Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -   Let’s be real. Short of Rodgers releasing a statement that he possesses proof that Mark Murphy and Brian Gutekunst knowingly participated in the ritualistic killing of kittens, he’s being a gigantic baby if he doesn’t show up next week.

:)

• Jack Wepfer -   This is the sentiment—almost to a T—of pretty much every person/fan I talk to (aka non-Twitter sentiment). Like it or not, Rodgers is losing this PR battle.

Yeah. Even those who follow it closely, clearly have no clue what AR's grievance is.......this is where his silence is hurting him actually. Not sure why he has not said anything.

All his friends and he himself pretty much said what that grievance is but his silence has caused a lot of unnecessary confusion imo.

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think you have to go back to the hiring of MLF and the "Don't be the Problem" from Murphy.  Remember the will Rodgers get along with the new coach phase?  Rodgers was coming off some down years for him, and it was around that time they drafted Love.  My opinion is I think the Packers think Rodgers had gotten a little too big for his britches with the McCarthy thing and a slight decline in his play at the time was why they drafted Love..  

Rodgers has become the aunt who brings the greatest pie in the world to the family outing, but becomes so annoying you can't wait until she leaves.  

The only hope for a successful season is if Rodgers gets a Us vs Management approach involving other players.  It might work short term, but its not a good thing for the organization long term.

LOVE that analogy.  

No pun intended...

6 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Yeah. Even those who follow it closely, clearly have no clue what AR's grievance is.......this is where his silence is hurting him actually. Not sure why he has not said anything.

You're AR. How would you express it?

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think you have to go back to the hiring of MLF and the "Don't be the Problem" from Murphy.  Remember the will Rodgers get along with the new coach phase?  Rodgers was coming off some down years for him, and it was around that time they drafted Love.  My opinion is I think the Packers think Rodgers had gotten a little too big for his britches with the McCarthy thing and a slight decline in his play at the time was why they drafted Love. 

I think Murphy's comments were warranted.

They'd just hired a first time / rookie coach who was younger than QB1 who over the course of years had silently (read: passive aggressively) slipped the knife into MM to where he was sent packing.

Not saying it wasnt time for MM's departure - but the media machine of rumor, innuendo and negative comments had worked. MM was identified by many in the national/social media as "the problem." 

Murphy was creating a firewall for his new hire - responsibly so IMO.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I think Murphy's comments were warranted.

They'd just hired a first time / rookie coach who was younger than QB1 who over the course of years had silently (read: passive aggressively) slipped the knife into MM to where he was sent packing.

Not saying it wasnt time for MM's departure - but the media machine of rumor, innuendo and negative comments had worked. MM was identified by many in the national/social media as "the problem." 

Murphy was creating a firewall for his new hire - responsibly so IMO.

Agree.  Murphy did the right thing for the organization and MLFs ability to get started.  I'm not sure Rodgers hasn't crept into MLFs decisions at times to some degree, but thats another discussion.

PS.  Rodgers certainly didnt influence MLF on 4th down vs Tampa, which may have some small part in this issue?

Edited by NFLGURU

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree.  Murphy did the right thing for the organization and MLFs ability to get started.  I'm not sure Rodgers hasn't crept into MLFs decisions at times to some degree, but thats another discussion.

The most recent example of AR dodging responsibility and letting it fall on others was the recent "Jeopardy moment" where he was portrayed by the contestant as a victim of MLF's lack of trust -  i.e. kicking the FG.

Whether for laughs (read: entertainment) or it actually represents his style (which I lend more credence to....): AR let that narrative play out over sports/social media for days.

Gone - was any discussion of AR's inability to get the offense over the hump and when facing a one or done situation - MLF chose the safer course.

Nope. The Packers lost because MLF didnt keep the ball in the hands of his first ballot HOF QB.

AR's sly....but not transparent.

Edited by Leader

17 hours ago, Leader said:

I missed that one entirely. What's the inference from him drinking grape soda after beating the Vikings?

17 hours ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Grape Crush Soda, as in they "crushed" the Vikings. He did it in his presser after they beat them at TCF Stadium in like 2014. 

Straight baller move.

http://images.footballguys.com/Dropbox/Random%20Shots%20-%20Shared/14-13-gb-rodgers.png

Just now, vegas492 said:

Straight baller move.

For some perhaps. I neither care or pay attention to what athletes are drinking.
We beat the Vikings....always a good thing.....AR's drinking Grape Crush soda. Dont remember seeing it and dont think it would have moved the needle for me if I did.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

I would be a man and say what was on my mind.   

Oh I agree - but in the court of public opinion it could/would be a bit more dicey for him should he say (in some form or fashion....) "I may be under contract for 3 more years....and pulling down top coin....but I'd like greater guarantees in my contract going forward that would / could preclude the team from trading me......because as everybody knows, I live and breath to retire a Packer....or....give me right of first refusal to a number of teams"

Reporter: "But AR, you're looking for guarantees you could have negotiated before you signed the extension.....and, you're looking for guarantees the vast majority....dare I say any.....of your teammates dont have"

AR: "Yeah....but I'm AR" 

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh I agree - but in the court of public opinion it could/would be a bit more dicey for him should he say (in some form or fashion....) "I may be under contract for 3 more years....and pulling down top coin....but I'd like greater guarantees in my contract going forward that would / could preclude the team from trading me......because as everybody knows, I live and breath to retire a Packer....or....give me right of first refusal to a number of teams"

Reporter: "But AR, you're looking for guarantees you could have negotiated before you signed the extension.....and, you're looking for guarantees the vast majority....dare I say any.....of your teammates dont have"

AR: "Yeah....but I'm AR" 

Or just come out and say "I want to stay in Green Bay past next year".   He would have gotten the fans on his side.  Not debunking the trade requests and wanting people fired reports didn't help his cause.

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Or just come out and say "I want to stay in Green Bay past next year".   He would have gotten the fans on his side.  Not debunking the trade requests and wanting people fired reports didn't help his cause.

Which would be fine.  The guy's under contract for 3 more years.

Although it's financially easier for GB to move on from him after this season - there's absolutely no guarantee GB intends to do so.

It's quite possible GB's holding his feet to the fire a bit. The drafting of Love certainly worked to get ARs attention to the details of his craft. Maintaining his status as a potential trade option going forward - which *every other* GB players faces - could help him maintain his level of play - in which case, I say GB could stick with him.

Why not? Maybe not for all three seasons but nobodies guaranteed to see the end of their contract. Nobody.
Their cost relative to their production will determine that.