Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

That was PEAK PERFORMANCE, so I feel like we'd be setting ourselves up to expect it - Rodgers fell off a bit from 2011 to 2012, so I don't think we have to expect him to fall off a cliff or anything but I'd be shocked if he was as good

Was it his peak performance?  I don't know.  I thought he got a little conservative in the later part of the year.  Like he didn't work the middle of the field as much as he did earlier in the year.

I think we all know that Rodgers has the physical skillset to play QB in this system at a very high level for multiple years to come.  But, in order to do that, he has to continue to strengthen those legs and core.  His arm is always going to be there.  It is those wheels that are going to be more difficult to maintain.

And to be fair....he's gonna have a great backfield to lean on.  Dude could be deadly in this offense for the next 3-5 years.  I have no doubt about that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Was it his peak performance?  I don't know.  I thought he got a little conservative in the later part of the year.  Like he didn't work the middle of the field as much as he did earlier in the year.

I think we all know that Rodgers has the physical skillset to play QB in this system at a very high level for multiple years to come.  But, in order to do that, he has to continue to strengthen those legs and core.  His arm is always going to be there.  It is those wheels that are going to be more difficult to maintain.

And to be fair....he's gonna have a great backfield to lean on.  Dude could be deadly in this offense for the next 3-5 years.  I have no doubt about that.

Multiple years to come for Rodgers is 2 to 4 as a top level QB.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's just math - Rodgers knocked it out of the park last season, and like any great QB season (himself in '11, Mahomes in '18, Marino in '84, Brady in '07) he probably won't fall off a cliff, but his numbers are going to go from stuff that ends up in record books to merely All-Pro/Pro Bowl level. Which still means he'll be plenty good. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's just math - Rodgers knocked it out of the park last season, and like any great QB season (himself in '11, Mahomes in '18, Marino in '84, Brady in '07) he probably won't fall off a cliff, but his numbers are going to go from stuff that ends up in record books to merely All-Pro/Pro Bowl level. Which still means he'll be plenty good. 

You bet, plenty good to excellent is how he would play in the system for the next 3-5 years, if he continues to work on his legs and core strength.

Last year we talked a lot about Rodgers play and what it was worth.  Prior to the season.  All Rodgers had to do was vulture a few of those running TD's into passing TD's and he would have excellent numbers.

And he did that.  

2019, Jones had 16 rushing TD's.  Rodgers had 26 TD's.

2020, Jones had 9 rushing TD's.  Rodgers had 48 TD's.

Along the way, Rodgers really increased his completion %.  So to me, his 2020 season was terrific.

But in this offense, we can be balanced and he can still throw for 32-35 TD's and have a completion % around 67-68%.  No doubt.  That strong run game is only going to help him out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Schefter really seems to have it in for the Packers.  F that guy!!!

Yeah, that's what it is, he's got it in for the Packers lol. Y'all catching feelings over that weasel getting scared into getting possibly beat to break a huge story is just as annoying as him. 

It's nothing personal, he just HAS to be the guy that every big story's leak is attached too. Iirc Dunne was saying some **** the day of or before the draft and he got spooked he might not be the one to break it and he wasn't having that. It's nothing to do with anything else, at least that's my read. 

• Like 3

Watching ESPN still update the Rodgers situation every 15 minutes is just fantastic to me. It's like they just want to will him not playing for us into existence or something lol

Oh we reported he won't return, we have to make sure we were right!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

Watching ESPN still update the Rodgers situation every 15 minutes is just fantastic to me. It's like they just want to will him not playing for us into existence or something lol

Oh we reported he won't return, we have to make sure we were right!

This situation aside, I stopped watching ESPN due to this style of reporting. You break a major story and nothing happens for days, yet you can't stop giving speculation about an update when said story is probably a simple open-n-shut event.

It's the sign of a slow news day/week.

1 hour ago, FAH1223 said:

Rumor gong around that he will be in Milwaukee for Game 6 of the Finals

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I better tune into that.

I have a friend who will be at the game.  If Rodgers is put up on the screen, I'm gonna want audio of the crowd to see if there are boos or cheers.  

I'll bet if Rodgers is there, he will be in a luxury box.

If not, I hope he's worked on his beer chugging skills.  He pounds a beer Bakhtiari style, the crowd is gonna go nuts.

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If not, I hope he's worked on his beer chugging skills.  He pounds a beer Bakhtiari style, the crowd is gonna go nuts.

If there's anyone in world history who would work on beer chugging after being shown up in public, it's Rodgers. 

• Like 3

On 7/7/2021 at 2:21 PM, incognito_man said:

Jordan Love was 9 when Rodgers took over for Favre.

1000 incog points to whoever can name the 9 year old (in 2021) that will take over for Love in 2035.

On 7/7/2021 at 10:20 PM, Arthur Penske said:

Kind of a reach to assume the world is still going by 2035 tbh.

In all seriousness, it will be Parker Favre in 2035.

• Like 1