Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

How does this end?

I think they are going to rework Rodgers contract, he'll be the QB for a few more seasons.  They will keep Love and make a decision on his 5th year at the appropriate time.  They can look at Love for a couple of years to see where he's at as far as the 5th year.   Get him involved in a few plays a game and mop up time.  Basically kicking the can down the road.  

You may need to take a risk with Love on the 5th year, but by that time beginning in year 4, they'll know if he has the capability to succeed as a starter and can pay him in year 5.

Edited by NFLGURU

It would be best if he is back, but not so if the team is buried in guaranteed money long term with no way out.

Nobody really knows exactly what the issues are, or ol Rodg's intentions.

Maybe, just maybe, he intends to keep quiet and then 1st day of camp in July he shows up like nothing happened.  Ready to go.  Just his way in his twisted mind of showing the brass what players like Nelson and Cobb and himself etc etc feel like when slighted.   He'd be wrong of course, nobody was slighted, but something along those lines might be how his mind works.                 Who really knows.

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

That's fine. My point is simply that the narrative that Rodgers was stumping for some No. 6-7 WR isn't accurate. Rodgers viewed Kumerow as a guy who would be contributing on offense, in the mix with other guys not named Davante. In fact, his support behind Kumerow wasn't much different than the support he put behind Lazard, which eventually helped him break into the lineup. 

If people don't agree with Rodgers' support of Kumerow as a contributing WR, that's another matter. But we are talking about 12's actions so it's important to know what his mindset was at the time. 

We don't really know what 12 was/is thinking ... period.  Again, if it bothered him to that point ... get over it.  Bottom tier receivers aren't even a dime a dozen; they're a penny a dozen, 

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I don't remember him ever saying anything publicly about acquiring Fuller. Moreover, the fact that Fuller tested positive for PEDs is an irrelevant hindsight fact. Yea, it turned out well that we didn't get him, but unless the Packers magically knew that was coming, it's irrelevant to the decision to pass on him. 

I keep seeing people say Rodgers was wrong about Nelson...how so? You're telling me Nelson in 2018 would not have been better than Moore/MVS/St. Brown? How about Graham who we just dumped $30m into that off-season? That's laughable. No one is saying lock up Jordy to another big deal. The report was that the guy wanted to basically sign for anything and Gute snubbed his nose at it. The only reason why this isn't talked about more is because we sucked in 2018 anyways. 

Also, what's "wrong" about Kumerow? Are you saying it was justified in letting him go because he didn't go on and succeed elsewhere? I mean...that's the NFL man. Say the Packers cut St. Brown that year instead of Kumerow. You think St. Brown would be doing much of anything elsewhere? Look at Allison who has faded away into nothingness since he left. Hell, you could probably even make the same argument about Lazard. Rodgers has been propping up WRs into more than what they are for a while now...

You forgot that Rodgers, after the draft on McAfee show, specifically mentioned Tee Higgins as a guy he liked at the end of the 1st round. Higgins ended up having a pretty solid rookie season in Cincy. So maybe he was right about at least 1 WR...

The bottom-line to this entire debate is, yea, I don't think Gute needs to or should consult with 12 about which ILBs or DL he's going to sign. But the WR-QB relationship is maybe the most dependent relationship in the NFL. Saying that you wouldn't want your veteran HOF QB's input on personnel and fits at WR is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. 

Just how much input and "fits" do you think should be allowed?  Walking a fine line if Packers brass starts doing that.  Saying you like somebody, saying who is making plays ... sure, no problem.  Demanding who should play, who should be cut,  etc. that's a whole new ball game that can't be tolerated.    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I don't remember him ever saying anything publicly about acquiring Fuller. Moreover, the fact that Fuller tested positive for PEDs is an irrelevant hindsight fact. Yea, it turned out well that we didn't get him, but unless the Packers magically knew that was coming, it's irrelevant to the decision to pass on him. 

I keep seeing people say Rodgers was wrong about Nelson...how so? You're telling me Nelson in 2018 would not have been better than Moore/MVS/St. Brown? How about Graham who we just dumped $30m into that off-season? That's laughable. No one is saying lock up Jordy to another big deal. The report was that the guy wanted to basically sign for anything and Gute snubbed his nose at it. The only reason why this isn't talked about more is because we sucked in 2018 anyways. 

Also, what's "wrong" about Kumerow? Are you saying it was justified in letting him go because he didn't go on and succeed elsewhere? I mean...that's the NFL man. Say the Packers cut St. Brown that year instead of Kumerow. You think St. Brown would be doing much of anything elsewhere? Look at Allison who has faded away into nothingness since he left. Hell, you could probably even make the same argument about Lazard. Rodgers has been propping up WRs into more than what they are for a while now...

You forgot that Rodgers, after the draft on McAfee show, specifically mentioned Tee Higgins as a guy he liked at the end of the 1st round. Higgins ended up having a pretty solid rookie season in Cincy. So maybe he was right about at least 1 WR...

The bottom-line to this entire debate is, yea, I don't think Gute needs to or should consult with 12 about which ILBs or DL he's going to sign. But the WR-QB relationship is maybe the most dependent relationship in the NFL. Saying that you wouldn't want your veteran HOF QB's input on personnel and fits at WR is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. 

I might be talking out my *** but I get the impression guys employed in those spots have pretty good feels about who might be on the stuff. I know some stuff from lower level college like this a bit where guys from the other schools could nearly predict who was going to pop next. Maybe it's not the same but yeah. That's always been my feel about the pros. Seen guys who hadn't popped once that I knew off but was suspicious of over the years that all the sudden just never got signed again and stuff

• Like 1

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

1. Rodgers was absolutely pushing for Fuller through McAfee and his other media people.

Fuller getting popped is absolutely not irrelevant. The organization knew Fuller was in the drug program and knew that a positive test was absolutely a risk. Rodgers and the fans did not. 

If Fuller had been traded for, gotten suspended and then walked for nothing, people would be after Gute's head. Rodgers doesn't get to hide here.

+++

2. Nelson made 10.5 million dollars for his 2018 season. He absolutely was not worth that money. Would he have taken the vet minimum to play for the Packers? Probably not. With the benefit of hindsight, letting Nelson walk was the right choice. That's one you give the organization credit for 

+++

3. You hit the nail on the head. Kumerow is a JAG. Guys with 30 million dollar contracts aren't allowed to get in their feelings about JAGs.

+++

4. If Jordan Love is a franchise QB, who gives a **** about Tee Higgins? Rodgers probably just pulled out of his *** the highest rated receiver drafted after our pick anyway. We didn't not win a Superbowl because of WR play anyway if we're just evaluating this thing on a 1 year window anyway.

+++

You have a WR fetish. Have forever. You want us to load up at WR. So does Rodgers. It's still wrong. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Rodgers was absolutely pushing for Fuller through McAfee and his other media people.

Fuller getting popped is absolutely not irrelevant. The organization knew Fuller was in the drug program and knew that a positive test was absolutely a risk. Rodgers and the fans did not. 

If Fuller had been traded for, gotten suspended and then walked for nothing, people would be after Gute's head. Rodgers doesn't get to hide here.

+++

2. Nelson made 10.5 million dollars for his 2018 season. He absolutely was not worth that money. Would he have taken the vet minimum to play for the Packers? Probably not. With the benefit of hindsight, letting Nelson walk was the right choice. That's one you give the organization credit for 

+++

3. You hit the nail on the head. Kumerow is a JAG. Guys with 30 million dollar contracts aren't allowed to get in their feelings about JAGs.

+++

4. If Jordan Love is a franchise QB, who gives a **** about Tee Higgins? Rodgers probably just pulled out of his *** the highest rated receiver drafted after our pick anyway. We didn't not win a Superbowl because of WR play anyway if we're just evaluating this thing on a 1 year window anyway.

+++

You have a WR fetish. Have forever. You want us to load up at WR. So does Rodgers. It's still wrong. 

I'm too drunk after softball to respond to each point. So I guess I'll live with being Mr. WR guy. 

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm too drunk after softball to respond to each point. So I guess I'll live with being Mr. WR guy. 

A drunk response couldn't be any worse than your sober ones. 

5 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

How does this end?

I think they are going to rework Rodgers contract, he'll be the QB for a few more seasons.  They will keep Love and make a decision on his 5th year at the appropriate time.  They can look at Love for a couple of years to see where he's at as far as the 5th year.   Get him involved in a few plays a game and mop up time.  Basically kicking the can down the road.  

You may need to take a risk with Love on the 5th year, but by that time beginning in year 4, they'll know if he has the capability to succeed as a starter and can pay him in year 5.

Any of you guys ever consider he doesn't want to live and work in GB anymore?  He tried to force a trade on the day of the draft what does that tell you?  

Rodgers gets a reworked deal and stays in GB?  Doubt it because he doesn't want to play here.  He's already turned down a new offer from the Packers. 

If Love really shows something perhaps the Packers would have enough confidence to trade him before the season starts.  View this as unlikely but not impossible especially if Rodgers skips training camp.  Wish they would do this as it would maximize his trade value. 

Another possibility is he just refuses to show up at all.  Breaches his contract and is dead set on not returning.  The Packers finally give up and end up trading him in Sept/Oct.  Based on what we are hearing I'd rate this as the second most likely scenario.   We'll probably get less in trade but oh well. 

Most likely scenario is Rodgers shows up to training camp probably late.  He'll play his last year in GB he will be traded after the season is over.  If we take the Packers at their word they will hold firm and try to win it all with Rodgers one last time.  It will be his swan song.  

I'll get back to he is newly engaged to a Hollywood actress.  His woman won't want to live in GB.  He wants to be close to his soon to be new wife.   Thus he wants to be traded to SF (he tried to force it on draft day) which is now off the table.  Or Denver where his fiancé is from.  Some chatter about Vegas being a possibility as well.  Connect the fricken dots.  It's not that hard.  Oh I'm sure he has has disagreements with personnel.  Nothing new.  He hasn't come out with exactly why he is upset.  Well what do you expect him to say.  

You guys never want to look at the personal side of things.  Yes football is important to Aaron but so is his new fiance.  He wants to continue to play football but he also wants to be close to her get married and who knows maybe raise a family.  The dude is in love.  Love conquers all.  My feeling is it will be a compromise.  One more season in GB and he's out of here.  That is if Shailine agrees to it.  

Edited by Scoremore

22 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Any of you guys ever consider he doesn't want to live and work in GB anymore?  He tried to force a trade on the day of the draft what does that tell you?  

Rodgers gets a reworked deal and stays in GB?  Doubt it because he doesn't want to play here.  He's already turned down a new offer from the Packers. 

If Love really shows something perhaps the Packers would have enough confidence to trade him before the season starts.  View this as unlikely but not impossible especially if Rodgers skips training camp.  Wish they would do this as it would maximize his trade value. 

Another possibility is he just refuses to show up at all.  Breaches his contract and is dead set on not returning.  The Packers finally give up and end up trading him in Sept/Oct.  Based on what we are hearing I'd rate this as the second most likely scenario.   We'll probably get less in trade but oh well. 

Most likely scenario is Rodgers shows up to training camp probably late.  He'll play his last year in GB he will be traded after the season is over.  If we take the Packers at their word they will hold firm and try to win it all with Rodgers one last time.  It will be his swan song.  

I'll get back to he is newly engaged to a Hollywood actress.  His woman won't want to live in GB.  He wants to be close to his soon to be new wife.   Thus he wants to be traded to SF (he tried to force it on draft day) which is now off the table.  Or Denver where his fiancé is from.  Some chatter about Vegas being a possibility as well.  Connect the fricken dots.  It's not that hard.  Oh I'm sure he has has disagreements with personnel.  Nothing new.  He hasn't come out with exactly why he is upset.  Well what do you expect him to say.  

You guys never want to look at the personal side of things.  Yes football is important to Aaron but so is his new fiance.  He wants to continue to play football but he also wants to be close to her get married and who knows maybe raise a family.  The dude is in love.  Love conquers all.  My feeling is it will be a compromise.  One more season in GB and he's out of here.  That is if Shailine agrees to it.  

I’m not sold on AR and Shailine even lasting as long as his current football contract.  What evidence do we have that he will?

• Like 1