Jump to content

Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay


Recommended Posts

Football this season would instantaneously become more exciting if Rodgers retired.

We could legitimately win the Super Bowl In 2022 if Rodgers retires or gets traded this year.

Only way we win the Super Bowl in 2022 is if Rodgers plays this year and next.

We cannot win this year or next year if Rodgers gets traded next year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I mean if he wants to destroy his legacy in Green Bay to the point where he's labeled as a quitter and may not even be able to walk back into Lambeau to retire his number down the road without a negative reaction from fans...yea I guess go ahead and retire 12.

Time tends to heal all wounds! I think he'd be embraced. He would be in the Hall of Fame by then as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least Pippen and Jordan can talk about the 6 World Championships they won.  🙄

They'll call the documentary on the 2021 Packers, The Last Stance. 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m down for one last dance, full of intrigue and drama. I honestly don’t care if it all blows up, as long as it’s entertaining. I wouldn’t normally feel this way, as I detest the off-field drama of sports, but then again, if it was all going to end next season anyway? It might be fun to watch a season of spiteful players playing for themselves and one another while resenting management, as misplaced as I personally think that is. 
 

What I’m saying is, for this year I’m going to intentionally become a messy ***** who loves drama. Then bring on the Jordan Love years and hopefully some stability again. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Football this season would instantaneously become more exciting if Rodgers retired.

We could legitimately win the Super Bowl In 2022 if Rodgers retires or gets traded this year.

Only way we win the Super Bowl in 2022 is if Rodgers plays this year and next.

We cannot win this year or next year if Rodgers gets traded next year.

 

???

You never know what will happen but I would say we are around 10 times more likely to win the super bowl in 2021 with Rodgers than we win it in 2022 with Love after we trade Rodgers this year.

With Rodgers we have a legit shot of winning it this year (we were close last season and brought everyone back). 

Its hugely speculative to say we would have a shot in 2022 with Love. Its possible but unlikely.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Well, at least Pippen and Jordan can talk about the 6 World Championships they won.  🙄

They'll call the documentary on the 2021 Packers, The Last Stance. 

 

😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Brandt -   Of course Aaron does not want to retire. He would "retire" to try to cause enough angst in the Packers front office to move him off of their Reserve/Retired list. The Packers, I have always believed, want one more year before turning to Love. Will he upset that plan? We'll see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Brandt -  I worked in the Packers front office for ten years. I am glad I don't work there anymore. #drama

///

I'll add one:  #socialmedia

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think Rodgers will retire soon.  Too much coin to leave on the table.  I do think we'll see some "Im just here  so I won get fined" approach at times this year though.  

The most important thing for the 2021 Packers isn't necessarily Rodgers performance  (they should do well), its Loves development and progress behind the scenes.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Brandt -  What could happen:

- Aaron says he is done in GB.
- Packers adamant, not trading Aaron.

And then......we have a true player empowerment moment in the Business of Sports.

Who will blink first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt -  What could happen:

- Aaron says he is done in GB.
- Packers adamant, not trading Aaron.

And then......we have a true player empowerment moment in the Business of Sports.

Who will blink first.

It happened in Detroit when Calvin Johnson retired. He asked to be traded, the team said no and he said goodbye and retired. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...