Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

11 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, according to PFF, GB has the 6th best roster WITH AR12, Denver has the 10th WITHOUT Rodgers.....wonder how far the Packers rating will drop when  Rodgers opts out ??? Or how Denver's will climb IF he's traded to the Broncos, either way there will be a shift

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/46200/Bucs-Chiefs-Browns-Headline-PFFs-Roster-Rankings-For-2021

Stir the pot my friend .. you are something else.   Nobody cares about the Broncos unless they give up a fortune for Rodgers.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Stir the pot my friend .. you are something else.   Nobody cares about the Broncos unless they give up a fortune for Rodgers.

Nope.  You had it at: Nobody cares about the Broncos.

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Bulk stats aren't going to be enough when you look at every player he will be competing with for the HOF. He's not even remotely in the conversation with his peers, and the next generation gets an extra game per season to surpass his bulk stats now, too.

He will never even be a finalist for the HOF unless he either starts winning All-Pros or he has postseason success on the new team. Simply continuing what he has done this far will result in him not sniffing the conversation.

That's where I'm at too.  I think if you are going to be a HOF quarterback in this era, you have got to be one of the top 3-4 QB's in the league over a long timeframe.

Stafford, while very good, has never been a top 3-4 QB.  With Mahomes, Allen, Mayfield, maybe Herbert, Murray, Wilson and the other rookies, man, it is going to be tough for him.  Winning, though, fixes that.  

17 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Is there going to be a dead period between Rodgers and Mahomes in QB HoFers? 

Wilson.  And....?  (Brady, obviously)  Rivers has a shot, but not first ballot.  Eli Manning, just based on his Super Bowl wins and who he beat.  Obviously before Rodgers.  Roethlisberger?  

But yah, there's gonna be a gap there.  Unless I'm really missing someone.  Maybe Matt Ryan, but I think he falls short.  

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Wilson.  And....?  (Brady, obviously)  Rivers has a shot, but not first ballot.  Eli Manning, just based on his Super Bowl wins and who he beat.  Obviously before Rodgers.  Roethlisberger?  

But yah, there's gonna be a gap there.  Unless I'm really missing someone.  Maybe Matt Ryan, but I think he falls short.  

Yeah. I dont even disagree. If matt takes the rams deep and he's just ballin out with a couple seasons in that 100+ QBR with the help of a competent organization behind him I think the bulk stats are good enough. The lack of great QBs in his group only helps i think. My whole argument is wait and see what happens. 

So like outpost said im just gonna stop this conversation here haha. Let the kiddos get back to bickering with broncos fans.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah. I dont even disagree. If matt takes the rams deep and he's just ballin out with a couple seasons in that 100+ QBR with the help of a competent organization behind him I think the bulk stats are good enough. The lack of great QBs in his group only helps i think. My whole argument is wait and see what happens. 

So like outpost said im just gonna stop this conversation here haha. Let the kiddos get back to bickering with broncos fans.

Gotta talk about something in this down time, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Brees is a shoe in. So that is seven QB's playing right now who are clearly ahead of him. Then you get to that next level and Matt Ryan has a leg up on Stafford for sure at this point. Does Cam Newton not have a better resume than Stafford at this point? I'd say yes! MVP, been to the Super Bowl. IMO, neither are warranted a spot at this point.

Heck, if it's based on stats, Dak is going to put up massive numbers, but his team likely won't win. 

The NFL has become a bit of a fast swinging door.  Or at least had been.  It's a Hall not for the really good, but at times has become that.  It is supposed to be a Hall for the exceptional.  I think MLB has been far superior in its inclusion.

Longevity no matter how good the player is and should be a major part of the dynamic.  In the early days the Hall was needing some spots filled quickly and a great player like Sayers and really good player like Hornung were immediately seated.  A player who lacked longevity and a player who was a complementary piece.  That was understandable for the time.  Now it isn't and should not be.

As it sits, Stafford has no biz in the Hall.  We'll see from here.

Sterling Sharpe is a tough one.  I have little doubt he would be there if not for the injury, I have no doubt his numbers would have surpassed James Lofton's.  SS's numbers for the number of years played very impressive.  Longevity is not quite there.

52 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yes though lol

HOF arguments are my favorite. Though I have VASTLY differing opinion on the fame part than most. 

you mentioned someone "Why?".   I responded that No, they are not HoF worthy.