Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How so? Because he went to a **** Raiders team with a QB he didn't know so naturally his numbers fell way off? James Jones said it best, Jordy could have been a full second slower in the 40 or any other BS agility drill in 2018 and still been a better WR with Rodgers than the Moore-MVS-St. Brown trio who were all rookies at the time. The decision had nothing to do with emotion, it was a bad football decision, not because he let Nelson go at his high price tag, but because we didn't attempt to retain him at a reduced rate, and worse, did it all without involving 12 whatsoever. That's exactly where Rodgers is coming from when he talks about the "people" and basically, if you can read between the lines, accusing the Packers of running their roster like an accounting firm where only numbers matter. 

but the numbers do in fact largely matter when they pertain to staying on the good side of the salary cap.

28 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Basically, give the guy some sort of seat at the table, even if he's not really making any decisions at the table. IMO, it would be pretty stupid not to be doing this already with 12, at least as to certain veteran players (i.e. a guy like Nelson, not Kumerow). 

The only reason Kumerow's an issue is his release happened in close proximity to AR saying supportive stuff about him. Thats it. Period. The End.

AR often did interviews at his locker where he ran thru a list of players that were doing this or that and he'd just finished saying such things about Jake - then he was cut.

HE took it personally because HE thought it made him look bad.
Thing is - NOBODY - connected ARs comment to the release - until AR did.
It's all in his head and I dont think our GMs job description should be considering what may be floating around in our QBs head.

My personal take.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

The only reason Kumerow's an issue is his release happened in close proximity to AR saying supportive stuff about him. Thats it. Period. The End.

AR often did interviews at his locker where he ran thru a list of players that were doing this or that and he'd just finished saying such things about Jake - then he was cut.

HE took it personally because HE thought it made him look bad.
Thing is - NOBODY - connected ARs comment to the release - until AR did.
It's all in his head and I dont think our GMs job description should be considering what may be floating around in our QBs head.

My personal take.

Personally, I think the Kumerow thing is largely being overblown anyways. I think there's truth to the "Rodgers is upset over not being involved...." etc., but I think Kumerow ranks extremely low on that bar. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

If there are people here that say "shut up and throw" to Rodgers when he is asking to be heard, as one of the few people in the building who know the WRs as well as he does, then you are really just wrong. 

Think about your workplace (if you work for a company). There are people higher up that make decisions, but if you were a team leader or very experienced valued member of the team, and your manager made major decisions about your team without considering your opinion, would you feel disrespected? I think he has earned the right to have his opinion heard. 

Rodgers can voice his opinions informally. These people all exist in close physical contact for like 7 months, his opinions are going to be well known without any sort of "formal" seat at the table (which he absolutely should NOT have). Good leaders, like GB has, are able to collect all relevant information both informally and through the proper formal channels. No company has a "seat at the table" policy where any/all employees get to weigh in on personnel decisions of the company. 

I cannot believe that some fans support Rodgers having this sort of input. We've lived through this nonsense twice now. I get you like the player and form a connection to him, but it is NOT his job to formally weigh in on personnel decisions. No player in the league does that. His qualifications and motivations are not necessarily in-line with the experts whose literal jobs are to make those decisions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers can voice his opinions informally. These people all exist in close physical contact for like 7 months, his opinions are going to be well known without any sort of "formal" seat at the table (which he absolutely should NOT have). Good leaders, like GB has, are able to collect all relevant information both informally and through the proper formal channels. No company has a "seat at the table" policy where any/all employees get to weigh in on personnel decisions of the company. 

I cannot believe that some fans support Rodgers having this sort of input. We've lived through this nonsense twice now. I get you like the player and form a connection to him, but it is NOT his job to formally weigh in on personnel decisions. No player in the league does that. His qualifications and motivations are not necessarily in-line with the experts whose literal jobs are to make those decisions.

I did not say he should have as formal say in the decision. I said that his input should be considered and weighed. The final decision is up to the GM and coaches of course.

2 hours ago, R T said:

The main person that should have a say in the final two WR spots is the ST's coach, not the QB. Maybe if every player that wasn't a regular on the offense and defense was simply listed as ST's the end decisions on roster spots wouldn't be so confusing for fans.

Didn't say he should have the final decision, that is stupid. His input should be received and respected. No different than Brady.

• Like 1

If people have a problem with Gute asking Aaron what his thoughts are on the WR6 or WR7 spot, and then using Aaron's input to help make a decision, y'all are dumber than I thought.

I would have cut Kumerow too but in the context of my post, we don't know how it happened, but I don't think it's unreasonable to take some input from your 10+ year starting QB lol

Edited by JBURGE

11 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If people have a problem with Gute asking Aaron what his thoughts are on the WR6 or WR7 spot, and then using Aaron's input to help make a decision, y'all are dumber than I thought.

I guarantee you Gute doesn't ask him about WR6 and 7. Nor should he. 

You are dumb if you think people who disagree with your take above are dumb. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I would have cut Kumerow too but in the context of my post, we don't know how it happened, but I don't think it's unreasonable to take some input from your 10+ year starting QB lol

Fine - but it shouldnt be codified into practice - nor should it become the basis for player grievances or holding out - and personally, I dont think it's actually that big a deal to AR.

• Like 1

I guarantee you Gute doesn't ask him about WR6 and 7. Nor should he. 

You are dumb if you think people who disagree with your take above are dumb. 

I'm sad seeing what this Packers forum has become. At least we still have the video game forum!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fine - but it shouldnt be codified into practice - nor should it become the basis for player grievances or holding out - and personally, I dont think it's actually that big a deal to AR.

Of course. Right now there are probably 3 qbs who deserve that kind of input. And again, it's being asked, not actually being expected to go with what he wants 

35 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Of course. Right now there are probably 3 qbs who deserve that kind of input. And again, it's being asked, not actually being expected to go with what he wants 

There's still considerable things to work out and to be totally honest, it opens far more doors (unnecessarily I might add) than it's benefit to the team overall.

I can see where AR would enjoy it.....but AR's a player. He's not running the team.

1. AR cant continue to give locker room interviews wherein he discusses player performances.  If he's imbued with this sort of "player personnel assistant" power - not in title mind you - but input/power (if only in appearance) - is that fair to his teammates?

When he gives an interview discussing how somebody or other is performing - do the other players feel his input could jeopardize their careers? Is that fair to them? They are after all - just teammates. Equals.

Is AR voicing the opinion coming from the GM? Or is his opinion going to the GM? How can they tell? They cant.

AR's NOT an administator - and -cant be perceived as being a "pseudo-administrator"

2. At what point does the FO let AR know its thoughts on player comings and goings?

Personally I think it creates more problems than is solves.