Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm not saying we've executed the role well LOL

Well, not since Janis and his excellent gunner performances.

I totally agree with the point. I just wanted to make fun of Taylor. I think I hate him more than anyone else does

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I think there is a big difference between asking someone for their opinion and considering it before making a decision, or just not considering their opinion at all.

None of us know what the concrete issues are despite some of these hilarious comments. But do you think this is as much of an issue if the decision makers (Gute) asked Rodgers for his input on the final 2 WR spots? Do you think that if they asked him, and still ended up cutting Kumerow, that it would be as big of an issue? 

Who's to say, but as has been speculated, I think the issue is more looking for his opinion to be heard and respected than expecting to have your input be the final decision.

If there are people here that say "shut up and throw" to Rodgers when he is asking to be heard, as one of the few people in the building who know the WRs as well as he does, then you are really just wrong. 

Think about your workplace (if you work for a company). There are people higher up that make decisions, but if you were a team leader or very experienced valued member of the team, and your manager made major decisions about your team without considering your opinion, would you feel disrespected? I think he has earned the right to have his opinion heard. 

YES!!!!

As soon as you start the practice that he should be consulted on these moves, he's going to be madder than before when the GM listens to the ST coach over him. That's how narcissists are.

Caveat: I don't believe Kumerow's release mattered at all. This is still about the money, but if we're going to have this conversation under these assumptions . . . 

The fact that Jake ******* Kumerow getting released has any bearing at all on his mindset is just pants-on-head idiotic. Jake Kumerow had 1 reception in his 28 year old season last year. This is completely insane behavior. That nobody in the media isn't laughing in his face about this is problematic. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

YES!!!!

As soon as you start the practice that he should be consulted on these moves, he's going to be madder than before when the GM listens to the ST coach over him. That's how narcissists are.

Caveat: I don't believe Kumerow's release mattered at all. This is still about the money, but if we're going to have this conversation under these assumptions . . . 

The fact that Jake ******* Kumerow getting released has any bearing at all on his mindset is just pants-on-head idiotic. Jake Kumerow had 1 reception in his 28 year old season last year. This is completely insane behavior. That nobody in the media isn't laughing in his face about this is problematic. 

Yea, I don't buy the Kumerow/Nelson fluff. This is all about Rodgers wanting to be monetarily "locked" into GB past the duration of Love's contract. But admitting that be the reason would make him look kind of petty, so they had to try and pad their PR "case" with superfluous stuff in order to obscure that heart of the matter. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 9:05 PM, CriminalMind said:

That's fine. No need to spew that AR is holding the team hostage, when he is clearly not. GB always has the option to remove the problem if and when they see fit. Its easier to argue that GB might be holding him hostage, depending how the "undisclosed conversations" transpired. 

Good thing you're here to keep the place in line.

11 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

So it seems the analysis says to trade him (and maybe 80% of QB making more than Brady) and that AR possibly should have been traded a few years ago, to avoid being at a "competitive disadvantage".

Yeah we should probably trade him to the queens for a 3rd right?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

YES!!!!

The day his name came up again and was getting passed around on the National shows, I truly felt like I was going insane. Rich Eisen having to pretend like he even knew this guy’s name 15 minutes before going live. Madness.

• Like 1

My feeling about reading from a few different sources is that the following happened:

-Gutekunst is named GM in January 2018.

-Jordy Nelson is cut in March 2018.

-Rodgers signs his extension in August 2018->So cutting Nelson doesn't stop him from doing that.

-Rodgers plays at a not elite, fringe top-10ish QB level for 2018 and 2019.

-Gutekunst thinks about drafting Lock in 2019 (though he does not see him as a 1st round level QB), so he's clearly been thinking about the future at the QB position for a while.

-In a predraft presser in 2020 Gute says that if he sees a QB that he likes in the 1st he's gonna take him.

-Bryan Bulaga is not re-signed. Seems like not communicating the players that they are not going to be re-signed is something that bothers a few people in the locker room, including 12. Still, nothing to make him take a stand a say **** you to the organization.

-Love is drafted in 2020. Rodgers doesn't like it one bit, but he knows he can't be a drama queen because he'll look like an idiot if he complain about a situation that is equivalent to the one who brought him to stardom.

-The final practice before announcing the 53 squad Rodgers praises Kumerow during his presser. He obviously knows he's not going to make it 100%. He still does it. I don't believe for one second that this affects him more than Jordy being cut.->My feeling is that he feels angry for GB drafting Love but he also knows he looks like a fool if he complains about that. I imagine that he is looking for reason to justify his discomfort and Kumerow is the first one after Love being drafted.

-Rodgers starts working on his mechanics again after a few years. Corrects some bad habits probably created by his injuries and plays at an MVP level. Now he has some leverage to complain.

-Corey Linsley in not re-signed. Same thing as happened with Bulaga.

-Rodgers's agent leaks that he wants out the day of the draft. No coincidence here.

-GB apparently refused to be moved from his timeline with Love, though this looks to accelerate it as the team is constructed to compete for 2021 and rebuild in 2022.

-He stays quiet for 3 weeks until he says vague things. Once again he knows he will look like an idiot and a dive if he demands the GM to be fired, so he talks about the people. He also says it's not about Jordan Love. Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta.

-James Jones says is not about the GM, is about other things he cannot say. This sounds an awful lot like he once again cannot say this is about Love being his replacement as he's lived the same situation.

I completely understand that he has to be in an uncomfortable situation, and he has every right to use the little leverage he has to try to force the team. This is a non-ideal situtation with a non-ideal outcome. The Packers at the same time should make a decision by the beginning of training camp, they should decide what to do with him if he's not there. You can't drag the situation longer than that. I'd personally trade him to the AFC if he's not there by the beginning of camp.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you have any reason to think that for Rodgers this is all about money ?  Or are you trying to make a different point ?

I think it is about security (for him) and about the way others are let go. I'm doubting money has much real bearing on his unhappiness.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

9 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Do you have any reason to think that for Rodgers this is all about money ?  Or are you trying to make a different point ?

I think it is about security (for him) and about the way others are let go. I'm doubting money has much real bearing on his unhappiness.

Security is about money, guaranteed money.  Might not be more, but guaranteed money that limits GB option to trade Rodgers and limits Jordan Love rookie contract value.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

As many have said, WR5/6/7/whatever should be determined mainly by their special teams ability, not their rapport with their QB. If you're at that point where WR5/6/7 are getting meaningful offensive snaps, you're likely ****ed anyways.

Give me a really good gunner or return man over whatever it is that Aaron thinks matters.

I don't really care about Kumerow either way but the flaw in all this "its the 5/6/7 WR" talk is that Rodgers didn't view Kumerow as even the 5 guy. He was consistently running ahead of EQ the last 2 training camps (so maybe the coaches even agreed with 12). I think Rodgers viewed Kumerow as a guy who at worst was lining up behind 17, 83 and 13. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I don't really care about Kumerow either way but the flaw in all this "its the 5/6/7 WR" talk is that Rodgers didn't view Kumerow as even the 5 guy. He was consistently running ahead of EQ the last 2 training camps (so maybe the coaches even agreed with 12). I think Rodgers viewed Kumerow as a guy who at worst was lining up behind 17, 83 and 13. 

4th, 5th, 6th, 7th .... seriously, it's so far down the wr line if it bothered Rodgers so much that's just goofy and petty.  

• Like 1

It is absolutely seeing the team make consistent proactive decisions to move on from players at the end of their career before they are willing to make that choice. It's a problem now because he knows he might be next. Seriously since Thompson the only guy they really held onto too long was Donald Driver. Favre, Wahle, Rivera, Bulaga, Linsley, Matthews, Nelson, the list keeps going, it's how the Packers have done things his whole career, it's just an issue now because it's him on the line.

• Like 2