Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Sauntered, trolled....semantics I guess. But I did think it was a bit over-optimistic when you stated any offer should START at what Stafford got. How you you equate an offer for a 33-yr old QB in his PRIME to a 38-yr old who has 3-4 good yrs left. I will give you AR12  just had an MVP season but you also have to recognize part of the Rams offer was also to take on Goff's salary for an under-producing QB.

And the offer I put out feels like a pretty good offer. Old Guy, what kind of offer were you expecting ?? 4 or more 1st and 3 Pro Bowlers ???  

These are GREEN BAY fans, son, they expect you to give us the entire draft, your 4 best players, and probably throw in a beej just for the privilege of trading with the Packers. 

• Like 3

If you are the Packers you have to approach any potential trade like you are handing the team the keys to a cadillac, and you have to assume he takes most teams into that 25-32 pick range in the draft.  You can't give him away but you have to understand these picks are likely to be bottom of the round picks.  Ask for the moon and see who bites

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Honestly do not know what your question is/was. 

And just another way to avoid embarrassing yourself by telling the world what you think the Broncos offer for AR12 should be. I'll just consider the source, as noted above and move on.

You really should check into that memory of your, Old Guy

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

And just another way to avoid embarrassing yourself by telling the world what you think the Broncos offer for AR12 should be. I'll just consider the source, as noted above and move on.

You really should check into that memory of your, Old Guy

Well, we should expect a lot for Rodgers.  And not just draft picks, because with Rodgers under center, you are picking in the back third of the draft every year as long as he is healthy.

So...two firsts?  A second and a third?  Good starting point.  Now throw in one great, young player who has multiple years left on his contract.  Now, throw in someone else who is more or less a good role player and on a friendly contract. Jeudy?  Maybe Chubb, his next contract is an issue.  Maybe Surtain.    

Maybe the other player is  Fant.  Or Dremont Jones.  (is he even good? I don't know.)  Risner.  

Then look at your roster, now and for the future.  Without say, Jeudy and Fant.  How's that look to you as a GM?  Do you have enough young, ascending talent to overcome the loss of picks and one very good young player?  Does Rodgers really make you that much better?  If so, do the trade.  If not, roll with Lock or Teddy.

• Like 1

There will be no fire sale for Rodg.  Now or ever.  The Packers truly do not want to trade him, they would have to be convinced and that will take treasure.   An interested team will have to calculate the value he'd bring football wise and then add the intangibles like filling the stadium and generating product revenue among others like prime time games.  

Then add in how bad Chuckie doll doesn't want the Broncs to have him and vice versa.  Then add in other teams interested.

He likely sticks and plays one year yet in GB if not more.  If not, he certainly is going to bring more than Stafford did.

56 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well, we should expect a lot for Rodgers.  And not just draft picks, because with Rodgers under center, you are picking in the back third of the draft every year as long as he is healthy.

So...two firsts?  A second and a third?  Good starting point.  Now throw in one great, young player who has multiple years left on his contract.  Now, throw in someone else who is more or less a good role player and on a friendly contract. Jeudy?  Maybe Chubb, his next contract is an issue.  Maybe Surtain.    

Maybe the other player is  Fant.  Or Dremont Jones.  (is he even good? I don't know.)  Risner.  

Then look at your roster, now and for the future.  Without say, Jeudy and Fant.  How's that look to you as a GM?  Do you have enough young, ascending talent to overcome the loss of picks and one very good young player?  Does Rodgers really make you that much better?  If so, do the trade.  If not, roll with Lock or Teddy.

Basic rule in the art of negotiation, if you don't ask for it, you can't receive it. On the flip side, just because you ask doesn't mean you receive either. Packers fans talk very bold right now, but if it gets to a point of actually trading him and the real offers come in much lower, well reality maybe be very disappointing for those dreaming wildly.       

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 15412 said:

There will be no fire sale for Rodg.  Now or ever.  The Packers truly do not want to trade him, they would have to be convinced and that will take treasure.   An interested team will have to calculate the value he'd bring football wise and then add the intangibles like filling the stadium and generating product revenue among others like prime time games.  

Then add in how bad Chuckie doll doesn't want the Broncs to have him and vice versa.  Then add in other teams interested.

He likely sticks and plays one year yet in GB if not more.  If not, he certainly is going to bring more than Stafford did.

Yeah, I'm asking for the moon and if the trading team doesn't like it they can pound sand.

I'd want (3) 1st's and (2) 2nd's as a base .. then two high quality players or prospects (say Surtain and Chubb, Jeudy and Chubb. or Surtain & Jeudy.  You want the MVP you have to pay big!

Edited by {Family Ghost}

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yeah, well, I'd like the winning Powerball numbers too :)

I'm sticking close to the Albert Breer proposed trade a while back.  There have been several similar scenarios proposed that were similar to mine, and as I said I'm asking for the moon.

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer tackled that question in a recent mailbag piece. Breer asked three NFL executives. One response:

Broncos get: QB Aaron Rodgers, 2022 fourth-round pick.

Packers get: QB Drew Lock, DE Bradley Chubb, G Dalton Risner, 2022 first-round pick, ’22 second-round pick, ’23 first-round pick, ’24 first-round pick.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

That was pretty much what I proposed, as a counter offer! 

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm sticking close to the Albert Breer proposed trade a while back.  There have been several similar scenarios proposed that were similar to mine, and as I said I'm asking for the moon.

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer tackled that question in a recent mailbag piece. Breer asked three NFL executives. One response:

Packers get: QB Drew Lock, DE Bradley Chubb, G Dalton Risner, 2022 first-round pick, ’22 second-round pick, ’23 first-round pick, ’24 first-round pick.

I'd send them Preston Smith back and take out Risner and people said I was dreaming. 

I like the way you think tbh! 

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's just for fun of course but I don't really like that package.  Love the picks, not the players.  Chubb is soon to get paid and it's going to take more than one piggy bank.  Don't want Lock, but if forced would let them add him.  Risner would be great, but with Rodg coming to them they likely would not want to lose an offensive starter and we're sitting pretty good at guard.  I expect the plan is to sign Jenkins long term when the time comes.  I stick with 2 1's and 2 2's along with Surtain for Rodg from the Broncs.  

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm sticking close to the Albert Breer proposed trade a while back.  There have been several similar scenarios proposed that were similar to mine, and as I said I'm asking for the moon. Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer tackled that question in a recent mailbag piece. Breer asked three NFL executives. One response: Broncos get: QB Aaron Rodgers, 2022 fourth-round pick. Packers get: QB Drew Lock, DE Bradley Chubb, G Dalton Risner, 2022 first-round pick, ’22 second-round pick, ’23 first-round pick, ’24 first-round pick.

Thats fine.....I was just kidding with you. It's all pie in the sky chatter at this stage. When and if anything happens - I'll worry about (consider) it then.