Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

I understand not everyone is a fan of all the Wisconsin sports teams across the board, but man am I personally so glad that the Bucks pulled it off. I now basically do not care if Rodgers shows up or not. If we move to Love, whether we win 4 or 14 games, I'll feel like I got my share of sports fortune this year. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

I understand not everyone is a fan of all the Wisconsin sports teams across the board, but man am I personally so glad that the Bucks pulled it off. I now basically do not care if Rodgers shows up or not. If we move to Love, whether we win 4 or 14 games, I'll feel like I got my share of sports fortune this year. 

same. this makes up for my anticipated 2021 GB Packer letdown. I have more faith in the brewers to win the world series with their pitching than GB to win a super bowl

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Isherwood said:

While the bucks are great and I like Giannas.. NFL is king. NBA is nothing compared to it.

8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

While the bucks are great and I like Giannas.. NFL is king. NBA is nothing compared to it.

As much as I agree it's much easier to win a superbowl in today's NFL then in today's NBA as a Wisconsin team. What the Bucks did is simply amazing.

Plus your selling the NBA a little short. Spend some time overseas and you will see just how popular the NBA is compared to the NFL. 

Edited by Spartacus

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

same. this makes up for my anticipated 2021 GB Packer letdown. I have more faith in the brewers to win the world series with their pitching than GB to win a super bowl

I'm with you. I wanted Giannis to get one so damn bad. 

16 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

The psychology of AR seems fairly easy to interpret.  He’s won at the highest levels (SB, MVP, etc), he’s been talked about as a GOAT, won ESPY’s, dated superstars, is mega-wealthy, co-owns an NBA franchise.  In his mind, he feels “entitled” to have an important seat at every table everywhere, including GB.  That’s where the problem is - he has legit clout everywhere he goes except for making personnel decisions about himself and others in GB.

If he could just get his head wrapped around not being privileged in that one context, we wouldn’t be where we are today.

The problem is he thinks other QB's are getting a seat at that table, which they aren't. I guarantee you Brady never had any say in NE. Now, Tampa Bay may have bowed to him on a few players. Russell Wilson had the same complaint, no seat at the table. You think Mahomes is giving input? I think he came out and said he doesn't ask or want any. 

Rodgers is an *******! Packer fans need to come to grips with that and they'll understand where management is with his clown show. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The problem is he thinks other QB's are getting a seat at that table, which they aren't. I guarantee you Brady never had any say in NE. Now, Tampa Bay may have bowed to him on a few players. Russell Wilson had the same complaint, no seat at the table. You think Mahomes is giving input? I think he came out and said he doesn't ask or want any. 

Rodgers is an *******! Packer fans need to come to grips with that and they'll understand where management is with his clown show. 

Interesting thought.  Stephan A Smith (idiot) went into a rant saying he thinks Rodgers wants a say in how the team is run, who they sign, etc. and should be able to.  You just can't have the prisoners running the jail ... period.  If he and Rodgers are thinking the same, it just isn't going to happen - and shouldn't.   

I never thought back in April I would get here, but I honestly do not care if he shows or not.  If he’s there next week, great, let’s ride- if not, I hope he sits out the entire season.  This high school drama stuff has gone on long enough.

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

As much as I agree it's much easier to win a superbowl in today's NFL then in today's NBA as a Wisconsin team. What the Bucks did is simply amazing.

Plus your selling the NBA a little short. Spend some time overseas and you will see just how popular the NBA is compared to the NFL. 

I've spent time overseas and its great. But I don't really care what they like for sports. If i wanted to like sports based on what's popular in other countries, I'd go with soccer.

Edited by Arthur Penske

On 7/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, Leader said:

True.....but back then they owned the entire ranch. Everybody tuned into them for content.
Now....they're competing with *numerous* outlets......so the drama quotient needs to go up.

And like CNN, they're doing the 24 hours/day coverage...And to a consumer, who's already overstimulated and oversaturated with up to the minute information....

I try to avoid extremes here when it comes to Rodgers (or any other player for that matter) "having a say." One extreme is to suggest that Rodgers gets to make roster decisions relative to cuts, player acquisitions, etc. The other extreme is to suggest Rodgers should never be allowed to express his opinion to the Head Coach/Front Office on these roster decisions.  So while we don't know for certain what happened behind closed doors, if Rodgers attempted to speak directly to Gute about his opinions on roster decisions and was ignored by Gute or told "nunya business", then that is terrible player relations on Gute's part. On the other hand, if Gute did/does welcome and receive Rodgers input on roster decisions but just dedides to go a different direction, then Rodgers just has to accept that since it's his job/responsibility to play football, not set the roster.

2 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

I try to avoid extremes here when it comes to Rodgers (or any other player for that matter) "having a say." One extreme is to suggest that Rodgers gets to make roster decisions relative to cuts, player acquisitions, etc. The other extreme is to suggest Rodgers should never be allowed to express his opinion to the Head Coach/Front Office on these roster decisions.  So while we don't know for certain what happened behind closed doors, if Rodgers attempted to speak directly to Gute about his opinions on roster decisions and was ignored by Gute or told "nunya business", then that is terrible player relations on Gute's part. On the other hand, if Gute did/does welcome and receive Rodgers input on roster decisions but just dedides to go a different direction, then Rodgers just has to accept that since it's his job/responsibility to play football, not set the roster.

I couldn't disagree with you more on this. IT is none of Rodgers business who stays or who goes. Those decisions have more implications than just the best 53 right now (Kumerow in Rodgers opinion). It has to do with cap space, developing talent, special teams capabilities. The list goes on. 

Rodgers is the quarterback, Gute is the GM and LaFleur is the coach. The only person Gute should be discussing those things with is LaFleur and MAYBE the cap guy. 

It's like the LeBron meme, "shut up and dribble!" Aaron need to shut up and play quarterback. If that doesn't suit him any longer, than sit home. 

• Like 1