Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

How did you get this in the wrong thread? 

The question was posed here in this thread only one page back.

I quoted it. I don't think I've compromised the integrity of the thread and this Packers/Rodgers schmidt has me too depressed to move it. Guess everyone will have to awkwardly ignore the post, just like we are all awkwardly discussing what a 17 game season without Rodgers looks like, pretending like moving on isn't going to be goshdanged funkshow

11 minutes ago, Bang! said:

I quoted it. I don't think I've compromised the integrity of the thread and this Packers/Rodgers schmidt has me too depressed to move it. Guess everyone will have to awkwardly ignore the post, just like we are all awkwardly discussing what a 17 game season without Rodgers looks like, pretending like moving on isn't going to be goshdanged funkshow

If they can read my posts, they can handle that one

1 hour ago, Bang! said:

Say what you will about Stephen A. Smith, but today on First Take part of his rant included him asking (paraphrase) 'why no one is asking Gutekunst what in the hell did he do that made Rodgers, the face of the franchise and NFL, a player who has signed contract after contract, basically done everything asked of him, and a superstar who has publicly stated he wants to retire as a Packer... that has caused this response from Rodgers?'

Professionally Rodgers has never been a player to cause waves in the locker room or within the organization (to our knowledge).

Personally, this situation makes me sick. Aaron Rodgers is the best player and most important person in the organization. I'm not saying you give the man the entire kingdom, but I do believe you make damn sure he is 100% on page with the direction of the organization is pursuing and if that means the GM includes him in the discussion of the direction the team plans to go, especially when it involves the management's feeling of Aaron's role on the team. As it has been more eloquently stated by numerous national media pundits, the NFL and the treatment of its biggest stars has evolved and it is totally acceptable and is expected that someone like Aaron Rodgers have a seat at the table when teams are discussing direction, some personnel moves, and are definitely included in the discussions involving their future with the team. That is how todays NFL and its superstars interact with each other.

If there is no resolution that results in Rodgers returning to the team, I'm not only concerned about this season but my greatest concern is how our other All-Pro/Veteran leaders respond.

Bakhtiari and Adams have been outspoken in their support of Rodgers. I know Bahk recently signed a multi year deal, but what are the chances Adams stays if the divorce between Rodgers and the Packers remains ugly and publicly the team continues to look the bad guy and an organization that has issues with their relationships with the veteran players, and how the organization is known for mishandling the two most important players on the team in the past 30 years and shockingly repeating their mistakes with Rodgers and learning nothing from the Brett Favre exodus.

This is how things appear to the average NFL fan. I am aware of the differences in the situations. However, Rodgers has been the face of the franchise for over a decade and coming off an MVP season and realizing how close this team is to a Super Bowl, and having to realize that without Rodgers, their Super Bowl chances are zero, I want to know how things got to this point. Gutekunst knows why we are at this point, and if he isn't considering a trade, he must believe that there is a chance to fix this.

What the hell did you do Gutekunst?

Maybe his beef is with Mark "Aaron...Don't be the Problem Again" Murphy.  And I would bet if anyone told Rodgers a year ago they would "trade him" this offseason, it would have been Mark Murphy....not Gute.  If Murphy did let that slip in some sort of fashion to Rodgers, and then said at the end of last year...."Are you crazy, Rodgers is our quarterback and he is not going anywhere", I can see Rodgers going bonkers over Murphy.  The beautiful mystery to Rodgers was where was he going to be traded to.

Jones who has talked to Rodgers said yesterday his beef was not with Gute....and I'm confident its not with LaFleur....that only leaves Murphy.

Edited by minnypackerfan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bang! said:

Sorry, I did not realize that it was a page back. 

52 minutes ago, Norm said:

If they can read my posts, they can handle that one

Nothing to do with handling anything, just a query. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If I'm the GM the only way I can trade Rodgers is to break the bank of the other team so you can say, 'how could I pass up that offer?'

Look forward to disappointment then, because yours and 15412's expected return on a trade, is la-la land.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Look forward to disappointment then, because yours and 15412's expected return on a trade, is la-la land.

Then he stays and we trade him when we're ready or he retires. Pretty simple. 

BTW, if you don't think we're getting more than the Lions got for Stafford, I don't know what to say. 

Edited by Old Guy

There is no doubt we would get a Stafford return for Rodg or better, but that’s not really the point.  The point is he’s not on the table and he never will be.  Unless the price is right, and that price is a boatload.

16 minutes ago, 15412 said:

There is no doubt we would get a Stafford return for Rodg or better, but that’s not really the point.  The point is he’s not on the table and he never will be.  Unless the price is right, and that price is a boatload.

So are you prepared to kiss and make up with “Rodg” this season when he inevitably comes back?  Or are you going to continue to loathe everything about him, like you’ve been pining on for the past 324 pages?  Just wondering - you’re welcome to go on hating if it makes you feel better.

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

So are you prepared to kiss and make up with “Rodg” this season when he inevitably comes back?  Or are you going to continue to loathe everything about him, like you’ve been pining on for the past 324 pages?  Just wondering - you’re welcome to go on hating if it makes you feel better.

There is no hate for ol Rodg and read back, I’ve not only said it’s likely he’s back but I’ve said it would be the best outcome.  On the teams terms that is with a reasonable deal if not the present one.  What he is doing is self defeating and pathetic, unless he truly is willing to retire.  If that is the case he should come out and admit it.  I have simply pointed out what I think the team should be and/or is doing.  What we don’t know is the exact issue, and ol Rodg’s exact intentions.  So, we go with what we have.

The team can not fold here and take it up the dark alley with this 38 year old QB who has failed us post season for a number of seasons behind some very good teams.  Hold him to his honor, his signature which gives us 3 more seasons.  Play Rodg, or retire.  Retire and pay us back an 8 digit check.  Make it clear there will never be a fire sale.  If there were to be a trade it will be on team terms with a ton of return.  Really pretty simple.

Suit up and play or retire.

42 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Rodgers issue is definitely Murphy lol

I'm just not sure why Murphy would 'complicate' the issue further with this comment? It adds nothing and only will widen the divide between management and Rodgers.

Unless Murphy now wants Rodgers gone and even still this was a dumb move IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm just not sure why Murphy would 'complicate' the issue further with this comment? It adds nothing and only will widen the divide between management and Rodgers.

Unless Murphy now wants Rodgers gone and even still this was a dumb move IMO. 

I thought Murphy was the guy that just said..."the less said the better".  

31 minutes ago, 15412 said:

There is no hate for ol Rodg and read back, I’ve not only said it’s likely he’s back but I’ve said it would be the best outcome.  On the teams terms that is with a reasonable deal if not the present one.  What he is doing is self defeating and pathetic, unless he truly is willing to retire.  If that is the case he should come out and admit it.  I have simply pointed out what I think the team should be and/or is doing.  What we don’t know is the exact issue, and ol Rodg’s exact intentions.  So, we go with what we have.

The team can not fold here and take it up the dark alley with this 38 year old QB who has failed us post season for a number of seasons behind some very good teams.  Hold him to his honor, his signature which gives us 3 more seasons.  Play Rodg, or retire.  Retire and pay us back an 8 digit check.  Make it clear there will never be a fire sale.  If there were to be a trade it will be on team terms with a ton of return.  Really pretty simple.

Suit up and play or retire.

Like I said, you’ve prolly logged 100 posts in this thread bitching about ol’ Rodg.  My question stands, when he suits up, will you kiss and make up without a grudge in your heart, or will you stay bitter?  Just wondering.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Rodgers issue is definitely Murphy lol

Yep, this has been my feeling on it, and this paired with having James Jones say it’s not about getting the GM canned has me feeling even more strongly about it