Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

11 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He’s been borderline top 5 for long stretches recently. Definitely a rare case of guy putting it together late. 

I couldnt tell you anything about his statistical ranking - but top 5 feels like a bit much.
Borderline top 10 - 12 - 15(?) sounds more like it.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Then why didn't Adams' production drop with MLF as a coach? He literally just had his best year ever in this scheme.

I think, at this point, we should just acknowledge that Adams' production is definitively NOT dependent on Aaron Rodgers AND that his production is not hindered at all by MLF or his scheme.

The fact that Rodgers is the QB has a lot to do with Adams production.  We are passing BECAUSE of Rodgers.  

That changes when/if Love starts.  We will go to primarily a running game as MLF wants.  The focal point will be Dillon/Jones.  Adams will still be the go to guy in the passing game, just not as much. Therefore his numbers dip.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The fact that Rodgers is the QB has a lot to do with Adams production.  We are passing BECAUSE of Rodgers.  That changes when/if Love starts.  We will go to primarily a running game as MLF wants.  The focal point will be Dillon/Jones.  Adams will still be the go to guy in the passing game, just not as much. Therefore his numbers dip.

I'm sure they'll be a dip from AR to Love - but without seeing anything of Love yet, I cant gauge how big that will be. Some folks on this board feel he's got ARs arm. How he works his progressions and such......time and experience will tell the tale.

Edited by Leader

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I couldnt tell you anything about his statistical ranking - but top 5 feels like a bit much.
Borderline top 10 - 12 - 15(?) sounds more like it.

Many forget the guy wasn't too long ago a legit MVP candidate during the 2019 season. I'd say overall he's closer to 12 than 5 but his peak play has shown to be really high.

Edited by Rodjahs12

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Many forget the guy wasn't too long ago a legit MVP candidate during the 2019 season. I'd say overall he's closer to 12 than 5 but his peak play has shown to be really high.

Oh I like the guy and dont hold his MIA experiences against him. It was a poorly run organization at the time and the roster / coaching staff reflected it IMO.

We threw the ball 5 more times per game last year with Rodgers than MLF did in his first year with Mariota/Titans. Titans also had much, much worse personnel. There's nothing definitive about what MLF does that says "we only throw because of Rodgers." 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

I've seen this more than once. Rodgers can't win a SB playing at an MVP level, but it's ok if Love just runs the offense ?

Would seem rather naïve to expect more....Wasn't much happening in SF after Joe Montana and Steve Young left....

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

The fact that Rodgers is the QB has a lot to do with Adams production.  We are passing BECAUSE of Rodgers.  

That changes when/if Love starts.  We will go to primarily a running game as MLF wants.  The focal point will be Dillon/Jones.  Adams will still be the go to guy in the passing game, just not as much. Therefore his numbers dip.

MLF's offense in 2017 rams ranked 9th in run ratio. He was 2nd in 2018 with TEN. GB was 7th last year. 

He ran more with Rodgers in his MVP season than with Jared Goff in his rookie season.

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

MLF's offense in 2017 rams ranked 9th in run ratio. He was 2nd in 2018 with TEN. GB was 7th last year. 

He ran more with Rodgers in his MVP season than with Jared Goff in his rookie season.

He wasn't the playcaller in LA.  Gets to Tenn where he calls plays and is 2nd.  

Gets to GB with Rodgers passing ability and goes to 7th.  

Take Rodgers out by retirement/trade and they'll be running just like in Tenn.  

6 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

How many more times per game would they have to rush for Adams to see an attributable and significant decline in production?

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think LaFleur got a bad break in Tennessee.  Mariota was never healthy and had two different nerve injuries that season.  He couldn't throw the ball down the field.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think LaFleur got a bad break in Tennessee.  Mariota was never healthy and had two different nerve injuries that season.  He couldn't throw the ball down the field.  

They were going with Derrick Henry whether Mariota could throw or not.  Its not like the Packers arent going to throw at all.  There's still going to be 3rd and long plays, mix in some play action.  Mix in some throws to keep teams honest.  By running you keep Love from getting hit, and it sets up play action which helps open up his reads. The kid is still learning.  You aren't going to put him out there and throw 40 times a game.  Now, with Rodgers you can do that, but not with the kid.  

AJ Dillon is going to be Loves best friend in time.

Edited by NFLGURU

3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

They were going with Derrick Henry whether Mariota could throw or not.  Its not like the Packers arent going to throw at all.  There's still going to be 3rd and long plays, mix in some play action.  Mix in some throws to keep teams honest.  By running you keep Love from getting hit, and it sets up play action which helps open up his reads. The kid is still learning.  You aren't going to put him out there and throw 40 times a game.  Now, with Rodgers you can do that, but not with the kid.  

AJ Dillon is going to be Loves best friend in time.

Dude what? LaFleur was heavily criticized for not doing the bolded.