Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

53 minutes ago, Leader said:

You're AR. How would you express it?

I’ve won a Super Bowl and I play in such a way as to make my TD:INT ratio look otherworldly in comparison to other quarterbacks.  This has hurt my team in a couple post-season games.  I’ve also taken up as much as I am worth in cap space, but don’t understand that if I do that, that’s less money and thus less quality for 52 other players on the team.  As such, I have not won a Super Bowl in ten years while Tom Brady, who has taken less than he is worth, has won four in that same timeframe.

I am mad because I keep asking for new deals that make the Packers incapable of adding enough talent to help me win another Super Bowl.  I am a little *****.

• Like 4

Frankly I am getting very weary of this soap opera.  I believe AR secretly loves all this drama.  It causes folks to talk about him.  TC is next week, Aaron.  It is time to **** or get off the pot.  😠

• Like 2

Question.....perhaps a Bucks fan or someone up on their activities could answer this.

AR's a minority owner in the Bucks. In what % I've no clue - but how much do you think the current GM includes AR in pending personnel decisions?

1 hour ago, JaireAlex said:

Yeah. Even those who follow it closely, clearly have no clue what AR's grievance is.......this is where his silence is hurting him actually. Not sure why he has not said anything.

All his friends and he himself pretty much said what that grievance is but his silence has caused a lot of unnecessary confusion imo.

He lives in a bubble in CA! All of the people around him are no more than an echo chamber. They do not understand the hard working people in 'fly over country'. When he turns on the TV all he hears from the talking heads is how Green Bay is wrong and they need to bow to the King. 

The fans are saying, 'off with the King's head!" "Long live the new King, Jordan Love!"

I would almost guarantee you Rodgers has no idea he's losing the PR battle here. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Frankly I am getting very weary of this soap opera.  I believe AR secretly loves all this drama.  It causes folks to talk about him.  TC is next week, Aaron.  It is time to **** or get off the pot.  😠

It's so silly .. just petty nonsense from 12.  His inability to just plainly say what he means is maddening.  I'm ready for the Packers to move on and begin the Love Show.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Question.....perhaps a Bucks fan or someone up on their activities could answer this.

AR's a minority owner in the Bucks. In what % I've no clue - but how much do you think the current GM includes AR in pending personnel decisions?

I read that he is a 1% owner.  He has 0% input on the team and how it is run.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I miss the days when breaking news was breaking news and not breaking speculation of someone who heard something and thinks this or thought that.

Breaking news is like breaking wind....Some are indifferent but the majority is turned off by it....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

21 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Breaking news is like breaking wind....Some are indifferent but the majority is turned off by it....

I remember when ESPN was the Sports News Network...not the Drama Network. The good ole days!

2 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

I remember when ESPN was the Sports News Network...not the Drama Network. The good ole days!

True.....but back then they owned the entire ranch. Everybody tuned into them for content.
Now....they're competing with *numerous* outlets......so the drama quotient needs to go up.

I can’t help but wonder how this conversation would be going and have gone had they finished the job and won it this year when most of the fan base felt like was a year they needed to. Rodgers would have much more public support and there would be a lot more fans advocating giving him what he wants that’s all I know for sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

He's like a 1% owner. He gets zero input. 

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I can’t help but wonder how this conversation would be going and have gone had they finished the job and won it this year when most of the fan base felt like was a year they needed to. Rodgers would have much more public support and there would be a lot more fans advocating giving him what he wants that’s all I know for sure. 

Winning cures everything. This whole saga probably never even happens if we win it all. Instead, we lost to the guy who (in Rodgers' eyes) got the things last year that he thinks the FO here has denied him for years (player input, a flood of talent at WR, etc.). That was only fuel to the fire. 

• Like 1

Man it's been so much fun to enjoy the Bucks run and put all this crap on the back burner. I'm glad camp is around the corner and I honestly don't care if he's there. If there is truly only going to be one more year with Aaron at the helm for the Packers than I'm fine with Love getting all the camp and pre-season. 12 can show up for week one in NO and it won't bother me. He is still our best chance to win the title this upcoming season. If that is the way it ends than let Love get the offseason he didn't get last year, and wouldn't get if Rodgers was here.

• Like 1

The psychology of AR seems fairly easy to interpret.  He’s won at the highest levels (SB, MVP, etc), he’s been talked about as a GOAT, won ESPY’s, dated superstars, is mega-wealthy, co-owns an NBA franchise.  In his mind, he feels “entitled” to have an important seat at every table everywhere, including GB.  That’s where the problem is - he has legit clout everywhere he goes except for making personnel decisions about himself and others in GB.

If he could just get his head wrapped around not being privileged in that one context, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

• Like 1