Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Idk why but I always crack up imagining Mark Murphy saying ‘don’t be the problem’ to Aaron 🤣 It’s just hilarious in so many ways 

Why do you say that. I think Murphy's comment was justified actually.

As many have said, WR5/6/7/whatever should be determined mainly by their special teams ability, not their rapport with their QB. If you're at that point where WR5/6/7 are getting meaningful offensive snaps, you're likely ****ed anyways.

Give me a really good gunner or return man over whatever it is that Aaron thinks matters.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

don't be the problem, then!

I sometimes wonder if comments like these if said by Murphy to Rodgers and then leaked into the press are part of Rodgers problems with the organization.  I believed Murphy denied saying this...but then again...if he did I could see Rodgers just burning up inside about a comment like this.

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I sometimes wonder if comments like these if said by Murphy to Rodgers and then leaked into the press are part of Rodgers problems with the organization.  I believed Murphy denied saying this...but then again...if he did I could see Rodgers just burning up inside about a comment like this.

After AR had fairly well knifed MM multiple times - all in a passive agggressive sorta way of course - and "assisted" in his departure from GB - I believe Murphy was telling AR not to repeat the performance with the new hire: MLF and I think the comment was warranted.

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why do you say that. I think Murphy's comment was justified actually.

I’m not thinking about the validity of it. It seemed very over the top to me, but whatever. I just find it funny that a guy like Mark Murphy saying that to Aaron Rodgers and what Aaron’s thoughts/reaction was. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not thinking about the validity of it. It seemed very over the top to me, but whatever. I just find it funny that a guy like Mark Murphy saying that to Aaron Rodgers and what Aaron’s thoughts/reaction was. 

As I explained in my comment to minny - I believe Murphy was protecting his new hire MLF and he wanted to put a stop to the sniping AR did to MM.

I think it justified - I think Murphy in a position to make the comment - and I dont think Murphy was saying it because he envisions himself some kind of hard *** / tough guy. He didnt want AR screwing around with the new HC - which he'd done very successfully to MM.

As for ARs reaction: I'm sure he got the message. Whether he liked it or not, who the **** cares. It was warranted.

Edited by Leader

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As many have said, WR5/6/7/whatever should be determined mainly by their special teams ability, not their rapport with their QB. If you're at that point where WR5/6/7 are getting meaningful offensive snaps, you're likely ****ed anyways.

Give me a really good gunner or return man over whatever it is that Aaron thinks matters.

LMAO @ the avatar.  So appropriate after that embarrassment in game 2.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

As I explained in my comment to minny - I believe Murphy was protecting his new hire MLF and he wanted to put a stop to the sniping AR did to MM.

I think it justified - I think Murphy in a position to make the comment - and I dont think Murphy was saying it because he envisions himself some kind of hard *** / tough guy. He didnt want AR screwing around with the new HC - which he'd done very successfully to MM.

As for ARs reaction: I'm sure he got the message. Whether he liked it or not, who the **** cares. It was warranted.

You’re taking my comment way too serious.. 

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree, I think it was Murphys way of saying "Stay in your lane".   I have no doubt Murphy heard about issues between Rodgers and McCarthy.  Probably from both sides.  If its true, I got no problem with it.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah that's why we kept Malik Turner and why he made that pro bowl at ST lol

I'm kidding around, I think both him and Jake are terrible

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Yeah that's why we kept Malik Turner and why he made that pro bowl at ST lol

I'm kidding around, I think both him and Jake are terrible

I'm not saying we've executed the role well LOL

Well, not since Janis and his excellent gunner performances.

• Like 1