Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

This is from an article I read yesterday. 

According to a letter from the league, players who did not opt out in 2020 can only opt out in 2021 if they have developed a high-risk condition since October 1 of last year. At this point, Rodgers hasn’t implied that he’s faced any serious health issues in the last eight months, meaning that he can’t just step away from the field this upcoming season.

2 minutes ago, R T said:

This is from an article I read yesterday. 

According to a letter from the league, players who did not opt out in 2020 can only opt out in 2021 if they have developed a high-risk condition since October 1 of last year. At this point, Rodgers hasn’t implied that he’s faced any serious health issues in the last eight months, meaning that he can’t just step away from the field this upcoming season.

I'm not sure but believe that is regarding the stipend the league gave players opting out last year. Although the article is from Florio so probably shouldn't put a ton of stock in it either. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Florio is now saying that Rodgers can opt out of '21 and save a bunch of dough.  I don't see it happening, but you never know.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/25/aaron-rodgers-does-indeed-have-an-opt-out-silver-bullet-for-2021/

If this is the way Rodgers wants to handle this which is his choice, he will surely piss off a lot of Packer fans that he says he truly loves.

Players can opt out for any reason at all or no reason, regardless of whether they’ve been deemed as a high risk or not for Chi-Comm complications. 

Like I said before, Rodg would be giving up a lot more than his salary.  He would not gain a year of service and there is a chance he never plays the game again.  I don't believe he does this if he wants to play again.  Somewhere, anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

Players can opt out for any reason at all or no reason, regardless of whether they’ve been deemed as a high risk or not for Chi-Comm complications. 

Like I said before, Rodg would be giving up a lot more than his salary.  He would not gain a year of service and there is a chance he never plays the game again.  I don't believe he does this if he wants to play again.  Somewhere, anywhere.

Well, we only have a week to wait on this latest drama. I'm sort of tired of all the drama, just trade his butt, get a haul and let's move on. 

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Well, we only have a week to wait on this latest drama. I'm sort of tired of all the drama, just trade his butt, get a haul and let's move on. 

I would agree, if what he really wants is to be traded the Packers need to do that very thing IF they can get the right return.  IF.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I was so confused as to what the hell chi comm was for like 2 minutes. I thought it was some weird auto correct

"why is Rodgers opting out because someone is having trouble communicating with Chicago?" 

Edited by Mr Bad Example
  • Like 3

You're not seeing China for the tyrannical Commies hitnhope, or is that forest for the trees?

Rodg signed a contract that leaves 3 more years of service owed by him under team control.  It is he in his aging years that does not want to honor his signature.  The Packers can not make him play, it is his choice to suit up or sit.  He is just a player and at age 38 it sure wouldn't serve the team to bury itself in a long term deal with the guy with no way out.  It would be a travesty to do that.  There are others to worry about in Adams, Alexander, Jenkins etc etc.  

As far as the Chinese Communist virus and following pandemic goes I never once heard DJT utter those words.  I am simply giving credit to those who have earned it.  

Edited by 15412

59 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

How is losing the league MVP, and losing your opportunity to make a Super Bowl run a win for the Packers?

You have thrown logic out the window.

It is a Lose/Lose for the Packers and Rodgers.

If it goes down that way....it's one step backwards to make a possible leap forward.  (assuming players and picks back for Rodgers)

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I hate the drama as well, but I also hate the idea of sending Rodgers to a new team and then watching us lose draft pick value as he strings wins together.  A team like Denver's 1st round pick is currently around the top 10 .. send them Rodgers and it winds up around 24th or 25th.