Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

2 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Rodgers will be 38 in October so he is not worth as much as many think. Packers would likely look for draft picks and an opportunity for a needed salary dump.  Thin about though - Gute got rid of McCarthy to make Rodgers happy and he hired a coach who has the perfect offense for Rodgers skill set. Add to that Gute and Murphy have put together an excellent roster even though the Packers draft picks are late in the rounds. Rodgers is likely mad because eh is not getting Mahomes money and yes I think he is that petty. 

It's actually December he turns 38. I've debated this to death and I'm over it. We shall see if/when it comes to fruition! 

32 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What world am I living in.

Stafford isn't even remotely close to sniffing the HOF.

Stafford HOF! 😂 

Like the quote in Airplane, "he picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue!" 

Stafford has some of the QB stats that corrrelate to getting near the HoF. He's one of the highest on the 4th Q comebacks chart in know. Hes got some "marquee moments". Climbing into the top 15 in yardage and TDs. He's also going to a very respectable Rams squad. I dont think you can say at this point he's not sniffing the HoF. No more Rodgers or Brees in the NFC at some point is going to open some windows for accolades.

Tough to hold the **** show that is the Lions organization against him. The year after their first playoff appearance in decades they canned the coach that got them there. Lets see what happens on the next 5-10 years for the guy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What world am I living in.

Stafford isn't even remotely close to sniffing the HOF.

I said he was 'well on his way'. Stafford is currently 16th all time in NFL history in passing yards with 45,109 and TD passes with 282 at 33 years of age. Rodgers is 11th on the yardage list at 51,245 at 37 years of age. Barring injuries, Stafford is conservatively on pace for 60,000 yards and 400 TD passes. Every QB to reach those plateau's has or soon will be in the HOF. After the grace period leading up to the voting much is forgotten and stats often is the main driving force in the voting. 

On the baseball side, the example that always comes to mind for me is Don Sutton. One time in his career he won 20 games, but over the course of 23 years he would find a way to win 11 or more games every year to finally get over the magic 300 win total and when it was time to vote for the HOF he was voted in. He was never the ace of a staff, but he is a HOFer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Stafford is better than Jay Cutler. You could always rely on Jay to give a you  a shot or two at an interception, somewhere in the game.

Cutler played 153 games with 160 picks. Career Record: 75-80

Matt Stafford played 165 games with 144 picks. Career record: 74-90-1

Not a ton of difference there. 

12 minutes ago, R T said:

I said he was 'well on his way'. Stafford is currently 16th all time in NFL history in passing yards with 45,109 and TD passes with 282 at 33 years of age. Rodgers is 11th on the yardage list at 51,245 at 37 years of age. Barring injuries, Stafford is conservatively on pace for 60,000 yards and 400 TD passes. Every QB to reach those plateau's has or soon will be in the HOF. After the grace period leading up to the voting much is forgotten and stats often is the main driving force in the voting. 

On the baseball side, the example that always comes to mind for me is Don Sutton. One time in his career he won 20 games, but over the course of 23 years he would find a way to win 11 or more games every year to finally get over the magic 300 win total and when it was time to vote for the HOF he was voted in. He was never the ace of a staff, but he is a HOFer. 

Bulk stats aren't going to be enough when you look at every player he will be competing with for the HOF. He's not even remotely in the conversation with his peers, and the next generation gets an extra game per season to surpass his bulk stats now, too.

He will never even be a finalist for the HOF unless he either starts winning All-Pros or he has postseason success on the new team. Simply continuing what he has done this far will result in him not sniffing the conversation.

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Cutler played 153 games with 160 picks. Career Record: 75-80

Matt Stafford played 165 games with 144 picks. Career record: 74-90-1

Not a ton of difference there. 

I'd take Stafford, but mainly because Cutler was so damn bad nearly every time they played the Packers.

Stafford has performed so much better than Cutler against the Packers over the years.  

Stafford record vs. Packers ... 7-13 .. 5674 yds passing, 61.46 comp %, 37 td's 20 Ints. 89.9 qb rating

Cutler record vs. Packers .. 2-11 ... 2881 yds passing, 56.80 comp %, 16 td's 22 Ints.  68.9 qb rating

Edited by {Family Ghost}

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Bulk stats aren't going to be enough when you look at every player he will be competing with for the HOF. He's not even remotely in the conversation with his peers, and the next generation gets an extra game per season to surpass his bulk stats now, too.

He will never even be a finalist for the HOF unless he either starts winning All-Pros or he has postseason success on the new team. Simply continuing what he has done this far will result in him not sniffing the conversation.

Is there going to be a dead period between Rodgers and Mahomes in QB HoFers? 

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Is there going to be a dead period between Rodgers and Mahomes in QB HoFers? 

You have Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco in that "void" that all EASILY have better HOF resumes than Stafford. Probably Cam Newton and Kirk Cousins as well right now. 

Stafford is competing with Tannehill and Derek Carr for a super outside chance. Cam and Kirk are in this tier as well, probably.