Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Ive got very little hope we can overcome the Bucs this season.   They got everyone back, the beat us at Lambeau without Antonio Brown, Winfield, and Vita Vea on a very limited basis.   Plus you got Seattle, and the Niners in the mix.  Do we beat the Rams if Aaron Donald was healthy? 

We were extremely close to beating Bucs last season and probably should have done - there is zero reason for people to say something like this. Zero.

There will be very good teams every year - a lot has to go right to win a title. 

If you take that attitude that you wont win if there are other strong teams, Packers might as well just disband and set up a furniture shop or something. 

Nobody knows what will happen - half their team could do their ACL in TC. Love could reset the standards for what an elite QB. But if Rodgers is back, we are likely to be in the top 3 chances to win a title and there's a pretty high chance it will be a very long time before we are back there. 

https://frontofficenfl.com/2020/05/24/2020-nfl-cba-explained-accrued-seasons-credited-seasons/

A player under contract must report to his team’s training camp on his mandatory reporting date in order to earn an accrued season. If player holds out his services for a “material period of time,” he is also at risk of not accruing a season.

*When I write “or should have been on,” note that this is the language used in the CBA. Basically, in order to accrue a season, the player needs to be on the team’s active/inactive list, injured reserve or reserve PUP for at least six regular-season games in a given season.

14 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

We were extremely close to beating Bucs last season and probably should have done - there is zero reason for people to say something like this. Zero.

They dismantled us in the regular season, and had stars missing in the playoffs.    Also looking at the past 10 years of playoff performances, and this is the magic year with a disgruntled QB??    Not happening.    If you think you can find a better deal than you can in the next offseason.  Do it.            

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

They dismantled us in the regular season, and had stars missing in the playoffs.    Also looking at the past 10 years of playoff performances, and this is the magic year with a disgruntled QB??    Not happening.    If you think you can find a better deal than you can in the next offseason.  Do it.            

Is it fair to guess that you were saying the same things about 49er's last off season and whoever was your big bad wolf the year before that and the year before that and etc., etc.  

28 minutes ago, R T said:

Is it fair to guess that you were saying the same things about 49er's last off season and whoever was your big bad wolf the year before that and the year before that and etc., etc.  

No, theres always going to be that big bad wolf team, its now comes down to one year with Rodgers or not.  If you can keep him for a year and get a good deal, GREAT!!!  

I just wouldn't be making Super Bowl hotel reservations with a disgruntled QB at the helm.  

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Glazer is absolutely full of ****. 

On this I'm not so sure. Him being dead set on wanting to leave doesn't mean he won't come back if he isn't given what he's wanted. I just don't doubt for a second that what's ideal to him is a trade on his terms right now.

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

On this I'm not so sure. Him being dead set on wanting to leave doesn't mean he won't come back if he isn't given what he's wanted. I just don't doubt for a second that what's ideal to him is a trade on his terms right now.

The media is fully behind pushing the "Rodgers wants to leave" train. It benefits these "insiders" to push these narratives because it benefits them to break stories about a trade or possible trade of Aaron Rodgers. There is a reason by just about every media pundit has been saying "Rodgers wants to leave" while every single ex-player they've talked to (Jones, Kuhn, etc.) has not said that, and instead remain pretty confident "this gets fixed" and he stays. 

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

The Packers have no advantage to trade Rodgers now and give him what he wants. Maybe, if he chooses to sit out the year, they trade him at the trade deadline but I doubt that will happen. It might help if we knew what he was butt hurt about. He played like crap in the 4th quarter against the Bucs so is this all diverting his blame on the loss. Who knows.

37 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

"Absolutely still wants out" according to Glazer

Rumor has it the Packers can't stand Aaron,according to a former NFL GM.

“The guy’s selfish. Teammates don’t like him. Coaches don’t like him. It’s all about Aaron. They all deal with him, because he’s a superstar. He helps guys make money and put food on the table for their kids, and people respect him for that.”

https://fansided.com/2021/06/16/packers-aaron-rodgers-destroyed-former-nfl-gm/

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The media is fully behind pushing the "Rodgers wants to leave" train. It benefits these "insiders" to push these narratives because it benefits them to break stories about a trade or possible trade of Aaron Rodgers. There is a reason by just about every media pundit has been saying "Rodgers wants to leave" while every single ex-player they've talked to (Jones, Kuhn, etc.) has not said that, and instead remain pretty confident "this gets fixed" and he stays. 

The media is on this side but that doesn't mean this side isn't accurate either. He's done absolutely nothing to pour cool water on this since it began on draft day. It's not at all a stretch of the imagination to believe he's got his foot half way out the door but will come crawling back if the only alternative is to retire and lose money.

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rumor has it the Packers can't stand Aaron,according to a former NFL GM.

“The guy’s selfish. Teammates don’t like him. Coaches don’t like him. It’s all about Aaron. They all deal with him, because he’s a superstar. He helps guys make money and put food on the table for their kids, and people respect him for that.”

https://fansided.com/2021/06/16/packers-aaron-rodgers-destroyed-former-nfl-gm/

My memory may be wrong, but isn't this how Favre was at the end? I know he dressed in a separate area from the team and was quite the diva. 

Personally, I don't know what to believe and what to ignore with this situation at this time. Rodgers actions tell me he needs to go.

41 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but you've been bright siding this thing since the beginning, though I do agree with you about what the media is trying to do. They were doing it before we even had the report that he wants to supposedly leave. Like someone said AR isn't doing anything to help it either. Who ******* knows anymore

• Like 1