Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

.but if we've learned *nothing* - not one thing (and we probably haven't......) its that sports/social media talk up chaos for a reason and it doesnt have a thing to do with facts or reality.

That about sums up the last 354 pages of this thread

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Another part of this is the Packers have to decide before Loves 4th year (2023) if they want his 5th option(2024).  Thats going to be about $20 million.  

Not a requirement, but I think they'd like to see him play before making that decision.  That means playing in 2022 at some point. They could opt use the 5th year just by watching practice time and preseason games but its another part of this scenario.  

When Murphy says the Packers want Rodgers to be the "QB for 2021 and beyond".  "And Beyond"  is interesting for 2022 knowing they might like to see Love play before the 2023 decision.

This ends one of three ways. 

1. Unlikely, Rodgers is traded this year.

2. Rodgers plays this year and is traded in the off season.

3. The Packers cave, give Rodgers a bunch of guaranteed cash for 3 more years and Jordan Love is eventually traded, probably before his fifth year option decision has to be made. 

I believe option 2 is most likely and pray they don't cave in and do option 3. 

Edited by Old Guy

46 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

That about sums up the last 354 pages of this thread

Unless this thread gets unplugged, its not even close to being done.  We still got TC with Love's daily progress and Rodgers weekly *coded* messages every week during the season.  1000 pages easily.  This thread will be like a pinball machine score counter in the weeks before the trade deadline.  

Edited by NFLGURU

This feels a lot like the end of Favre’s time here though, doesn’t it?  The similarities are there.

Bad defense for a long time, but towards the end of Favre’s time there we started adding pieces there.  Woodson, Picket.  Draft picks started hitting, defense started getting better…

If Rodgers does go soon, our defense will have the leadership and talent to get Love an early ring.  If Love is good enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

You weren't aware this chick he's engaged to suns her butt hole? 

I try to ignore everything about athlete's SOs. Even though this one definitely seems extra weird from the outside, but I try to avoid that **** just as a general rule of not giving a ****.

But yes, now I guess I do. And now I have to know this is a thing.