Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Anybody else think Rodgers' beef might be with Murphy?  I would not lose any sleep if we canned Murphy whether or not Rodgers is traded.  The buck ultimately stops with him.

I imagine Rodgers probably sees Murphy/Ball/Gute as one entity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Could easily be the case, as well. And even if it’s more Murphy than Gute, it might be immaterial to any resolution. 

Watching this in retrospect, Greg Cosell nailed it. He talks about the tape, the decling play of Rodgers. He thought the time line for Love to start would be a year unless Rodgers got to the Super Bowl. Very interesting to watch this again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Watching this in retrospect, Greg Cosell nailed it. He talks about the tape, the decling play of Rodgers. He thought the time line for Love to start would be a year unless Rodgers got to the Super Bowl. Very interesting to watch this again.

As I've said,, While the focus is on the front office, I think MLF had a bigger role in the drafting of Love than is being portrayed.  Cosell hits it spot on.    Whether Love is the right choice is another matter. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

As I've said,, While the focus is on the front office, I think MLF had a bigger role in the drafting of Love than is being portrayed.  Cosell hits it spot on.    Whether Love is the right choice is another matter. 

Interesting that Cosell notes that the timeframe for Love to take over is one year, UNLESS the Packers get into the Super Bowl.   And Cosell was right, if you watch the tape from two years ago, Rodgers likes to act outside of the play design. LeFleur and Gute probably questioned whether Rodgers could be more of a system quarterback (which is hard for someone of his unique talents).  Therefore, the Love draft pick.  And frankly, Love's tape show talent that can be developed given he applies himself and gets good coaching.  I personally liked the pick.

Rodgers has it in his head (or was told by someone), that he thought the team agreed to trade him after last year (Love's one year).  I wonder where he got that notion from?   Was it from LeFleur...I doubt it as I think he seems to know his place.  Was it Gute..maybe...but a smart GM usually knows to hold his/her cards closely to their vest.  Was it Thompson...humm...maybe, he was the one communicating to Rodgers before McCarthy got sacked.  Plus with the restructured organization chart, all roads lead to or report to Murphy.  Finally, was it Rodgers, maybe he just read the tea leaves and made that determination.  Somehow, someway, I think this is the crux of Rodgers "its about the people" problem.  He believes the "people" he is questioning told him or lead him to believe he was going to get traded...."the beautiful mystery" of where he was going to play next year.

Can this be healed....I doubt it.  Its seems like once Rodgers spurns someone that is it for them.  Eventually his truth will be told as to who or how he got this notion.  But I think he will be playing for someone else by then.  I just wonder if the news will come out as to whether it came from Gute or Murphy....maybe both.  If so, he has every reason to be pissed off.

28 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Interesting that Cosell notes that the timeframe for Love to take over is one year, UNLESS the Packers get into the Super Bowl.   And Cosell was right, if you watch the tape from two years ago, Rodgers likes to act outside of the play design. LeFleur and Gute probably questioned whether Rodgers could be more of a system quarterback (which is hard for someone of his unique talents).  Therefore, the Love draft pick.  And frankly, Love's tape show talent that can be developed given he applies himself and gets good coaching.  I personally liked the pick.

Rodgers has it in his head (or was told by someone), that he thought the team agreed to trade him after last year (Love's one year).  I wonder where he got that notion from?   Was it from LeFleur...I doubt it as I think he seems to know his place.  Was it Gute..maybe...but a smart GM usually knows to hold his/her cards closely to their vest.  Was it Thompson...humm...maybe, he was the one communicating to Rodgers before McCarthy got sacked.  Plus with the restructured organization chart, all roads lead to or report to Murphy.  Finally, was it Rodgers, maybe he just read the tea leaves and made that determination.  Somehow, someway, I think this is the crux of Rodgers "its about the people" problem.  He believes the "people" he is questioning told him or lead him to believe he was going to get traded...."the beautiful mystery" of where he was going to play next year.

Can this be healed....I doubt it.  Its seems like once Rodgers spurns someone that is it for them.  Eventually his truth will be told as to who or how he got this notion.  But I think he will be playing for someone else by then.  I just wonder if the news will come out as to whether it came from Gute or Murphy....maybe both.  If so, he has every reason to be pissed off.

I'm not sure who, if anyone told Rodgers he would be traded.  After the TB game Rodgers was expressing concern about his future, his teammates future and wasnt sure what would happen to the team going forward..  Murphy stated a day or two after the TB loss.  "We're not idiots, Aaron Rodgers will be back".  MLF said after the game.  "I sure hope he's back, he's our leader".    

If Murphy is saying that after the TB loss , I can't imagine Gute would tell him he'd be traded?

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I haven't seen anything FROM THE PACKERS even an inkling of trading Aaron Rodgers.  

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm not sure who, if anyone told Rodgers he would be traded.

For years people have recognized and been saying that its financially possible for the Packers to move on from him after the 2021 season. Thats it.

Nobody from the GB FO has said anything about trading him. 

AR recognizes the obvious and is using his MVP season as leverage to press for greater guarantees / commitment from the organization that he wont get moved - or - he's trying to force his way out.

Personally, I think it's more the former than the latter.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

For years people have recognized and been saying that its financially possible for the Packers to move on from him after the 2021 season. Thats it.

Nobody from the GB FO has said anything about trading him. 

AR recognizes the obvious and is using his MVP season as leverage to press for greater guarantees / commitment from the organization that he wont get moved - or - he's trying to force his way out.

Personally, I think it's more the former than the latter.

Agreed. Some people close to him said it can be worked out, and him obviously not saying anything concrete allows him to roll things back once they do come to a deal. I still don't think he reports to camp. This will burn on throughout the summer.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Time to grow up then.

If only it was that easy, as we fans are the ones who created this monster....Being that he has been considered a candidate to host a gameshow, believes he the hottest commodity to potentially enter the market, and has enough money to retire....He figures he holds all the cards....The advantage we have is, it's doubtful he will retire when he figures he still has something left in the tank...

12 hours ago, mightybk said:

Well, with AR and Tae not showing up for OTAs, that's $1 million of LTBE bonuses that we'll get credit for on the '22 cap

There ya go.  AR making financial sacrifices to help GB's cap situation.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 4:25 AM, Brit Pack said:

They both talk about how the QB is supposed to hit receivers "on the run"....correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that one of Aaron's greatest strengths?

On 5/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

don't forget the quiet, backroom executive committee to whom Murphy answers and represents...

On 5/28/2021 at 10:14 AM, vegas492 said:

In the for what it's worth category, I saw the Hawaii pictures.  Aaron Rodgers looks like their father.  Dude is having himself somewhat of a mid life crisis here.  It's creepy.

Huh? Rodgers is like 3 years older 

On 5/29/2021 at 3:25 AM, Brit Pack said:

The timeline was always going to be roughly 2 years before he was going to start for GB as long as the COVID concerns were there last year.  Remember, this was a kid who had minimal TC reps to begin with and no preseason to speak.  Even if those were reps against third stringers who likely weren't going to be on the 53 man roster at any point this past season, those are valuable reps to be had.  I'd hardly call it a lost season, but this is more similar to a player sitting out his final season in college to prepare for the NFL rather than a true rookie season IMO.

• Like 1