Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The front office is likely doing what they should be doing at this point.  They have offered all they're going to offer to sweeten the present deal.  At least I hope so.  From here you expect him to show up first day of training camp.  In the meantime you prepare your team in the event he does not, until then Jordan Love is the man.  I also believe and hope they have discussed compensation with suitors.  

That's just due diligence at this point IMO. Agree with the rest.

28 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The front office is likely doing what they should be doing at this point.  They have offered all they're going to offer to sweeten the present deal.  At least I hope so.  From here you expect him to show up first day of training camp.  In the meantime you prepare your team in the event he does not, until then Jordan Love is the man.  I also believe and hope they have discussed compensation with suitors.  

I am hoping this is exactly where we are at with Rodgers as well. In a holding pattern till training camp and moving him for the best offer if he chooses to not report.

Schefter has been such a boot licker to Rodgers side it’s nauseating. To him, Everything the front office is doing is wrong. 

I get it, He almost always has to take the players side because that’s where his info comes from but dudes still a spineless little **** for all the BS he’s been spewing since draft day. 

Edited by gopackgo972

10 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Schefter has been such a boot licker to Rodgers side it’s nauseating. To him, Everything the front office is doing is wrong. 

I get it, He almost always has to take the players side because that’s where his info comes from but dudes still a spineless little **** for all the BS he’s been spewing since draft day. 

He seems to have some extra hate for the Packers.  I always thought he was pretty fair, but he's been anything but that when it comes to Rodgers vs. Packers brass.

39 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Aaron Rodgers and Jordon Love are represented by the same agency. David Bakhtiari is represented by that same agency. Adam Schefter is also represented by that same agency. Why would Schefter ever say something positive about the Packers FO in this situation? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SSG said:

How does Aaron Rodgers retirement improve the Green Bay Packers more than a couple 1st round picks and a serviceable starter? 

The cap space along allows them to go and get a couple of vets who are cut because of cap reasons towards the end of camp. 

IF GB doesn't get a lot more than the Lions got for Stafford, Gute/Murphy lose the battle of public opinion. If he 'retires' you recoup a ton of cash, and then trade him prior to the 2022 draft and still get your couple of first and a serviceable starter. 

He's the MVP, you have to get a boatload in order to move on from him. 

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Brady trolled him/Green Bay as well with the "Go for it" talk today during their matchup conference. 

I'm all for trading him! Let's go rob somebody blind and let them have the 'complicated fella'! 

8 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Not saying I agree with teams like Pittsburg and Tampa that acquiesce to their QB’s, but it’s **** like this that makes Rodgers go hmmmm.

I agree with this, but in my opinion there's a difference between coaching and front office. You'd expect QB and coaching staff to collaborate on scheme, but you would not expect QB to collaborate with the GM on roster decisions

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I agree with this, but in my opinion there's a difference between coaching and front office. You'd expect QB and coaching staff to collaborate on scheme, but you would not expect QB to collaborate with the GM on roster decisions

I agree that the coach should taylor the plays to what the QB is comfortable with but you do not alter your offensive philosophy to the QB. LaFleur's offense is proven to work very well in the NFL. Not sure they should allow Rodgers to come in and forego the run game so he can sling it around the yard as an example. 

What’s funny in this whole thing to me is his credibility on what he’s criticized.  He has criticized others in the league saying he thinks players should play to their contract - is he?  He has criticized “culture” in GB - what kind of culture has he built right now being the face of the franchise ?  I have been a big fan of Rodgers over the years.  Not now - however I don’t want them to trade him - ever.  I want him to fall on his own sword.  Retire.  Pay back millions.  GB would be just fine without the extra picks.  I would personally take more pleasure in knowing he isn’t playing - and probably sucking his thumb while watching games on Sunday then watching him try to stick it to GB the next few years.  If he tries to come back mid season inactivate him /make him the back up to Jordan Love.

6 minutes ago, packfan1 said:

What’s funny in this whole thing to me is his credibility on what he’s criticized.  He has criticized others in the league saying he thinks players should play to their contract - is he?  He has criticized “culture” in GB - what kind of culture has he built right now being the face of the franchise ?  I have been a big fan of Rodgers over the years.  Not now - however I don’t want them to trade him - ever.  I want him to fall on his own sword.  Retire.  Pay back millions.  GB would be just fine without the extra picks.  I would personally take more pleasure in knowing he isn’t playing - and probably sucking his thumb while watching games on Sunday then watching him try to stick it to GB the next few years.  If he tries to come back mid season inactivate him /make him the back up to Jordan Love.

I'm going to keep my emotions out of it and look at it as strictly business. Rodgers knows this is his last year if Jordan Love can play at all. He wants security to be the guy for longer than that. It very likely is not going to happen. 

I think in the best interest of the Packers we'd trade him to an AFC team, but only if we got the ransom we were asking. If we didn't get a great deal, let him sit this year and recoup the cash. Puts us in a much better situation going into next year and teams are always desperate for QB's after the season when they realize their guy can't play. 

Obviously, we hope we aren't one of those teams who finds out our guy can't play. It's a risk either way, but if the relationship is damaged beyond repair, then get the monster deal and move on. 

Denver seems the most obvious because they think they have a Super Bowl roster minus the QB position. I don't think they do. I see a lot of issues with them to be honest. 

At this point would call his bluff.  30M is a boatload of money - even for AR.  Would be FO way if getting even w him lol.  If he’s gonna pull this crap then there are consequences.  That’s how I see it and what I would do.  

if FO is truly looking at what would benefit them and GB long term then they ride out the storm for this season.  AR is the one who will take the heat once the season starts.  Draft picks GB would get in March/April 2022 be much better then trading him now.  Only benefit of trading him now is not having to deal w AR saga.  Compensation wise IMO, trading AR now only benefits AR because he gets to go to a new team, but it doesn’t really benefit GB.  There will likely be multiple bidders next year