seeing now.  If Rodgers leaves,, Adams dip in production will be a combination of Loves lack of experience (hes not Rodgers, and the chemistry with Adams won't be as strong) and more of a ground game attack with Dillon/Jones.  

Why didn't Adams' production drop with Hundley at QB?

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Why didn't Adams' production drop with Hundley at QB?

Hundley was in the McCarthy era, different approach.  MLF wants to run the ball.  Its not a knock on Adams or Love.  If you are running the ball, you aren't passing as much.  It doesn't mean Adams stops making plays, it means he's not the focal point of the offense.  A big part of it, just not what he is now.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Hundley was in the McCarthy era, different approach.  MLF wants to run the ball.  Its not a knock on Adams or Love.  If you are running the ball, you aren't passing as much.  It doesn't mean Adams stops making plays, it means he's not the focal point of the offense.  A big part of it, just not what he is now.

Then why didn't Adams' production drop with MLF as a coach? He literally just had his best year ever in this scheme.

I think, at this point, we should just acknowledge that Adams' production is definitively NOT dependent on Aaron Rodgers AND that his production is not hindered at all by MLF or his scheme.

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He’s been borderline top 5 for long stretches recently. Definitely a rare case of guy putting it together late. 

...top 5 compared to who?

I'd say Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson, Brady, Wilson, Watson, and Allen are all above him. Then you could argue Herbert and Stafford.

Tannehill is certainly better than JAG and is in the top half of starters in the league, but top 5?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Adams could still see similar numbers if Love has a ceiling higher than Mariota. Corey Davis saw 112 targets during the 2018 season...and that was with the Mariota/Gabbert led-offense. You'd think a more talented GB offense will see a higher volume of plays/passes than that.

Edited by Striker