Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know the rules of how such a scenario would be handled - but - I find it a bit odd (and unlikely) that a player could declare (what amounts to be.....) a temporary retirement in order to avoid the fines associate with what is at its essence nothing more than a hold out.

Then - magically come out of retirement in Week 13 in order to claim his salary and get credit for the year.

I find that a bit odd and dont think the rules are such that a player could manipulate them quite that easily.

Then - if the team basically tells him (the obvious.......) that the seasons going on without him.....so, go sit in the stands or whatever you want to do. I mean, the team has to have some rights in the situation no?

Another silly scenario that isn't happening. The moment he retires to avoid the fines of holding out, he than would have to write the Packers a check for the prorated part of the signing bonus he did not live up to. It would be in the 10's of millions of dollars. Just not happening. 

He will show up the first day of training camp and act like nothing happened and the media made it all up. And some on here will beat it to death daily because they simply enjoy the mental masturbation. Just a different type of daily fix for some I guess.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, R T said:

Another silly scenario that isn't happening. The moment he retires to avoid the fines of holding out, he than would have to write the Packers a check for the prorated part of the signing bonus he did not live up to. It would be in the 10's of millions of dollars. Just not happening. 

He will show up the first day of training camp and act like nothing happened and the media made it all up. And some on here will beat it to death daily because they simply enjoy the mental masturbation. Just a different type of daily fix for some I guess.

This is a good take

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

What can we get for Mark Murphy in a trade?

Smartest post I've read on the topic here,   Murphy has handled all of this incredibly poorly.  lHis ast published comments were moronic.  Especially coming off his statement that the less both sides say-the better.

How anyone believes a thing he says escapes me.

53 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Smartest post I've read on the topic here,   Murphy has handled all of this incredibly poorly.  lHis ast published comments were moronic.  Especially coming off his statement that the less both sides say-the better.

How anyone believes a thing he says escapes me.

Don't know whats coming from the Rodgers side.  Murphy does and he isn't stupid.  If he's making less than ideal comments about Rodgers, I can only imagine what's coming in on their communications from Rodgers.

Edited by NFLGURU

12 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Don't know whats coming from the Rodgers side.  Murphy does and he isn't stupid.  If he's making less than ideal comments about Rodgers, I can only imagine what's coming in on their communications from Rodgers.

Here is my take on it.

Rodgers has come out and said there is a people/culture problem at the team. He loves the fans, the coaches and the players. So he has basically done his best to point the finger at Murphy and Gutey without actually saying it.

Murphy has called Rodgers a complicated fella

The two of them have traded very mild jibes at each other. Rodgers were more critical as well as more cowardly as he didn't actually directly name anyone so can hide behind that. 

I don't think Murphy has done anything wrong. He has called someone complicated which is a reasonable public statement about a guy who is throwing around indirect insults to you. 

Everyone is getting worked about something which is nothing and doesn't change the situation. But then its off-season so the time to rant about this. Last year Mr. Green was showing us 100 photos of the botched Linsley Rodgers snap to help back up his claim that Rodgers was finishes as an elite QB so we can argue for 100s of pages about  nothing. 

18 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they haven't listened yet. Those things never remain confidential. I do think this is heading for disaster with no reconciliation forthcoming. 

They better get a truckload of player/picks combo or let him sit and retire. 

How does Aaron Rodgers retirement improve the Green Bay Packers more than a couple 1st round picks and a serviceable starter? 

On 6/12/2021 at 8:26 AM, packfanfb said:

Again, it's not about being offended. It doesn't offend me or even bother me other than it's just a stupid thing to do when you're in the situation you're in. You'd think Murphy would just know better. 

Rodgers is trolling the Packers so much this offseason