Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

30 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I was of the opinion that GB would eventually cave and give AR12 a new 3-year guaranteed deal or something of that nature, but after seeing the video of him singing the lead track on Taylor Swift's Folklore on Miles Teller's wife's instagram, I've never been more certain that he's gone gone. 

Unpopular opinion incoming.

Not for nothing but, from someone who dislikes her personally and was very dismissive of most of her work, that's a d@mn great album. Co written and produced by Aaron Dessner of The National and Jack Antonoff of Fun. and Bleachers fame. Easily the best album she's ever made and would have been a star making, critical, and commercial success if it had been released by Jane Doe. 

15 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Not for nothing but, from someone who dislikes her personally and was very dismissive of most of her work, that's a d@mn great album. Co written and produced by Aaron Dessner of The National and Jack Antonoff of Fun. and Bleachers fame. Easily the best album she's ever made and would have been a star making, critical, and commercial success if it had been released by Jane Doe. 

Oh I know. I love the National. That whole project rules. I just take QB1 trying to belt out tunes from it as a sign that he’s flown the coop. He’s leavin’ out the side door, as it were.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

All Aaron Rodgers has to do in Denver to get to a Super Bowl is get past Herbert twice, Mahomes at least twice, maybe The Ravens and Jackson and maybe Josh Allen.

In the NFC...Brady?

Just from looking at QB's, the easiest way to get there is through the NFC.

At a very high level, I don't think Rodgers even wins that division in the next 3-4 years as long as Mahomes is healthy.

You are not incorrect about the AFCW being a gauntlet because of Kansas City.   I guess I don't think Denver is that far away if you add a MVP caliber QB.  They've pretty easily got the second most talented roster in that division and might have one of the top 5-7 rosters in the entire league from the top to the bottom.  

My view is based partially on Elway.  He's shown that he doesn't care about the cost of having a couple bad years if the reward is playing in a Super Bowl.  I'm also basing this off the fact that I've never really liked Aaron Rodgers chances of being a Packer past 2021. 

20 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I knew you were trouble when you walked in.

Having anything to do with the band Fun. makes it suck*.

[edit] *not suck in the way that Primus and KMFDM suck.  Suck like ****ty music like Dave Matthews, or Hootie and the Blowfish

Edited by ThatJerkDave

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

[edit] *not suck in the way that Primus and KMFDM suck.  Suck like ****ty music like Dave Matthews, or Hootie and the Blowfish

Dave Matthews and Hootie? That means it’s perfect for QB1

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

You are not incorrect about the AFCW being a gauntlet because of Kansas City.   I guess I don't think Denver is that far away if you add a MVP caliber QB.  They've pretty easily got the second most talented roster in that division and might have one of the top 5-7 rosters in the entire league from the top to the bottom.  

My view is based partially on Elway.  He's shown that he doesn't care about the cost of having a couple bad years if the reward is playing in a Super Bowl.  I'm also basing this off the fact that I've never really liked Aaron Rodgers chances of being a Packer past 2021. 

Remove two young, good players from that roster.  Take away at least 2 first round picks, and a second round pick.  Maybe more.  Let's just say, Chubb and Jeudy.

Now compare that roster to the rest of the AFC, with Rodgers.  Remember that Rodgers takes time to "click" with a WR.  Also remember, Rodgers would be highly motivated.  (just to be fair)

Does that change anything concerning the Broncos?  I mean it isn't as simple as just putting Rodgers on the Broncos team, you gotta look at what is left after the trade happens.  Pretty different than Peyton going there as a free agent.

2 1's, a 2, and two starting quality young players?   Do you really think we can get that much?  If so, this is a no brainer.  I don't really care for Chubb though.  2 1's, a 2, Jeudy and Surtain.  Throw in Browning.  I would also be willing to part with King.  

I think that's a haul.   I think it more likely if it is Denver they won't want to give up offensive pieces.  

2 1's, 2 2's, Surtain and Browning would really be beautiful thing.......

28 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We agree on a lot of stuff but music isn't always one of them. I'm super into the sad bastard stuff and super catchy pop. Fun. is a perfect blend. Nate Ruess is a charming, depressed, pretentious, drunk, hopeless romantic who hates the world and himself at times. That sorta stuff speaks to me. Jack is just a master of pop songwriting. Aim and Ignite would absolutely be on the nominee list for my favorite album of all time. 

I hate pop.  Techno poppish like Rush is great because of all else they bring.  But todays pop really sucks, and I'm not an old guy.  I like the older stuff.  I don't know how you'd place Muse but I greatly respect the talent and innovation.  But I like the old grunge, Chris Cornell with Soundgarden and Audioslave, Pearl Jam, Alice.  Big Metallica fan.  Saliva and even Rob Zombie if working out.  At the same time I'm all in for Mumford on the flip side.  Really can't stand todays pop sound, any of it.  At the same time Black Keyes are easy listening and all for it.  Oh yeah, wrong thread..

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

All Aaron Rodgers has to do in Denver to get to a Super Bowl is get past Herbert twice, Mahomes at least twice, maybe The Ravens and Jackson and maybe Josh Allen.

In the NFC...Brady?

Just from looking at QB's, the easiest way to get there is through the NFC.

At a very high level, I don't think Rodgers even wins that division in the next 3-4 years as long as Mahomes is healthy.

I think a Denver team with Rodgers is certainly in the mix for the division and AFC championship.   That is why I want young players....from the defense more than draft picks

According to the media Rodgers is out in the world living his best life. 

what about us? The fans? We are left in the dust. Nobody cares about us. We’re like the gay roommate that Rodgers forsake all those years ago.