Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

1. Is there some truth to this, sure.  Blown out of proportion, definitely.

2. The truth is a negotiating ploy.  I hope the Packers stand strong.

3. Rodgers was a big boy when he signed his last contract and we hold that paper for 3 coming seasons.  

4.  This was not the Green Bay Favre’s and it’s not the Green Bay A-Rods.  It’s the Green Bay Packers, Gute’s job is to look out for the team for the day and for tomorrow.

5. Rodgers has had multiple chances at another ring.  1-4 in NFC Championship games and 1-7 in playoff games when behind at halftime.  And he wants to be paid even more?

6. Bottom line is the money is one thing, this team can not bury ourselves in a 38 year old QB to the point we can’t move from him when in his 40’s.

Stand firm team

There is common sense and there is real life. The sh*t storm that would be Green Bay if they brought him back for a single year under this cloud would be immense. ESPN would park a trailer at Lambeau for 5 months.

Edited by cannondale

I pondered back before the 2020 season(though I never posted it, I don't think) about Rodgers retiring purely out of spite due to the team refusing to re-tool the wideout corps and what-not. Not that I really believe he'd sit out deliberately, but it's a little frightening to think he could go close to there.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

There is common sense and there is real life. The sh*t storm that would be Green Bay if they brought him back for a single year under this cloud would be immense.

? How would it be that he came back for a single year? He's under contract for years to come and Gute has said he's the QB for the foreseeable future. You know....kinda like the promises extended to countless players?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

? How would it be that he came back for a single year? He's under contract for years to come and Gute has said he's the QB for the foreseeable future. You know....kinda like the promises extended to countless players?

Just reading the tea leaves. Seems like his contract was set up that way

Just now, cannondale said:

Just reading the tea leaves. Seems like his contract was set up that way

It was in so much as the team can move on after this year with a lowered penalty - but - he's still under contract. If he balls out again - all the same options are on board. The team can trade him or keep and play him 39M in 2022. I'm not gonna lose sleep over ARs personal finances if he's pulling down 39M.

ARs getting the same promises that hundreds of players get.