Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Whose ready for another 3 more years of Rodgers in GB?

I'm good either way.  3 years.

I'm not good with letting him play this year and then tell GB who his next team will be.  He's either all in, or all out.

None of this in-between stuff.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But the discussion YOU responded to was in regards to Brady being on Jordan's level.

And all I said was the reason I thought the Giants won.  That's all. Didnt mention the Jordan vs Brady matter once.

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

What an earthshaking, no kidding news break From Ian ... Rodgers intends to play.  LOL - a whole summer of this and nothing has changed a bit.  What a bunch of saps we are to follow this crap.

I don’t know how many times people have to fall for the same mistakes over and over. The amount of hate, pettiness and over reaction in this thread has been for practically  nothing. 

Rodgers agrees to cut his cap hit down to 12%.

Packers respond by trading their first round pick next year for somebody (receiver probably).

That way it looks like a give and a take.  Both sides save face.

With Aaron’s cap hit dropping a full 10%, the Packers win the Super Bowl in spite of the player they traded for getting sent to IR in week 4.

Defense carries team to the Super Bowl win.

Rodgers gets traded for two first round draft picks plus a player.

Packers go far in Love’s first year thanks to a stacked team.

Love wins in his second year as a starter.

Demands too much in response, but was only really good (30/10 range).

Packers learn the value of team over QB.  They trade Love for two firsts.

New QB wins Super Bowl in second year as a starter.

All of the NFL now sees how overrated and crippling quarterbacks become.

QB contracts plummet.

One QB sees this and likes the farming and hunting and bird house building life.  Takes 2% of the cap each year.  Wins 12 Super Bowls in a 14 year career.

Tom Brady forever remembered as the man who open mouth kisses his son.

Aaron Rodgers is divorced from his perineum bleached wife and watches Jeopardy as a forgotten Packer with only two Super Bowl rings as the Packers celebrate Super Bowl number win number 22.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not good with letting him play this year and then tell GB who his next team will be.  He's either all in, or all out.

I'm not good with three more  years! If they do that trade Love after this year. IMO, we never get over the hump with Rodgers consuming that much of the cap! 

With you 100% if they make '22 and '23 voidable years in his deal and he can just walk. It would be time to clean house in the front office if it played out that way. 

I wouldn't even guarantee his destination (region of the country) he wants to land. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, MaryTsraining3s said:

I think this is the gist of it: Rodgers wanted to retire a Packer. He had stated that multiple times how much it would mean to him. The front office took a quarterback in the first round as they just made the NFC championship game, putting the "writing on the wall" (in Rodgers mind at least) that his future is not in his control, or that he won't be playing the aniticipated number of years for the Packers that he wanted.

Did you know drafting LOVE was not even the on the radar - the 2 WR's the Packers targeted in the 1st in 2020 were gone and they had Love rated at 15 and so they drafted up and took him. Rodgers s the one who refused to restructure to allow the Packers to keep him longer but he declined which is his choice. now the team is almost forced to trade him next year unless he is willing to restructure. in many ways its up to him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Rodgers agrees to cut his cap hit down to 12%.

Packers respond by trading their first round pick next year for somebody (receiver probably).

That way it looks like a give and a take.  Both sides save face.

With Aaron’s cap hit dropping a full 10%, the Packers win the Super Bowl in spite of the player they traded for getting sent to IR in week 4.

Defense carries team to the Super Bowl win.

Rodgers gets traded for two first round draft picks plus a player.

Packers go far in Love’s first year thanks to a stacked team.

Love wins in his second year as a starter.

Demands too much in response, but was only really good (30/10 range).

Packers learn the value of team over QB.  They trade Love for two firsts.

New QB wins Super Bowl in second year as a starter.

All of the NFL now sees how overrated and crippling quarterbacks become.

QB contracts plummet.

One QB sees this and likes the farming and hunting and bird house building life.  Takes 2% of the cap each year.  Wins 12 Super Bowls in a 14 year career.

Tom Brady forever remembered as the man who open mouth kisses his son.

Aaron Rodgers is divorced from his perineum bleached wife and watches Jeopardy as a forgotten Packer with only two Super Bowl rings as the Packers celebrate Super Bowl number win number 22.

Do you happen to write fictional books? That was entertaining!

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But the discussion YOU responded to was in regards to Brady being on Jordan's level.  

You bring up the Giants team.  If Brady (and his team) were like Jordan, no way do they lose to a Giants team.

You wanna say that football is unlike basketball (one game versus a series), I agree.  I certainly do not think that Giants team beats New England 4 out of 7 times.  Also, very much agree that one person in basketball affects the game much more than one person in football.

But the Patriots didn't get any free throws simply because they had Brady.  NBA refs certainly cater to stars more than any other, except for maybe Barry Bonds in baseball.

41 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He's close.  Jordan never lost in a Championship Game, though.  That's the difference to me.  (One person influences an NBA outcome more than an NFL player, will totally concede that point as well.)

Losing earlier in the playoffs: Fine

Losing in the Finals: unforgivable

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Losing earlier in the playoffs: Fine

Losing in the Finals: unforgivable

Where does taking a year and a half off to play baseball rank? wink, wink! I think he was suspended for gambling but the NBA didn't want to announce it that way. I am a conspiracy theorist though. 

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

That's where I'm at. 

Trade him so the cry babies that hate him can aim their hatred at Adams or he's back for 3 more years carrying the offense.  That will allow those cry babies to again throw 100% of the blame for the losses at his feet. 

Without Rodgers here, who would they put 100% of the blame on the losses on?  Surely not the front office as they've got a 100% success rate in some poster's eyes.  

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Amen brother