Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

Even if true, I seriously doubt Rodgers would cop to wanting that level of guaranteed money.

Mr. "It's About The People" would be seriously exposed.

If he shows up, I guess he's have to go in front of reporters at some point. I hope someone asks and gets him on the record about that. I'd be interested to hear his comments.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Even if true, I seriously doubt Rodgers would cop to wanting that level of guaranteed money.

If he shows up, I guess he's have to go in front of reporters at some point. I hope someone asks and gets him on the record about that. I'd be interested to hear his comments.

It won't matter. He will answer the question cryptically but not confirm or deny anything.

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It won't matter. He will answer the question cryptically but not confirm or deny anything.

“Well, Jason (Wilde), I just meant that there are people in charge and they have a job to do and I understand that but they maybe forgot what it was like to be in a locker room or be on a football field with your brothers. I don’t harbor any ill will and I accept my beautiful mystery for another year. Namaste. *prayer hands*”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If true, and with today's media that's far from a given, then what Rodgers is really saying in big, bold, bright letters is...

"I DON'T WANT TO WIN A SUPER BOWL"

or he could be saying

"I DON'T THINK WE CAN GET TO THE SUPER BOWL"

Which is just as plausible....

7 hours ago, Leader said:

I think Rodgers would be interested to hear his comments.

10 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

or he could be saying

"I DON'T THINK WE CAN GET TO THE SUPER BOWL"

Which is just as plausible....

Which is funny because us getting to the SB solely hinges on him coming through in clutch situations in an oh I dunno, NFC Championship game. Which he hasn’t done in 4 straight occasions. If he truly blames the FO for his failures in big games then he is truly lost. 

• Like 2

Rodgers wants out of Green Bay................or does he ?

Many of those that commented on whether Rodgers is leaving Green Bay have a baked-in assumption that he knows what he wants, but here is another take. Even he does not know if he wants to stay or not.

What many of us take as him playing games with the front office might actually be him tasting the idea of a change or retirement. He put his dissatisfaction out there so it becomes public and because it IS public, it pushes him to making one decision or another, makes him consider the alternatives over time, so he can resolve the 'stay or go' question.

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double.

He did say he was concentrating on the internal this year.

Also, because he is (as Murphy said) a complicated fella, his stance can also serve as a passive-aggressive knock on the front office, a thing he may well get satisfaction from, a little schadenfreude. Even guys that knew him well are split on whether he goes or stays, maybe that is because he himself hasn't made a firm decision.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

10 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Rodgers wants out of Green Bay................or does he ?

Many of those that commented on whether Rodgers is leaving Green Bay have a baked-in assumption that he knows what he wants, but here is another take. Even he does not know if he wants to stay or not.

What many of us take as him playing games with the front office might actually be him tasting the idea of a change or retirement. He put his dissatisfaction out there so it becomes public and because it IS public, it pushes him to making one decision or another, makes him consider the alternatives over time, so he can resolve the 'stay or go' question.

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double.

He did say he was concentrating on the internal this year.

Also, because he is (as Murphy said) a complicated fella, his stance can also serve as a passive-aggressive knock on the front office, a thing he may well get satisfaction from, a little schadenfreude. Even guys that knew him well are split on whether he goes or stays, maybe that is because he himself hasn't made a firm decision.

This is an interesting take, and not one without merit, though I think he is forcing things a little more than letting an "invisible hand" decide for him. I do think he's looking for GB to resolve the issue one way or another vs. him doing it by conceding. My gut tells me that he would accept a long term deal that takes him past Love's contract or he would accept a trade to a relatively competitive AFC team. Obviously GB doesn't want to give up on Love, but that's the "scalp" he's looking for. ("And I want my scalps" - Brad Pitt) Because he has no real choice and the decision is in the org's hand, he can only force so much to happen. i.e. turning down that reported 2 year extension presumably because the guarantees weren't there. But he does want a decision to be made for him, because that's how he preserves his legacy while also getting what he wants. He wants to be able to say the team ultimately split with him, not him with them. Then the fans can't blame him as much, or so he thinks. 

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If they think they are Scottie and MIchael, they are both delusional.

They aren't even this....

Giannis Praises Khris Middleton After Bucks' Game 3 Win: 'He's Special for  a Reason' | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Michael and Scottie WON 5 Championships!

Aaron and Tae have one 0 championships together. 

To think they are anywhere near the 'Last Dance' is comical.  I'm sure his future mother-in-law is all in. We should ask Stephen A. Smith?!?!

I'll admit it, feeling a little salty this morning. Came back from the lake to find broken AC and a house at 88 degrees.  Life...what a **** bowl.