Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Cutler played 153 games with 160 picks. Career Record: 75-80

Matt Stafford played 165 games with 144 picks. Career record: 74-90-1

Not a ton of difference there. 

Matt Stafford 0.87 Ints per game, 282 TDs. (in 165 games) Stafford had 1.71 TDs per game
Brett Favre 0.89 Ints per game, 508 TDs  (in 302 games) Favre had 1.68 TDs per game
Jay Cutler 1.04 Ints per game, 236 TDs (In 153 games) Cutler had 1.5 TDs per game

Career record is misleading, because it is more a team stat than a QB one. Even the stats I showed are somewhat misleading, but that's statistics for you, they can be jigged to show things in many different ways.

Stafford also had 45,109 passing yards to Cutler's 35,133.....and yes, that too is misleading - how many of those yards were more down to the receiver (YAC) than the QB ? Still, +10,000 yards is still rather a lot, so I stand by Stafford being distinctly better than Cutler.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You have Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Joe Flacco in that "void" that all EASILY have better HOF resumes than Stafford. Probably Cam Newton and Kirk Cousins as well right now. 

Stafford is competing with Tannehill and Derek Carr for a super outside chance. Cam and Kirk are in this tier as well, probably.

Gotta say I definitely disagree with Flacco. Also have to say its a super weak list altogether. Guess i wouldn't be totally surprised to see there be like a 10 year dead period. Russell as the best of the batch is pretty gross.

This, to me, feels like a career revitalization for Stafford in LA. Maybe its just Cutler to Chicago though.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Gotta say I definitely disagree with Flacco. Also have to say its a super weak list altogether. Guess i wouldn't be totally surprised to see there be like a 10 year dead period. Russell as the best of the batch is pretty gross.

This, to me, feels like a career revitalization for Stafford in LA. Maybe its just Cutler to Chicago though.

Flacco is a SB MVP and has the 11th most postseason wins all-time for QBs.

Stafford has a single Pro Bowl and has never won a playoff game.

It's not even close.

52 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's not even close.

But has literally nothing else that says hes HoF material. If Flacco gets in I'd be pretty shocked. Both Flacco and Stafford have some pretty serious pieces of the HOF pie missing. When a QB is top 15 in QB stats in the 16 game era that has to get a conversation started when he retires. Without the postseason success and accolades I definitely think he's on the outside. I just feel like his is at a turning point for his career.

Can't even tell you why I think Staffords going to last for another ~5 good years, could easily flame out in LA. But the way players talk about how hes a guy they half to really plan for, makes me think its a good 3/4 point for the guy.

11 hours ago, Old Guy said:

We've got 6 players rated in the top 100 overall WITHOUT Rodgers! Love will be fine. Right now, you are the 4th best team in your division and you aren't that close to the 3rd best team. So best of luck with that! 

Well, according to PFF, GB has the 6th best roster WITH AR12, Denver has the 10th WITHOUT Rodgers.....wonder how far the Packers rating will drop when  Rodgers opts out ??? Or how Denver's will climb IF he's traded to the Broncos, either way there will be a shift

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/46200/Bucs-Chiefs-Browns-Headline-PFFs-Roster-Rankings-For-2021

4 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, according to PFF, GB has the 6th best roster WITH AR12, Denver has the 10th WITHOUT Rodgers.....wonder how far the Packers rating will drop when  Rodgers opts out ??? Or how Denver's will climb IF he's traded to the Broncos, either way there will be a shift

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/46200/Bucs-Chiefs-Browns-Headline-PFFs-Roster-Rankings-For-2021

Nobody cares man, come back after the trade and atoadaso.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's not even close.

All depends on the criteria. Stafford is insanely more talented than Flacco. If you would have replaced the two on those Lions/Ravens teams, Stafford probably has a few rings and Flacco is out of football after being bludgeoned behind those Detroit OLs.

Edited by packfanfb

The HOF is a joke. Some of these guys are laughable.  I like the Skip Bayless HOF test.  I tell you the name, if you take more than 2 seconds to think about it, the answer is NO.

The HOF should be no doubters.  

24 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The HOF is a joke. Some of these guys are laughable.  I like the Skip Bayless HOF test.  I tell you the name, if you take more than 2 seconds to think about it, the answer is NO.

The HOF should be no doubters.  

Why?

7 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Is there going to be a dead period between Rodgers and Mahomes in QB HoFers? 

I think so, or at least, I think there should be.  Stafford will pass Johnny Unitas this season for career TD passes.  There has been a great increase in QB stats rather recently.  There are 8 players who have thrown for 400 TDs, only Brett Favre and Dan Marino didn't play after 2010 (Big Ben needs 4 more to get there, I counted him).  

Stafford is currently 16th in TDs and 16th in yards.  Matt Ryan is 10th and 9th.  Carson Palmer is 13th and 14th.  Hell, Fitzpatrick is 35th and 30th.

I think Stafford and Ryan will get there but at a certain point, you have to start adjusting the thresholds, especially if we are playing 17 games per season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Can't believe we're seriously talking about the 13th best QB in any given year making the HOF. Stop it.

Let's work through the insane backlog at every other spot. 

Sterling or bust