Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I've seen more pictures of Rodgers vacation than I've seen of mine.  No coincidence here on why he's posting pictures and doing it during camp.   

Couldnt care less. He's entitled to a vacation and honestly his presence at OTAs isnt necessary.

This is a straight contract play and the only one affected by his social media posts are the fans - and the media which plays back those pics at them like its reverb.

The decision makers in the FO arent affected by social media.

I'd be interested to know the terms of the contract offer they made him - which he rejected. Thats what matters and is the basis for moving forward - far more than pics of AR and his buds hanging out at the beach.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Couldnt care less. He's entitled to a vacation and honestly his presence at OTAs isnt necessary.

This is a straight contract play and the only one affected by his social media posts are the fans - and the media which plays back those pics at them like its reverb.

The decision makers in the FO arent affected by social media.

I'd be interested to know the terms of the contract offer they made him - which he rejected. Thats what matters and is the basis for moving forward - far more than pics of AR and his buds hanging out at the beach.

I think we learned very early on that the contract terms weren't rejected.  At that point, the Packers were rejected

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

I think we learned very early on that the contract terms weren't rejected.  At that point, the Packers were rejected

Really? What did we learn early on which indicated that?

The "I'm not returning to Green Bay" comment that nobody's actually claimed?

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

It was reported very early on that the Packers wanted to re-structure his deal and Rodgers wanted to do more than that. The Packers balked. By the time they came around to the idea Rodgers told them to get bent.

Yes, although the exact details here matter.  If Rodgers wanted a specific guarantee (years) or structure the packers didn’t meet, that could also be the reason he declined.  It’s been widely reported that Dunn and the Packers are still talking extension. 

9 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Yes, although the exact details here matter.  If Rodgers wanted a specific guarantee (years) or structure the packers didn’t meet, that could also be the reason he declined.  It’s been widely reported that Dunn and the Packers are still talking extension. 

My understanding was that it was a universal "get bent" and the contract details didn't matter. Whether things have calmed to a point of rational talks, I guess that's the million dollar question. It doesn't seem so to me

32 minutes ago, cannondale said:

My understanding was that it was a universal "get bent" and the contract details didn't matter. Whether things have calmed to a point of rational talks, I guess that's the million dollar question. It doesn't seem so to me

The reality is we don't really know what's going on. Doesn't make for great forum conversation but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

It was reported very early on that the Packers wanted to re-structure his deal and Rodgers wanted to do more than that. The Packers balked. By the time they came around to the idea Rodgers told them to get bent.

The Locked on GB podcast or some insider guest there on said the issue was this:  His agent went to brass after season and said, “Hey, we just had MVP year let’s lock him up with a new contract and let him retire in GB.”

Packers said, “Nah, were good with status quo, but thanks for asking.”

Rodgers was so offended by that response he said, “Later, never coming back.”  And has entertained nothing since even though things have been offered.  

Edited by dll2000
Typo

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The Locked on GB podcast or some insider guest there on said the issue was this:  His agent went to brass after season and said, “Hey, we just had MVP year let’s lock him up with a new contract and let him retire in GB.”

Rodgers was so offended by that response he said, “Later, never coming back.”  And has entertained nothing since even though things have been offered.  

I would seriously doubt the Packers response would have been 'we are good'. If it really was, that would be a pretty crappy response, simply because Rodgers has been around long enough for them to realize how sensitive he can be about those type of things. Its not like his reaction was something that totally shocked a lot of GB fans.

And at the end of the day, if that is how the Packers did respond, I can totally understand where Rodgers reaction is coming from. I, like a lot of others, just want this to be over. If Rodgers comes back, great. If not, we hopefully trade him and get something to help us rebuild and get to see what Love can do.

The worst scenario for the Packers would be if Rodgers just chooses to sit and/or retire. Given his competitive nature, I truly don't see that happening but at this time, I just want this to be done with one way or the other.

5 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I would seriously doubt the Packers response would have been 'we are good'. If it really was, that would be a pretty crappy response, simply because Rodgers has been around long enough for them to realize how sensitive he can be about those type of things. Its not like his reaction was something that totally shocked a lot of GB fans.

And at the end of the day, if that is how the Packers did respond, I can totally understand where Rodgers reaction is coming from. I, like a lot of others, just want this to be over. If Rodgers comes back, great. If not, we hopefully trade him and get something to help us rebuild and get to see what Love can do.

The worst scenario for the Packers would be if Rodgers just chooses to sit and/or retire. Given his competitive nature, I truly don't see that happening but at this time, I just want this to be done with one way or the other.

I would tend to agree with this. I think they probably worded it in a way that could be construed by someone sensitive as saying "We're good, we like the status quo, thanks for asking" statement. I think there's some truth to what was said, but I full heartedly believe it wasn't anything like what is being reported and what's being reported is nothing more then us seeing Aaron Rodger's sensitive side through the media. If anything, the way these reports are coming out should prove to all of you that it's coming from Aaron Rodgers camp and not the Packers. 

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The thing that floors me about this is the sensitivity. If Rodgers can’t stomach a team playing hardball in negotiations, which is very much what this is, when he’s got 3 years left on a deal, we’ll I’m sorry but he’s a tremendous heel. We already knew he was sensitive, but this is unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I was paraphrasing of course, but that was gist of it.

You can phrase things however you like, bottom line is he asked and they initially said no and he mad.

Patience is everything in negotiations. Rodgers literally has no reason to agree to anything right now or even act like he's going to agree to anything right now because, one, it shows weakness, and two, it's June. Rodgers doesn't even want to participate in the off-season program. As such, I doubt he even wants to show up for anything in GB until August. 

The one fact remains that IMO is one of the most telling facts we know...12 hasn't demanded a trade or even asked for one. That has never been reported and when guys want to leave a team, they ask for a trade (see Watson, Julio, etc). Rodgers hasn't done that. Hence, he wants to stay in GB, but acting like he's pissed and is going to sit, etc. gives him more leverage at the table. Hence this is going to keep playing out all of June and probably all of July. 

Edited by packfanfb