Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s a very good point. There’s almost assuredly regression coming. How much is the question. 

I said this before, but I think the stalemate is over 2023. I think GB would make a stronger financial investment on him for next year.  I think he wants 2 extra years of guaranteed and idt GB wants that and rightfully so. 

They have to determine if they'll pay Love his 5th year option before the 2023 season.  I'd think they'd want to see Love in 2022 at some point.  

Of course we are all assuming everything goes smooth for Rodgers.  My guess is if he stays,  he will miss at least some time in the next 2 years.   We may get some Jordan Love ready or not.

Edited by NFLGURU

Figure things out in a couple weeks means going through his little flow chart to see if anything changes.

It’s gonna be something like this:

Do I have any leverage?

No.

Have I done enough to get us past the Championship round based on how much cap space I took from paying defenders or receivers?

No.

Am I sure I don’t have any leverage whatsoever?

Yes.

Have I already complained my way into a new deal two or even three years before the last deal that I signed was complete?

Yes.

Any leverage whatsoever?

No.

Am I the best choice for Jeopardy?

No.

Do I look like the ***hole?

Yes.

Do I have a single ounce of leverage here?

No.

Is the front office going to stick to their guns and let me continue being the bad guy?

Yes.

Did I sign the contract I am playing under?

Yes.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Positive?

Yes.

Will the Packer front office do anything for me so that I can save some face?

No.

Show up for training camp and shut the **** up.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Figure things out in a couple weeks means going through his little flow chart to see if anything changes.

It’s gonna be something like this:

Do I have any leverage?

No.

Have I done enough to get us past the Championship round based on how much cap space I took from paying defenders or receivers?

No.

Am I sure I don’t have any leverage whatsoever?

Yes.

Have I already complained my way into a new deal two or even three years before the last deal that I signed was complete?

Yes.

Any leverage whatsoever?

No.

Am I the best choice for Jeopardy?

No.

Do I look like the ***hole?

Yes.

Do I have a single ounce of leverage here?

No.

Is the front office going to stick to their guns and let me continue being the bad guy?

Yes.

Did I sign the contract I am playing under?

Yes.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Positive?

Yes.

Will the Packer front office do anything for me so that I can save some face?

No.

Show up for training camp and shut the **** up.

Only disagreement I might have is that I think the front office would be willing to give some kind words in a press conference about how Aaron is a brilliant football mind and his opinion is valued.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Only disagreement I might have is that I think the front office would be willing to give some kind words in a press conference about how Aaron is a brilliant football mind and his opinion is valued.

They will also probably say something like hopefully the unusual preparation schedule doesn't impact his play or coordination with his teammates. 

9 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

They will also probably say something like hopefully the unusual preparation schedule doesn't impact his play or coordination with his teammates. 

Which it didnt.....so they'd be correct.

AR shows up for training camp, this entire thing will have been an AR, sports/social media construct. A fantasy.

Countless players are facing similar or more severe contract issues than AR. Why arent we hearing about them? Cause they didnt just win MVP and dont warrant continuous headlines and clicks.

I dont begrudge AR addressing perceived issues with his contract. Every player has that right. What I dont like is he didnt handle it privately. That he traded on his celebrity/notoriety and allowed the organization to be dragged through the mud - made the organization the butt of (unwarranted IMO) jokes and criticism.

Public pressure hasnt move the organization's needle one bit.

GB (apparently) quietly offered AR some kind of amended contract - which he (apparently) rejected. Fine.  It's time to either finalize that offer or move on (i.e. report to training camp and get it going) Put the media tour in the past.

Again - lots of players have contract issues. Few seem as willing as AR to sink their team while addressing them.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Which it didnt.....so they'd be correct.

AR shows up for training camp, this entire thing will have been an AR, sports/social media construct. A fantasy.

Countless players are facing similar or more severe contract issues than AR. Why arent we hearing about them? Cause they didnt just win MVP and dont warrant continuous headlines and clicks.

I dont begrudge AR addressing perceived issues with his contract. Every player has that right. What I dont like is he didnt handle it privately. That he traded on his celebrity/notoriety and allowed the organization to be dragged through the mud - made the organization the butt of (unwarranted IMO) jokes and criticism.

Public pressure hasnt move the organization's needle one bit.

GB (apparently) quietly offered AR some kind of amended contract - which he (apparently) rejected. Fine.  It's time to either finalize that offer or move on (i.e. report to training camp and get it going) Put the media tour in the past.

Again - lots of players have contract issues. Few seem as willing as AR to sink their team while addressing them.

In reasonable terms what could he possibly have issue with? It was a 4 year deal and he has 3 years left. He received a 134 million dollar deal. He received a 57.5 Million dollar bonus with 98.7 million guaranteed. 

His issue is he wants to be guaranteed being the starter until he's ready to retire. It doesn't work that way. Plain and simple! He didn't ask for or receive any clause in his contract that would allow him to be the starter until he decided. He didn't have a clause in his contract that he could be traded where he wants, when he wants and he didn't ask for or receive a right of refusal to being traded somewhere he didn't want to go. 

He needs to STFU and play football or retire!

Aaron Rodgers Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

This year especially though. I truly believe this has a chance to be his best defense he’s ever played with. If Gary and Savage take that likely step, it will be as good as anyone’s in the league. 

IF Barry's F-tier defenses in DET and WAS were an anomaly/product of him simply not having talent to work with.

Regardless, I doubt he'd be foolish enough to call that stupid cover 0 play to end the friggin' half (!) with a trip to the SB on the line (!!), so that's something at least.

Edited by KManX89

23 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

IF Barry's F-tier defenses in DET and WAS were an anomaly/product of him simply not having talent to work with.

Regardless, I doubt he'd be foolish enough to call that stupid cover 0 play to end the friggin' half (!) with a trip to the SB on the line (!!), so that's something at least.

You could see MLF’s frustration with Pettine all year. I’m willing to bet there was a lot of situational discussions during the interview.  I

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

In reasonable terms what could he possibly have issue with? It was a 4 year deal and he has 3 years left. He received a 134 million dollar deal. He received a 57.5 Million dollar bonus with 98.7 million guaranteed.

Applying my Certificate of Completion in Russ Ball's online Capology For Idiots course.......my "off the top of my head" assessment would be he'd want the 98.7M guaranteed - which would probably also guarantee his starting position thru the contract.

If I were him (and I'm not to any that were wondering.....) - that would be the starting point of my negotiations.

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

Applying my Certificate of Completion in Russ Ball's online Capology For Idiots course.......my "off the top of my head" assessment would be he'd want the 98.7M guaranteed - which would probably also guarantee his starting position thru the contract.

If I were him (and I'm not to any that were wondering.....) - that would be the starting point of my negotiations.

He already received ALL of his guaranteed money in his contract! ALL OF IT! 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He already received ALL of his guaranteed money in his contract! ALL OF IT! 

Yes - but he is expecting to get paid in the 3 years remaining - so, as a negotiating stance, he could ask/demand those years be guaranteed as well. No?

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

Yes - but he is expecting to get paid in the 3 years remaining - so, as a negotiating stance, he could ask/demand those years be guaranteed as well. No?

Why would the team agree to that? The whole structure of this contract gave Rodgers the huge up front money to his benefit, specifically so the team had a little flexibility on the back end of it. They agreed to structure it this way and all I see this as is Rodgers trying to leverage his MVP season into a situation where he has his cake and eats it too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

Why would the team agree to that? The whole structure of this contract gave Rodgers the huge up front money to his benefit, specifically so the team had a little flexibility on the back end of it. They agreed to structure it this way and all I see this as is Rodgers trying to leverage his MVP season into a situation where he has his cake and eats it too.

Would they agree to it? I've no clue, but apparently they came up with some new offer. Terms and structure are a mystery to all but GB & AR.

Is AR trying to leverage his MVP season? No doubt.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

He's played ONE year on his FOUR year deal and received 98.7 million dollars. Yes, he can ask for those years to be guaranteed, but the Packers should tell him to go pound sand! They guarantee those years, Jordan Love doesn't see the field during his rookie contract. 

He wants those years guaranteed, play at an MVP level and win a Super Bowl! NO way they get rid of him then.