Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Rodgers is a complicated fella

Just stating the obvious really - doubt Rodgers would take offence at it. Don't see the issue. 

Rodgers would take offense if you told him he looked nice today.  He'd say .. what, didn't you think I looked nice yesterday?

• Like 2

People are missing the point. It's not about whether the statement is true or would offend 12 or should offend 12. In fact, I agree that the statement is probably true and shouldnt be a big deal.

But why in the hell would you make the statement at all? There's zero utility to making the statement. It was just stupid, the end. It appears Murph should follow his own advice and say as little as possible about this situation moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

People are missing the point. It's not about whether the statement is true or would offend 12 or should offend 12. In fact, I agree that the statement is probably true and shouldnt be a big deal.

But why in the hell would you make the statement at all? There's zero utility to making the statement. It was just stupid, the end. It appears Murph should follow his own advice and say as little as possible about this situation moving forward. 

Because it's the reality of the situation. This wouldn't still be the story it is without Rodgers' being who he is. He could have completely dodged answering but I don't think anyone who's been paying attention thinks the Packers are making it hard for him to return and get to work. It's on him to want to.

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Because it's the reality of the situation. This wouldn't still be the story it is without Rodgers' being who he is. He could have completely dodged answering but I don't think anyone who's been paying attention thinks the Packers are making it hard for him to return and get to work. It's on him to want to.

So next time Murphy takes the podium he should tell everyone that Rodgers is an overly sensitive diva? Because that's true as well...

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

So next time Murphy takes the podium he should tell everyone that Rodgers is an overly sensitive diva? Because that's true as well...

I mean that's not what he said and that's exactly the problem people are going to blow this out of proportion. If Rodgers really takes "complicated fella" to mean that then well, I guess he's proven it himself. A 38 year old man needs to have thicker skin than that.

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I mean that's not what he said and that's exactly the problem people are going to blow this out of proportion. If Rodgers really takes "complicated fella" to mean that then well, I guess he's proven it himself. A 38 year old man needs to have thicker skin than that.

I see absolutely nothing in Rodgers background to make me think he has anything in the neighborhood of "thick skin"

Everything we know about him points to quite the opposite.

Somebody(s) in the Packers FO was well aware of this, ignored that knowledge, and here we are. 

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Agreed .. there's something a little personal between Rodgers and Murphy it seems.  Murphy would be best served to keep his mouth shut .. he's not exactly the most likeable guy in world.  He keeps needling Rodgers for some reason .. just not sure why.  I'd say he probably wants Rodgers gone. 

If the only way to make him happy is to coddle him and bury ourselves in guarantees that essentially make the franchise his personal plaything until he retires while we're not even allowed to talk about what got us to this point than Murphy isn't going to be the only guy who's fine with watching him go.

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Even Nagler is calling him out and he might be the biggest FO ***-kisser in the Packers media. 

What? No he's not lol

Seriously. Anyone who thinks there is anything wrong with what Murphy said is an easily triggered snowflake.

I'm just a snowflake. And calling someone "complicated" is a legit compliment. It's not even a disguised one. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what or why or when or how Murphy said Rodgers is "complicated".

C'mon people. Not everything has to outrage you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Even Nagler is calling him out and he might be the biggest FO ***-kisser in the Packers media. 

I think Murphys comments were calculated and weren't just off the cuff.  The Packers have been pretty positive about this up until Murphys past couple of comments.  I think its a sign that cracks are developing in this relationship.  Murphy is a straight shooter, he's goofy looking, but you can trust what he says.  

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What? No he's not lol

Seriously. Anyone who thinks there is anything wrong with what Murphy said is an easily triggered snowflake.

I'm just a snowflake. And calling someone "complicated" is a legit compliment. It's not even a disguised one. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what or why or when or how Murphy said Rodgers is "complicated".

C'mon people. Not everything has to outrage you.

Again, it's not about being offended. It doesn't offend me or even bother me other than it's just a stupid thing to do when you're in the situation you're in. You'd think Murphy would just know better.