Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

We had a great team last year, and it's going to be unlikely we stay as healthy season long as we did last year.  Ol Rodg left 3 TD's on the field that were sitting there waiting to be made in his last game, that had more to do with our losing against the Bucs than any other one thing.  We need Rodg to play better in the big games.  1-4 in NFC Championship games and 1-7 in playoff games where we are behind at half time isn't cutting it.  Maybe he can tighten his bun and wear it under his helmet, that might do the trick.  They won't let him wear flip flops.

That being said the team is improved yet again, at least on paper.  I really like our draft picks, rooks ready to contribute right away in the multiple.  Really like our off ball LB add.  Young players who weren't quite ready last year now closer to being so.  Bucs are the favorites in the NFC but we are right there with them.

18 minutes ago, R T said:

Angry middle age guy who feels suppressed by the higher ranking authorities in the military life he has chosen. Uses forums to let off steam to keep from snapping and killing everyone on his base. I thank him for serving our nation.  

Not even close dude, and such a trash human being thing to say.  Such blatant disrespect is pretty sickening.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Okay you got me now.. What does this word mean lol

Nowacrat:  All-in for win-now. 

(A Nowacrat would be OK to trade future draft picks for present players; to draft prioritize who-can-help-most-as-rookie; to structure contracts to minimize cap this year, and let future years worry about themselves; etc.  A Nowacrat would often spend down almost all of a given-year's cap money, rather than leaving $6-12 unspend in order to carry it forward to next year.  A Nowacrat would NOT have cut Daniels when we did, for example, when we had the cap space for that season to cover him.  A Nowacrat is willing to do what it takes to keep as much of an NFC-championship-finalist together as possible.  In big cap trouble?  Restructure everybody you can to  make space to resign Jones and to bring King back.  All of the conversion of base salary into option years, those were all Nowacrat moves.  I'm a Bucks fan:  The Milwaukee Bucks trading three first round picks for Jrue Holliday on an expiring contract, that was Nowacrat all the way; and enabled a championship.  I'm a Cub fan:  The Cubs trading a top-30 prospect Torres for a 2-months-plus-playoffs rental Chapman was a pure Nowacrat deal in 2016; and enabled their only World Series championship in a century. )

Buildican:  Long-term view.   

You've got an NFC-championship-finalist and a window of opportunity.  But you draft a developmental QB who you know isn't going to advance Super Bowl run year one or two.  It's a Buildican who lets Daniels go, even when you had cap room to keep him, in order to set up more cap room for the ensuing year.   It's a Buildican who trades 2018 1st round pick 14 back to New Orleans for pick 27 and a 2019 first round pick.  It was Buildican fans, not Nowacrats, who just wanted Gute to trade Rodgers for what he could get his summer.  And Buildican fans most hesitant to add extra guaranteed years onto the back end of his contract.  

Personally, I think Gute has generally kept a reasonably good balance between the two.  Maybe he should have gone more Nowacrat in the Love draft, and it would have made a difference; but the Buildican in me is pretty excited to have dillon ready to roll now, and to have a possible good future even in some post-Rodgers future, *IF* Love ends up being good.  Maybe signing Bakhti and Jones was TOO Nowacrat, but the Nowacrat part of me is pretty glad we've got them, with a chance at a serious run his season?  Some posters have faulted all of the restructuring and voidable-years backloading and the future cap problems, but the Nowacrat in me thinks it made good sense, and taking a swing at it this year is appropriate.  [I can imagine that hypothetically Rodgers might think Gute has been unnecessarily Buildican in some small-impact decisions.  Keeping Malik over Kumerow, neither guy has any significant long-term impact, so Gute, do you need to go all Buildican in a choice like that?  Why not just keep the guy who knows what he's doing?).  But overall I think Gute has done a pretty good job of navigating both Nowacrat and Buildican impulses.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, SSG said:

Not even close dude, and such a trash human being thing to say.  Such blatant disrespect is pretty sickening.  

We get it, you believe everyone is beneath since you are/were in the military and that everyone should kiss your *** because of it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So which team will Rodgers get traded to after he gets curb stomped in another NFC Championship game?

Or which team will Love get traded to if this defense is as good as I think it could be?

Question 1: Denver is leading contender with the Raiders in second. 

Question 2: Not going to happen! Rodgers wants out of GB so even with a Super Bowl ring, he's gone after this year. 

Kinda changing my mind on Rodgers after the Cobb stuff came out. On some level I gotta give it up for a guy who gets his friend his job back. 

Still.... is there a reason he couldn't just say that? All the talking without actually saying anything is stupid. 

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Kinda changing my mind on Rodgers after the Cobb stuff came out. On some level I gotta give it up for a guy who gets his friend his job back. 

Still.... is there a reason he couldn't just say that? All the talking without actually saying anything is stupid. 

The legal term is: plausible deniability

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I think Rodgers didn't mean Cobb he meant Cole (Beasley) Packers wanted him, he is probably going to get cut and he'll improve the slot massively for us...

I'd sign him in a heartbeat for vet minimum.  Slot was made for him.