Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

27 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The Packers front office would be foolish to not trade Rodgers if he wasn't going to play for us on our terms IF an equitable trade was at hand.  For a great bounty.  An AFC team, with Denver and LAV the most likely candidates.  I would ask for 2 1's, 2 2's, Surtain and Jeudy from Denver.  Settle for a bit less.

You're going to be disappointed when the actual return is a fraction of that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

You're going to be disappointed when the actual return is a fraction of that.

If that would be the case it is epic fail for the front office.  I expect less, but not near a fraction.

If we don't get clear value +, Rodg can play for us or retire.  Period.

27 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Anybody else think Rodgers' beef might be with Murphy?  I would not lose any sleep if we canned Murphy whether or not Rodgers is traded.  The buck ultimately stops with him.

Idk where, after all my **** posting but there was a decently long back and forth about it being Murphy a while back

38 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Anybody else think Rodgers' beef might be with Murphy?  I would not lose any sleep if we canned Murphy whether or not Rodgers is traded.  The buck ultimately stops with him.

Give me a break. There has to be cause. So - tell me why (either) Murphy or Gute should be fired - and - it cant be because AR wants it. Thats off the list.

On second thought.......dont bother. A non-issue IMO.

Edited by Leader

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Give me a break. There has to be cause.

So - tell me why (either) Murphy or Gute should be fired - and - it cant be because AR wants it. Thats off the list.

The cause sure seems to be some kind of (personal?) conflict between Rodgers and someone in the FO.  I don't think it's with Gute and it's certainly not MLF.   I'm just speculating but tbh I've never been a fan of Murphy.  I'd be perfectly fine within we moved on from both Rodgers and Murphy.

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

Murphy does seem like a dweeb so I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left. Let him go be the President of Titletown next door.

47 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The cause sure seems to be some kind of (personal?) conflict between Rodgers and someone in the FO.  I don't think it's with Gute and it's certainly not MLF.   I'm just speculating but tbh I've never been a fan of Murphy.  I'd be perfectly fine within we moved on from both Rodgers and Murphy.

Maybe it's no beef at all with FO personal....I think Rodgers figures his time in GB has run it's course....Every thing he wanted last season came to fruition and still no championship....San Francisco is a certainty to compete after last year's run of injuries....The Rams could be much improved with Stafford and TB is sure to be even better....Washington can be scary if they can field a competitive offense....Even if Rodgers continues his MVP level of play, will it be enough?....GB could find themselves out of the SB championship discussion this season...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

No, I absolutely think it’s more Murphy than Gutey too. Though I do think he has some differences with Gutey, I do not think he wants him fired.

1. Saying it’s about the “culture” and “philosophy” and losing sight of the “people” doesn’t sound like a criticism of the GM in a siloed power structure where Murphy is at the top and everyone reports to him. In a structure like GB’s, the “culture” doesn’t come from the GM. At least not entirely. He’s criticizing the business of the Packers. That’s Murphy. 

2. We know he’s not a Russ Ball fan. We know Mark Murphy is a Russ Ball fan (almost made him GM until McCarthy and Rodgers threw a stink). Ball is considered a silo of the power structure. Where he ends and Gute begins, when it comes to contracts, I almost don’t know. That’s 2 guys in the front office that I feel fairly certain Rodgers thinks less of than Gute. Rodgers has talked about how he’s had “good/productive conversations” with Gute. I don’t think, unless I’m misremembering, that I’ve ever heard him say a nice thing about Murphy. Certainly never Ball.

3. Murphy has said in pressers before that any differences between Head Coach, GM, and Russ Ball would be worked out by Murphy. They all report to him. It is not unreasonable to think that any decision as monumental as what to do with your most expensive most important player would come down to Murphy. 

4. Circumstantial, but if Murphy really did tell Rodgers “don’t be the problem” with the new coaching hire, that is likely something AR12 will never forget and probably won’t forgive. If true, that is the biggest screaming arrow pointing towards “they forgot about people” - I imagine Rodgers thinks that’s a terrible thing to say to your star player. 

Like I said, I’m sure there’s moves that Gute has made or didn’t make that Rodgers isn’t a fan of, but if he’s serious when he says it’s a PHILOSOPHICAL problem in Green Bay, that begs the listener to look all the way to Mark Murphy at the top. 

• Like 1