Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

10 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Still don't understand why people assume we are extending Adams.

Receiver is an interesting position. We don't need one for 2021 but it could be critical in 2022. Adams doesn't really make financial sense - if any of the others have a strong season they could be hard to sign given the lack of any cap room at all next year.

Its very much a this season or the future position. If drafting for now then other positions take priority. If future seasons receiver should maybe be priority 1.

It did look like we were all in for 21 before all this which suggested receiver shouldn't be priority and then quad dip or something next year.

I have been thinking for a while about this.  What if we draft a good WR this year, bring back Lazard and MVS and let Adams net us a 3rd rounder as a comp pick?  Yes, he is great.  But it is also a very good way to save on a tight cap.

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

It has nothing to do with scorn. It has everything to do with value. A player with no heart is useless in January. If Rodgers wants out, he cant be relied on on the field. The Packers know the truth about that, which is baked into the take. 

Whatever rationalization you settle on is no concern of mine. I just know the same people pushing the team to send Rodgers packing are going to be the first ones to whine when the team doesn't contend next year. I don't have to even like Aaron Rodgers (I'm not a huge fan of the person) to know that the team botched this so badly thinking they could make this situation float for 2-3 years. It was a case of absurd wishful thinking in an era of player entitlement. The smartest thing they could do right now is admit their mistake and make the player happy who gives them the best chance to win. It would require humility, but above all it simply requires common sense. I honestly get the sense that the team is doing a swift back peddle and trying everything in their power to make amends. A trade of Love wouldn't surprise me one bit. Yes it would be a huge "cave" and the Packers would look weak. But it still would be the best move if winning championships is truly the priority.

Just now, Leader said:

It was in so much as the team can move on after this year with a lowered penalty - but - he's still under contract. If he balls out again - all the same options are on board. The team can trade him or keep and play him 39M in 2022. I'm not gonna lose sleep over ARs personal finances if he's pulling down 39M.

ARs getting the same promises that hundreds of players get.

Hundreds of players aren't Rodgers. Hundreds of players can't turn Lambeau into a media circus

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Whatever rationalization you settle on is no concern of mine. I just know the same people pushing the team to send Rodgers packing are going to be the first ones to whine when the team doesn't contend next year. I don't have to even like Aaron Rodgers (I'm not a huge fan of the person) to know that the team botched this so badly thinking they could make this situation float for 2-3 years. It was a case of absurd wishful thinking in an era of player entitlement. The smartest thing they could do right now is admit their mistake and make the player happy who gives them the best chance to win. It would require humility, but above all it simply requires common sense. I honestly get the sense that the team is doing a swift back peddle and trying everything in their power to make amends. A trade of Love wouldn't surprise me one bit. Yes it would be a huge "cave" and the Packers would look weak. But it still would be the best move if winning championships is truly the priority.

I've been saying we should entertain trades for Rodgers for months. Many people shrugged this off and said "no, it must be next year." Well, as it turns out there was a chance this year was the year.

I also have said we should entertain trades for Love. None of this is the result of scorn. 

• Like 1