Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe I'm alone on my own hill here, but here's my take. Pay 12 whatever the **** he wants and give Love a swift kick in the *** out of town. Then you apologize to 12 for doubting him in the first place. Guy has carried this organization on his back for 15 years and Gute, for one night, thought he was the smartest guy in the room, and now his house is on fire. The end. 

Packers fans after Favre: "We all learned never to put one player above the team..."

Packers fans 12 years later: See above.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe I'm alone on my own hill here, but here's my take. Pay 12 whatever the **** he wants and give Love a swift kick in the *** out of town. Then you apologize to 12 for doubting him in the first place. Guy has carried this organization on his back for 15 years and Gute, for one night, thought he was the smartest guy in the room, and now his house is on fire. The end. 

Team > any one player.

We saw this same **** in 2008.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Packers fans after Favre: "We all learned never to put one play we above the team..."

Packers fans 12 years later: See above.

I am not positive I’m following your message here but if it’s comparing the Favre/Rodgers situation I don’t agree they’re that similar

I don't blame Rodgers for being unhappy with the brain trust in GB. That said, this is all moot since he's not being traded THIS offseason. Always felt like 2022 was the target(cap reasons) after Gute planted his flag with moving up for his QB

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I would disagree with the "Pay 12 whatever the **** he wants" part. You can't let one player dictate the team even if that guy is Aaron Rodgers. Yes try to get him to stay as they said "for the foreseeable future" but don't sacrifice everything to do it. They can come to agreement that is a win for both sides I am sure. It will take both parties to check their ego though which is easier said than done. If Rodgers won't budge than good luck elsewhere. He will find out the grass isn't always greener. GB is in a pretty good spot for any QB coming in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I am not positive I’m following your message here but if it’s comparing the Favre/Rodgers situation I don’t agree they’re that similar

The Packers are more important than Brett Favre, or Aaron Rodgers. If Rodgers wants more money and what he wants is fair, by all means, lock him up. If he requires us to trade Love and kiss his *** for him to come back, he can go.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Do they even have the cap space to trade Aaron Rodgers?  IIRC he's more expensive to trade than keep.

Who cares?  If we trade him we’ll be able to extend other players to compensate for the cap hit.

If we trade Rodgers tonight, it’s a Super Bowl win in two, maybe three years if Love is even Tannehill levels.

• Like 2