Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

If you could guarantee that and there were no other potential outcome? Sure.

But that's never a guarantee so you have to build your team in a way to optimize that outcome. And, yes, Aaron is a part of that for this season, the Packers still need to build a team around him now that can do that (and Cobb does not show an obvious way he'd do that) and in the future. Plus, you can only make so many concessions to someone to appease them.  No matter the talent level. Most of the ones brought up are pretty reasonable. But the Packers can and should draw a line somewhere.

Obviously there is no guarantee, but a Jordan Love lead team with a disgruntled Adam’s would be just plain sad to watch this year. We go from a MAYBE .500 team to an NFCCG favorite now. I’ll take it. 

Edited by Siman08/OH

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Where are you getting all these personnel moves from? Are the Texans on record saying they dont want him?

They gonna pay an old guy $8 million for 30 receptions? I thought y’all were armchair  GMs? Lol

Just now, Leader said:

Dude.....we've been winning for quite awhile - and doing so by NOT mortgaging the future.

Our failures in the NFCCG's come down failures of individual players to execute key plays. Thats it. We wouldnt have made them better at their job by being upside down on the cap.

Look at New Orleans. They burned thru their cash and mortgaged their future. What did it get them? Nada but debt.

Agree.  Why are we drafting Love and Dillon?  Do we actually need them?  No, but Gute is responsible for keeping this team good for the long haul.   If you cant build a dynasty. Build a team that can contend every year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Siman08/OH said:

Obviously there is no guarantee, but a Jordan Love lead team with a disgruntled Adam’s would be just plain sad to watch this year. We go from a MAYBE .500 team to an NFCCG favorite now. I’ll take it. 

Adam's is not disgruntled. Thats a figment of social media. He's in process of negotiating an extension.
Whether we can afford his pricetag is questionable - and will become moreso the more debt we pass on to future years - but - he's not disgruntled.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Adam's is not disgruntled. Thats a figment of social media. He's in process of negotiating an extension.
Whether we can afford his pricetag is questionable - and will become moreso the more debt we pass on to future years - but - he's not disgruntled.

Of course he’s not, he knows he has Rodgers back now for one more year, probably gonna break Randy Moss’s TD record then sign a record breaking deal for a WR. Mark that down now too, 7/27/21 by Siman.

Funny thing is, if Rodgers enjoys this year it might be with us. 

Just now, Siman08/OH said:

….because we’ve had a HOF QB. Definitely not because of Gute. 

Oh...okay. So AR's put the GB roster together eh? Then why all the angst about his lack of involvement in personnel decisions. I've gotta go. This day is done.

Just now, Leader said:

Oh...okay. So AR's put the GB roster together eh? Then why all the angst about his lack of involvement in personnel decisions. I've gotta go. This day is done.

Well, if I remember correctly, the **roster** is the reason WHY we havnt won 3-4 Super Bowls. I mean that’s what this board has been saying since 2011. That’s a fact. Defense this, Bostic that, Kevin’s King, yadda yadda.

Were in this perennial winning position because of Rodgers. Not the “roster” or the “salary cap”.

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

If the deal is anything close to what is being reported this is pretty much a 90/10 "real win" for GB.

Agreed

It's really more about Rodgers setting aside his emotions and seeing that GB is his best opportunity (besides San Fran) this year. Sitting out is not a good option for him on many levels. Gotta make the best of it. He never held any cards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siman08/OH said:

Yeah I’m sure your fun at parties too

I try... Rodgers opens himself up for memes and public comments because of the childish way he handled this situation over the summer, just like Favre.

if he is comfortable playing those types of games... he needs to understand why there is the strong narrative about him being thin skinned.

2 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

….because we’ve had a HOF QB. Definitely not because of Gute.

we've had 2 hall of Fame QBs and both have been primary reasons why we've "only" won 2 SBs, there have been a lot of good squads in that 30 year span, squads capable of winning it all if things break right. Both Favre and Rodgers were responsible for some of the most heartbreaking playoff exits.

Do you want the decades long streak of great QB play to continue or not? I'd much rather have what we have than one Superbowl followed by a trainwreck for ten years straight to answer your earlier question. You say we don't know how good we have it, but we do and that's the kind of success the team is trying to maintain they know what it takes.

The successor has to be found at some point, whether it's love or not and that's so important the gm was willing to risk public immolation.

Edited by ifeelasleep

15 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

Do you want the decades long streak of great QB play to continue or not? I'd much rather have what we have than one Superbowl followed by a trainwreck for ten years straight to answer your earlier question. You say we don't know how good we have it, but we do and that's the kind of success the team is trying to maintain they know what it takes.

That sentiment seems fine and dandy the first year, when you win the Superbowl, then it's a whole, endless year of sucking, then another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another - with no surety we are much better after that. 

I'd rather leave that monkey's paw alone, have a team that is regularly hitting postseason, and take my chances that they might go all the way sometime.

• Like 1