Jump to content

Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Jordan Love was 9 when Rodgers took over for Favre.

1000 incog points to whoever can name the 9 year old (in 2021) that will take over for Love in 2035.

Kind of a reach to assume the world is still going by 2035 tbh.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Norm said:

It's the worst. Seems pretty clear now, I think, he's going to show up to TC, even if late. That being said, I learned about perinium tanning from this thread so I wish it never existed.

 

I'm actually shocked that people feel like that's a bug, not a feature, on Woodley. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

You guys (and gals) really like talking about this crap, don't you? 

With that kind of username, you should join in the conversation and contribute to it. Lead by bad example sir! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not creative enough to make up a half-dozen pretend trades, nor do I have the time/energy to sit there and debate people for 10 pages as to why my pretend trade is great and theirs is dumb. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm not creative enough to make up a half-dozen pretend trades, nor do I have the time/energy to sit there and debate people for 10 pages as to why my pretend trade is great and theirs is dumb. 

And just what kind of bad example do you think you are setting by trying to be rational? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The sports/social media story is evolving once again and there seems to be reluctant acceptance that AR will be back this year - but - (and here's where the never ending contrived story grows legs......) this year will be his farewell tour season and *that* aspect will be regurgitated endlessly and become a distraction to the team.

In other words, if GB didnt want the AR Swan Song story to dominate their news - they should have traded him.

So (in other words.....) a guy thats got 3 years left on his contract - any player, pick one - could be designated by the media as "unhappy....holding out.....not returning....(fill in the blank with your own description)....." and if that player doesnt get moved - THAT - becomes the story.

If doesnt help that AR's kept the story alive without addressing it head on / publicly.

"The team and I are working on / talking about the issues and hopefully they'll be ironed out"

Thats all it would have taken - but no. He (or his agent) have fostered and promoted this BS with coy and inclusive "Well, I dont know if I'm gonna show up.....guess we'll have to see how it works out" chatter. Drama Queen stuff IMO.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm not creative enough to make up a half-dozen pretend trades, nor do I have the time/energy to sit there and debate people for 10 pages as to why my pretend trade is great and theirs is dumb. 

There's actually been less of that than I thought would go on tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Leader said:

The sports/social media story is evolving once again and there seems to be reluctant acceptance that AR will be back this year - but - (and here's where the never ending contrived story grows legs......) this year will be his farewell tour season and *that* aspect will be regurgitated endlessly and become a distraction to the team.

In other words, if GB didnt want the AR Swan Song story to dominate their news - they should have traded him.

So (in other words.....) a guy thats got 3 years left on his contract - any player, pick one - could be designated by the media as "unhappy....holding out.....not returning....(fill in the blank with your own description)....." and if that player doesnt get moved - THAT - becomes the story.

If doesnt help that AR's kept the story alive without addressing it head on / publicly.

"The team and I are working on / talking about the issues and hopefully they'll be ironed out"

Thats all it would have taken - but no. He (or his agent) have fostered and promoted this BS with coy and inclusive "Well, I dont know if I'm gonna show up.....guess we'll have to see how it works out" chatter. Drama Queen stuff IMO.   

Now you know why many of us are clamoring to trade him now! Also, I do not for one second believe Rodgers is retiring after this year. No chance, in fact of that happening. 

I'd also say professional players generally tune out the media because they don't really want to deal with them any way so this 'big distraction' is overblown IMO. 

I believe Rodgers plays this year. I think the plan was to move him after Love's second year all along. We got a squad to win a championship, but back to back 13-3 records are hard to continue on that path. Last year was the year to get it done and we didn't. 

I'm still for trading him now, but understand that is highly unlikely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Now you know why many of us are clamoring to trade him now! Also, I do not for one second believe Rodgers is retiring after this year. No chance, in fact of that happening

Understood....but I dont accept it. The distraction story is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

The generally accepted viewpoint is that this is a contract matter. Fine. Lots of players can have those. AR's not special in that regard.

Hell, he's not even entering his contract year - when its more the norm that these concerns get talked about. However, thats been the least discussed matter.....to the level of never discussed.

Davante's entering his contract year. Other than how AR's situation might affect him - have we heard one peep from him? No.

This "story line" is all contrived BS in my opinion and we're getting played.
Meaning - this "distraction" story will also be BS.

When the AR/GB situation becomes the butt of jokes by other players / people (as was happening during that golf match) - it's gone too far IMO - primarily because AR's done nothing but put out "nuanced" and unclear comments which have fostered the sports/social media machine. I think less of him as a consequence.

Yes - AR gets easier to move after next year. Countless players are probably in the same boat.
But - If AR's play remains high (and I dont mean MVP level high) I think GB would strongly consider sticking with him.

How Russ Ball figures out the contract maze with this evolving/changing cap situation - I've no clue - but AR's a known fixed cost. It's not like we dont have him quantified. 

If Love shows he's got the goods - *maybe* we do move on - fine - but I'd be equally as in favor of holding on to AR if his play remains high.

Does the team think the same way? No clue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Understood....but I dont accept it. The distraction story is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

The generally accepted viewpoint is that this is a contract matter. Fine. Lots of players can have those. AR's not special in that regard.

Hell, he's not even entering his contract year - when its more the norm that these concerns get talked about. However, thats been the least discussed matter.....to the level of never discussed.

Davante's entering his contract year. Other than how AR's situation might affect him - have we heard one peep from him? No.

This "story line" is all contrived BS in my opinion and we're getting played.
Meaning - this "distraction" story will also be BS.

When the AR/GB situation becomes the butt of jokes by other players / people (as was happening during that golf match) - it's gone too far IMO - primarily because AR's done nothing but put out "nuanced" and unclear comments which have fostered the sports/social media machine. I think less of him as a consequence.

Yes - AR gets easier to move after next year. Countless players are probably in the same boat.
But - If AR's play remains high (and I dont mean MVP level high) I think GB would strongly consider sticking with him.

How Russ Ball figures out the contract maze with this evolving/changing cap situation - I've no clue - but AR's a known fixed cost. It's not like we dont have him quantified. 

If Love shows he's got the goods - *maybe* we do move on - fine - but I'd be equally as in favor of holding on to AR if his play remains high.

Does the team think the same way? No clue.

Are you saying you don't believe Rodgers camp leaked the story about him wanting to be traded? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Are you saying you don't believe Rodgers camp leaked the story about him wanting to be traded? 

Two sources for all of this:

AR'S side - or
Media contrivances.
Which it is....impossible to discern. Neither can be believed. 

Regardless - in no world I live in - would a team trade the guy who just won MVP - who's under contract for another 3 years - with a stacked (and paid for.....) roster thats been to two straight NFCGC's - simply because his potential replacement is on the roster and it upsets his sensibilities. 

Love's simply not ready, so that trade would never happen - in the real world.
In the fantasy football and sports/social media world? That potential is manna from heaven.

The GB organization would (rightly in my mind.....) be castigated if they made such a move.

Again - for what reason? AR wants to live in DEN and be next to his bride to be? Tough luck.
Love might eventually replace AR? Happens all time.
Gary might replace Smith. Stokes (could be construed.....) a replacement for Jaire - because Jaire's contract is about to go stratospheric and GB is cutting costs on a tight cap. 

Earlier this year it was all the rage that Wilson wanted out of SEA - would never play for SEA again - here are some target teams.

It was all smoke and mirrors - but for weeks / month it was the daily headline of the sports/social media world - and I bet quite a few SEA fans.

It was all bull****.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ungh.

Here's what we know.  Almost nothing.

You gotta read between the lines, which is dangerous.  Certainly sounds like Rodgers rejected a contract this off-season.  Who knows if it was a re-structure, or flat out extension or both.  But I think we can say that we are pretty certain that he rejected a financial offer from the Packers.

He talked about "people".  Never mentioned his head coach.  I think MLF is safe in that regard.  I think Rodgers wasn't happy about kicking the field goal, but he really hasn't thrown the coach under the bus.

So we've looked at management.  Murphy and Gute.  Kind of missing one guy, Ball.

Could this be as simple as Rodgers not liking the financial offer from Ball?  Then expanding on that, maybe it is Ball who didn't allow Jordy one more season on the payroll at whatever amount was needed?  The would explain the "people" comment.

But again, all speculation.  And Rodgers has said very little.  Murphy has said more, so he's the lightning rod.

Like most things, I have a feeling that this is financial.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leader said:

 

It was all smoke and mirrors - but for weeks / month it was the daily headline of the sports/social media world - and I bet quite a few SEA fans.

It was all bull****.

I'm not trying to argue with you regarding Wilson...but....

Wilson did give Seattle a list of teams that he'd be willing to be traded to.  That much is known.

He's not thrilled.  Neither is Watson.  Neither is Rodgers.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...