Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

9 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I do not think he will sit out so much as one day of training camp.  I believe he reports day one and goes on like nothing happened.  And so should the Packers in that event.

If he would hold out, I would let him know ahead of time the fines for missing mini-camp would be re-instated and he would be fined $50,000 a day for every day of camp.  Which I believe is the maximum initially.  I would also let him know at some point the train would indeed leave the station.

The Packers don't even need to confront him on the training camp fines ... it's a mandatory fine now and can't be rescinded.

58 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Opting out would have gotten Rodgers nothing but punting the situation until next year. The team would have been under zero pressure to do anything.

Also cap wise, I'm not sure anything was possible before June 1.

This

It was never anything more than clickbait. It never made any sense. Nobody should ever have seriously wondered if he might do it.

I've absolutely no idea if AR's dealing with mental demons - no less what they may be. If his current comments are to be taken in context of those personal demons - more power to him for addressing and working through them.

If his intent is to imply his "angst" is professional and we're to believe he's addressing/working thru it - I'm not buying it. AR has no professional demons "per se" - or more than every other NFL player under contract.

If its the latter - AR's playing the victim card IMO and I dont see him as one.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

To be fair, since we've been here before....

Favre wasn't threatened by Rodgers talent, either.

Me personally?   Getting kindda tired of this whole thing.

I know it won't happen, but someone needs to go nuclear here, either Rodgers or the Packer organization.  End it, or resolve it.

Right? This **** is beyond passive aggressive at this point. Colleges should teach a 300 level course in psych about Rodgers. 

• Like 1