Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

NOT his job! If he wants to be a talent evaluator and capologist, then retire and concentrate on that. It's the same reason coaches are no longer the GM any longer. It doesn't work.

Very true.  It is not his job.

Same breath....could Kumerow have been any worse last year that Malik Taylor?  ...asking for a friend.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Very true.  It is not his job.

Same breath....could Kumerow have been any worse last year that Malik Taylor?  ...asking for a friend.

Asking the wrong guy because I liked Kumerow. Nobody is perfect and GM's sometimes get it wrong. Not saying moving on from Kumerow was either right or wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Asking the wrong guy because I liked Kumerow. Nobody is perfect and GM's sometimes get it wrong. Not saying moving on from Kumerow was either right or wrong. 

I'll go ahead and say that moving on from Kumerow was absolutely the right move.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think if you are evaluating your last WR spot, and you have a star QB who likes a player, might as well go with who the QB likes.  It avoids situations like this.

But, I feel like you do, it didn't matter in the grand scheme of winning a game.  But if there is a perceived "tie" for the last WR spot, go with the kid that the QB likes.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

I'll go ahead and say that moving on from Kumerow was absolutely the right move.

Not disagreeing with that at all.

I just know that my eyeball test showed me that Taylor was not an improvement over Jake.  

If I see him return another kickoff at 1/2 speed, well......  Well, nothing.  I'll just come here and ***** about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think if you are evaluating your last WR spot, and you have a star QB who likes a player, might as well go with who the QB likes.  It avoids situations like this.

But, I feel like you do, it didn't matter in the grand scheme of winning a game.  But if there is a perceived "tie" for the last WR spot, go with the kid that the QB likes.

I think you go with the "kid" who you think has more upside! Not enough of a talent evaluator to say Taylor had more upside, but our people sure seemed to think that way. I'll rely on them. 

Edited by Old Guy

I think there is a big difference between asking someone for their opinion and considering it before making a decision, or just not considering their opinion at all.

None of us know what the concrete issues are despite some of these hilarious comments. But do you think this is as much of an issue if the decision makers (Gute) asked Rodgers for his input on the final 2 WR spots? Do you think that if they asked him, and still ended up cutting Kumerow, that it would be as big of an issue? 

Who's to say, but as has been speculated, I think the issue is more looking for his opinion to be heard and respected than expecting to have your input be the final decision.

If there are people here that say "shut up and throw" to Rodgers when he is asking to be heard, as one of the few people in the building who know the WRs as well as he does, then you are really just wrong. 

Think about your workplace (if you work for a company). There are people higher up that make decisions, but if you were a team leader or very experienced valued member of the team, and your manager made major decisions about your team without considering your opinion, would you feel disrespected? I think he has earned the right to have his opinion heard. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I think there is a big difference between asking someone for their opinion and considering it before making a decision, or just not considering their opinion at all.

None of us know what the concrete issues are despite some of these hilarious comments. But do you think this is as much of an issue if the decision makers (Gute) asked Rodgers for his input on the final 2 WR spots? Do you think that if they asked him, and still ended up cutting Kumerow, that it would be as big of an issue? 

Who's to say, but as has been speculated, I think the issue is more looking for his opinion to be heard and respected than expecting to have your input be the final decision.

If there are people here that say "shut up and throw" to Rodgers when he is asking to be heard, as one of the few people in the building who know the WRs as well as he does, then you are really just wrong. 

Think about your workplace (if you work for a company). There are people higher up that make decisions, but if you were a team leader or very experienced valued member of the team, and your manager made major decisions about your team without considering your opinion, would you feel disrespected? I think he has earned the right to have his opinion heard. 

Basically, give the guy some sort of seat at the table, even if he's not really making any decisions at the table. IMO, it would be pretty stupid not to be doing this already with 12, at least as to certain veteran players (i.e. a guy like Nelson, not Kumerow). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Basically, give the guy some sort of seat at the table, even if he's not really making any decisions at the table. IMO, it would be pretty stupid not to be doing this already with 12, at least as to certain veteran players (i.e. a guy like Nelson, not Kumerow). 

Sadly, these decisions have to be made with no emotion in the equation. Loved Jordy Nelson, but it proved to be the right move by not bringing him back. 

Let's face it, the GM has to be an a-hole sometimes and make tough business decisions. Allowing players with personal attachments to these guys shifts the decision making from business to personal. That will more often than not lead to bad outcomes. I'm against player involvement. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

The main person that should have a say in the final two WR spots is the ST's coach, not the QB. Maybe if every player that wasn't a regular on the offense and defense was simply listed as ST's the end decisions on roster spots wouldn't be so confusing for fans.  

Kumerow as WR5 is not a hill to try to die on. My goodness. I find it hard to believe it was that big of an issue but if it was, then Rodgers is out of his gourd. This isn’t like being frustrated if we had let Bakhtiari or Aaron Jones leave.  It’s freaking Kumerow. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sadly, these decisions have to be made with no emotion in the equation. Loved Jordy Nelson, but it proved to be the right move by not bringing him back. 

Let's face it, the GM has to be an a-hole sometimes and make tough business decisions. Allowing players with personal attachments to these guys shifts the decision making from business to personal. That will more often than not lead to bad outcomes. I'm against player involvement. 

How so? Because he went to a **** Raiders team with a QB he didn't know so naturally his numbers fell way off? James Jones said it best, Jordy could have been a full second slower in the 40 or any other BS agility drill in 2018 and still been a better WR with Rodgers than the Moore-MVS-St. Brown trio who were all rookies at the time. The decision had nothing to do with emotion, it was a bad football decision, not because he let Nelson go at his high price tag, but because we didn't attempt to retain him at a reduced rate, and worse, did it all without involving 12 whatsoever. That's exactly where Rodgers is coming from when he talks about the "people" and basically, if you can read between the lines, accusing the Packers of running their roster like an accounting firm where only numbers matter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

How so? Because he went to a **** Raiders team with a QB he didn't know so naturally his numbers fell way off? James Jones said it best, Jordy could have been a full second slower in the 40 or any other BS agility drill in 2018 and still been a better WR with Rodgers than the Moore-MVS-St. Brown trio who were all rookies at the time. The decision had nothing to do with emotion, it was a bad football decision, not because he let Nelson go at his high price tag, but because we didn't attempt to retain him at a reduced rate, and worse, did it all without involving 12 whatsoever. That's exactly where Rodgers is coming from when he talks about the "people" and basically, if you can read between the lines, accusing the Packers of running their roster like an accounting firm where only numbers matter. 

He played 1 year and retired! It was the right decision, in my opinion. You clearly have a different opinion and that's fine.