Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

I personally do not think Aaron shows up to training camp.  This hold-out I believe goes into the season.  Frankly I'm fine with Love starting.  If so, at least I will have someone to ROOT FOR.

I hope the truth comes out about the whole situation soon.  But I doubt it.  Sounds like both sides are in spin mode.  I'd love to get Greg Jennings take on all of this just to get his opinion, since he seems to be someone who had a few choice words to say about Rodgers in the past.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but you've been bright siding this thing since the beginning, though I do agree with you about what the media is trying to do. They were doing it before we even had the report that he wants to supposedly leave. Like someone said AR isn't doing anything to help it either. Who ******* knows anymore

Any typically I'm the pessimist of this board...:) 

7 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Why are people suggesting that the Packers should just let Rodgers sit?

That isn't going to happen.   Worst case- He will come back in time to accrue a year of service.    If that happens the Packers are screwed.  The all in plan for this year fails, and they still have the same problem going forward.   The compensation for trading Rodgers only declines.

I also don't understand the people who are putting all of the blame on Rodgers for what is taking place.    The Packers front office mismanaged the back end of Rodgers time in Green Bay, and drafted the replacement too early.   Unlike Farve playing the holdout game each offseason, Rodgers has maintained all along he wanted to play longer.   The decision to trade up and draft Love was a poor move that even a blind man should have seen was going to lead to this situation.    There now are two options.   You play it like the Patriots, and move Love along, or you should have traded Rodgers before the last draft.   The front office again messed up that situation.

It is understandable that they don't want to move Love, but if that was the case - they needed to move Rodgers.    Instead they paid the other guys to try and have a 1 year "all in", but they forgot about the QB in that plan.   Rodgers being Rodgers, isn't going to make it easy for the front office to fix these mistakes.  They have worked with the guy for 16 years, they should have known this would be the case.   They have known he was a complicated fellow.

We get that there are a lot of things you don’t understand. 

33 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not saying you're wrong but you've been bright siding this thing since the beginning, though I do agree with you about what the media is trying to do. They were doing it before we even had the report that he wants to supposedly leave. Like someone said AR isn't doing anything to help it either. Who ******* knows anymore

Rapport did say he hasn’t requested a trade. I’m taking my cues from guys like James Jones, John Kuhn, AJ Hawk who talk to Aaron directly and have said this is fixable . 

Logistically , how difficult would it be to trade Aaron during training camp ? With Aaron’s cap number and the cap being lower as is, I’m sure it would be extremely difficult. Has there been any precedent with a QB trade during camp ?  

21 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Rapport did say he hasn’t requested a trade. I’m taking my cues from guys like James Jones, John Kuhn, AJ Hawk who talk to Aaron directly and have said this is fixable . 

Logistically , how difficult would it be to trade Aaron during training camp ? With Aaron’s cap number and the cap being lower as is, I’m sure it would be extremely difficult. Has there been any precedent with a QB trade during camp ?  

When was Carson Palmer traded?  I don't think it was camp, I think it was mid-year.  Psuedo retired.

Guess who his agent was.  Guess who Rodgers uses as an agent.

4 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

They dismantled us in the regular season, and had stars missing in the playoffs.    Also looking at the past 10 years of playoff performances, and this is the magic year with a disgruntled QB??    Not happening.    If you think you can find a better deal than you can in the next offseason.  Do it.            

They didn't dismantle us ... they beat us but it was a game we could have won, we had our chances. In he end we lost due to their pass rush primarily because our stud LT was injured. Stuff happens, its the way it goes.

Every year, there are standout teams everyone else is worried about. If your going to wait till there's an off-season when we don't have a Bucs or whoever to worry about you will be waiting till your in your grave.

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

My memory may be wrong, but isn't this how Favre was at the end? I know he dressed in a separate area from the team and was quite the diva. 

Personally, I don't know what to believe and what to ignore with this situation at this time. Rodgers actions tell me he needs to go.

A former NFL GM said ....

To be fair, I could see a lot of people disliking Rodgers behind his back but respecting what he gives the team and their own bank balance.

Think its best to ignore anything that comes from a nameless source though. This person may or may not exist, if they do exist they may or may have been a GM and if they were a GM they may or may not have been sacked for knowing nothing. 

No idea on journalists integrity - he might be valid but kind of thing a journalist would make up knowing there is likely to be an element of truth

4 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

On this I'm not so sure. Him being dead set on wanting to leave doesn't mean he won't come back if he isn't given what he's wanted. I just don't doubt for a second that what's ideal to him is a trade on his terms right now.

Nobody knows squat including you.  Nobody has a clue regarding me.  Nobody knows a thing about this whole damn frustrating situation.

While I don't necessarily think it's the "only" reason for 12's absence, I have previously hammered this point and haven't seen a lot of media coverage on it until Acho's take here, but he hits the nail on the head. Rodgers didn't want to be at the off-season program anyways. That's why his absence up til now shouldn't surprise anyone. It's all about what happens when TC starts. 

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:
While I don't necessarily think it's the "only" reason for 12's absence, I have previously hammered this point and haven't seen a lot of media coverage on it until Acho's take here, but he hits the nail on the head. Rodgers didn't want to be at the off-season program anyways. That's why his absence up til now shouldn't surprise anyone. It's all about what happens when TC starts. 

Could be....not necessarily. Doesnt jive with the contract negotiations that have yet to be finalized.

As for "all the drama".....Acho and his media colleagues have spent weeks theorizing about all of it on a daily basis. They want the drama. They need the drama....and when there is none, they'll regurgitate past pronouncements and assumptions again. There's airtime to fill.

54 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I can believe this, plus he spent about a month of his offseason in quarantine.. mightve just wanted time with his fiance and friends.

7 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

They dismantled us in the regular season, and had stars missing in the playoffs.    Also looking at the past 10 years of playoff performances, and this is the magic year with a disgruntled QB??    Not happening.    If you think you can find a better deal than you can in the next offseason.  Do it.            

Remember before last season when the line was that the packers did nothing to beef up the run defense and we had no chance to beat SF?  

This is a year to year league.   Thinking everything will be the same for the packers (remember the best LT in the game missed the playoffs) but all competitors will stay healthy and continuing playing at the same level is comical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

We get that there are a lot of things you don’t understand. 

Have anything to add?   Didn't think so.  Maybe next time try to.

i was told I didnt understand things when I predicted the problems after the 2020 draft.  Maybe I just see things you arent able to see.